News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Strangest Things You've Seen on a bus

Started by ilovetea4370, June 08, 2013, 07:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

I once saw a full load with standing passengers on a Blue Diamond 37, does that count?  ;D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Dylan4579

Standing only on a joe  dart and an NWXM 11 behind with two people on!

Mike K

Many years ago an ex girlfriend was on the top deck of a very early morning 45 going through Kings Norton. There was one other passenger on the top deck, a lad in his twenties who was acting a bit strangely. To be safe, she got up and went to sit downstairs. When she went past him she realised he was, well, how shall we put it, stroking his goat / charming the snake / auditioning his finger puppets - you get the gist.

Ahem.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Mike K on June 11, 2013, 08:51:59 PM
Many years ago an ex girlfriend was on the top deck of a very early morning 45 going through Kings Norton. There was one other passenger on the top deck, a lad in his twenties who was acting a bit strangely. To be safe, she got up and went to sit downstairs. When she went past him she realised he was, well, how shall we put it, stroking his goat / charming the snake / auditioning his finger puppets - you get the gist.

Ahem.

Oh dear.

We all enjoy buses but that's a step too far.  ;)

Regular basis, not that rare now, upstairs gob and spit and excrement on the floor of the upper deck on Small Heath route, 60. I refuse to go upstairs, no legroom either.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

ilovetea4370

I think Mike K has the best story so far, just goes to show some people have no shame or dignity whatsoever! Can anybody else beat that story? :P

I did see something strange yesterday on the 35, this old woman got on and was behind a pregnant woman and she just kept "crossing" herself and muttering under her breath ???

Liverpool Street

Today; just got a 45 back home and this disgusting individual gets on in Hudsons Drive, Cotteridge. I'm sitting at the back next to the emergancy exit, this charming young man walks straight to back after showing the driver what seemed to be a multipack of durex, kneels down on the middle seat and using the rear window 'ledge' as a table, carefully places out all this paraphernalia and rolls the biggest spliff I've ever seen. Seriously, it was huge. Anyway, the chap then gets off at Metchley Lane without a care in the world. Probably more stoned then Bronze-Age infidels.

Avoiding the Police by doing it on the bus.
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

Gareth

Not as amusing as some of the stories here, but on Monday night, a bendibus was driving up Priory Queensway with its bonnet fully open, Engine exposed. I informed the driver and he seemed quite shocked. He then went to close it. I wonder how long it was open for?

Mike K

Quote from: The Rat on June 12, 2013, 02:16:57 PM
Today; just got a 45 back home and this disgusting individual gets on in Hudsons Drive, Cotteridge. I'm sitting at the back next to the emergancy exit, this charming young man walks straight to back after showing the driver what seemed to be a multipack of durex, kneels down on the middle seat and using the rear window 'ledge' as a table, carefully places out all this paraphernalia and rolls the biggest spliff I've ever seen. Seriously, it was huge. Anyway, the chap then gets off at Metchley Lane without a care in the world. Probably more stoned then Bronze-Age infidels.

I'm confused by the geography here Mr Rat, unless it's just me being daft. 45 and Metchley Lane?

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Mike K on June 12, 2013, 04:13:04 PM

I'm confused by the geography here Mr Rat, unless it's just me being daft. 45 and Metchley Lane?

Yes, he got on in Cotteridge, Hudson's Drive, went 4 stops and got off at Pershore Road, junction with Metchley Lane, opposite that carvery place. Bottom of Pershore Road south hill if your from the area.
until it cought fire

Mike K

Quote from: The Rat on June 12, 2013, 06:15:50 PM

Yes, he got on in Cotteridge, Hudson's Drive, went 4 stops and got off at Pershore Road, junction with Metchley Lane, opposite that carvery place. Bottom of Pershore Road south hill if your from the area.

Ahh, Melchett Road! (Metchley Lane is by the QE hospital)

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Mike K on June 12, 2013, 07:07:53 PM
Quote from: The Rat on June 12, 2013, 06:15:50 PM

Ahh, Melchett Road! (Metchley Lane is by the QE hospital)

Damn it! Sorry Mick, been up since 3am I guess its time for some bedtime reading of a Birmingham map. ;)
until it cought fire

ilovetea4370

Quote from: Gareth on June 12, 2013, 03:33:35 PM
Not as amusing as some of the stories here, but on Monday night, a bendibus was driving up Priory Queensway with its bonnet fully open, Engine exposed. I informed the driver and he seemed quite shocked. He then went to close it. I wonder how long it was open for?

I once caught 4335 and found the bonnet was open, when I told the driver he just asked me if I could shut it myself so I gladly obliged! Thing is the Cab Dashboard had a light on it with an open bonnet so he would have known it was up!

As for the 45 story, yeah It amazes me how open some of these scumbags are with doing drugs on buses, I wonder just how much of the CCTV gets passed onto the police?

Mike K

A situation I was part of that might have looked a bit unusual to onlookers. 3rd test, England v South Africa at Edgbaston in 2008. A group of 6 of us dressed as British Redcoat soldiers - red tunics, white straps, black trousers, helmets and huge false moustaches were walking down Pershore Road during the morning rush hour. At the Cartland Road lights, the driver of a Thandi 45 (or whatever tinpot company ran on the 45 in those days) running from city but with no passengers on board, opened his door and asked if we wanted a 'lift'. When we said yes, he turned round at the Co-Op island, picked us up then ran non-stop to Edgbaston passing a couple of NXWM 45 / 47s along the way. We did of course pay him for his services.

The sight of a clapped out unmarked Dart storming down the Pershire Road with just a group of 19th century British soldiers on board must have been slightly bizarre for any late rush hour commuters!

horsencart

nitromatt1

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk