News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Strangest Things You've Seen on a bus

Started by ilovetea4370, June 08, 2013, 07:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notepanel

Quote from: trident4370 on June 12, 2013, 07:38:35 PM
Quote from: Gareth on June 12, 2013, 03:33:35 PM
Not as amusing as some of the stories here, but on Monday night, a bendibus was driving up Priory Queensway with its bonnet fully open, Engine exposed. I informed the driver and he seemed quite shocked. He then went to close it. I wonder how long it was open for?

I once caught 4335 and found the bonnet was open, when I told the driver he just asked me if I could shut it myself so I gladly obliged! Thing is the Cab Dashboard had a light on it with an open bonnet so he would have known it was up!

As for the 45 story, yeah It amazes me how open some of these scumbags are with doing drugs on buses, I wonder just how much of the CCTV gets passed onto the police?

I guess the bonnet being open presents an issue to the driver when in service. Obviously it needs closing, but that would require the driver leaving the cab which can lead to further issues.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Mike K on June 12, 2013, 09:16:53 PM
A situation I was part of that might have looked a bit unusual to onlookers. 3rd test, England v South Africa at Edgbaston in 2008. A group of 6 of us dressed as British Redcoat soldiers - red tunics, white straps, black trousers, helmets and huge false moustaches were walking down Pershore Road during the morning rush hour. At the Cartland Road lights, the driver of a Thandi 45 (or whatever tinpot company ran on the 45 in those days) running from city but with no passengers on board, opened his door and asked if we wanted a 'lift'. When we said yes, he turned round at the Co-Op island, picked us up then ran non-stop to Edgbaston passing a couple of NXWM 45 / 47s along the way. We did of course pay him for his services.

The sight of a clapped out unmarked Dart storming down the Pershire Road with just a group of 19th century British soldiers on board must have been slightly bizarre for any late rush hour commuters!

That made me smile!!

This story wins in my opinion.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

nitromatt1

Saw something which I've never seen before this evening.

2062 was parked up in Wolverhampton Bus Station about 22:10 this evening, and a seemingly random selection of letters, numbers and equal-signs were scrolling across the front destination blinds! It seemed to follow a pattern like A = 6 B = 4 C = 9 D = 8 or something like that. Couldn't look at it properly as I was passing it on the 126. The side display was simply a rectangle of LEDs.

Anyone seen anything like this before?

ilovetea4370

This is actually quite common but I've forgotten what it means! It might be displaying the size of the LED field but don't quote me on that.

Trident 4609

Quote from: nitromatt1 on June 29, 2013, 12:16:27 AM
Saw something which I've never seen before this evening.

2062 was parked up in Wolverhampton Bus Station about 22:10 this evening, and a seemingly random selection of letters, numbers and equal-signs were scrolling across the front destination blinds! It seemed to follow a pattern like A = 6 B = 4 C = 9 D = 8 or something like that. Couldn't look at it properly as I was passing it on the 126. The side display was simply a rectangle of LEDs.

Anyone seen anything like this before?

Saw this a couple of times displayed on B7RLE's in Wolverhampton.

nitromatt1

Does anyone know what it means? (Drivers, staff?)

Liverpool Street

Isn't it the test sequence of the blinds? (Type 1234 into the destination box and then the password (if you know it)) -- Or it could've been 9876, some sequence of numbers brings it up. Also, it sometimes shows on our B7rles when the things get reset by an engineer.
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

Ex BC driver

Quote from: The Rat on June 29, 2013, 12:56:32 PM
Isn't it the test sequence of the blinds? (Type 1234 into the destination box and then the password (if you know it)) -- Or it could've been 9876, some sequence of numbers brings it up. Also, it sometimes shows on our B7rles when the things get reset by an engineer.

According to the manual for Deric+ Hanover Displays (available online), you press F/E twice then type in the Lock Code, which is 0101, then scroll through to Test Signs

Ex BC driver

Also if you type BC on any BC vehicle you can get things like cricket shuttle, retirement, private charter, Birmingham Central Garage, Driver Under Instruction, WMT social

Liverpool Street

Quote from: BC driver on June 30, 2013, 01:05:35 PM
Quote from: The Rat on June 29, 2013, 12:56:32 PM

According to the manual for Deric+ Hanover Displays (available online), you press F/E twice then type in the Lock Code, which is 0101, then scroll through to Test Signs

I know it was 1234 on the 42'hundreds when we had them, i'll try that out BC Driver.  8)
until it cought fire

nitromatt1

On Reading Buses type 0 in then scroll through for things like Not In Service, Private Charter, Rail Replacement, etc

the trainbasher

Was on a 226 night trip yesterday and the strangest thing I saw was...passengers! Considering we were diverted too that's a shock and half!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Liberator9

Just seen the strangest and possibly the most worrying thing on a bus today, on the 246 (enviro 400)going to Stourbridge. A man got on at Dudley and was sitting behind me. Just before Russells Hall hospital he got up and went down to the driver, obviously to get off the bus. The bus stopped at the stop and then the man started speaking in a foreign language I think to the driver. He then went on to talk about the devil. Some fellow passengers including a young 20 year old female started shouting at him to get off the bus and then he said to this female, I will kill you. Fortunately he got off the bus about a minute later and walked off. It was strange yet scary as no one knew what he would do. The driver was female and very polite so I don't see why he should have anything against her. I'm hoping the driver reports this and asks for the CCTV to be examined as it was pretty serious I think.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Liberator9 on July 13, 2013, 08:14:06 PM
Just seen the strangest and possibly the most worrying thing on a bus today, on the 246 (enviro 400)going to Stourbridge. A man got on at Dudley and was sitting behind me. Just before Russells Hall hospital he got up and went down to the driver, obviously to get off the bus. The bus stopped at the stop and then the man started speaking in a foreign language I think to the driver. He then went on to talk about the devil. Some fellow passengers including a young 20 year old female started shouting at him to get off the bus and then he said to this female, I will kill you. Fortunately he got off the bus about a minute later and walked off. It was strange yet scary as no one knew what he would do. The driver was female and very polite so I don't see why he should have anything against her. I'm hoping the driver reports this and asks for the CCTV to be examined as it was pretty serious I think.

Seriously? Was he Asian? There is a small Asian chap with a cap who does similar things on the 900. Think its a mental condition. They're clearly not 100%.
until it cought fire

Liberator9

Yes he was, but didn't have a cap, but still could be him, and I agree that it is maybe a mental condition.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk