News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

New Routes

Started by Trident 4609, April 07, 2013, 09:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nathan4775

Anyone know what might be used to kick start the new 310 ?
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

bususer12

Quote from: the trainbasher on September 30, 2013, 09:59:28 PM
It will but not to compete against the X96 but for another purpose which is to reinstate a link severed by Centro in a network review

The old 265/264 loop??

so I guess the x26 will interwork with the 226 for this to work well???

bususer12

Quote from: Nathan4775 on September 30, 2013, 10:00:33 PM

A Solo, in Midland livery probably!

Kevin

Quote from: bususer12 on October 01, 2013, 12:13:44 AM
Quote from: Nathan4775 on September 30, 2013, 10:00:33 PM

A Solo, in Midland livery probably!

that or a decker for the 4 people that use it
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

the trainbasher

Quote from: bususer12 on October 01, 2013, 12:12:09 AM
Quote from: the trainbasher on September 30, 2013, 09:59:28 PM
It will but not to compete against the X96 but for another purpose which is to reinstate a link severed by Centro in a network review

The old 265/264 loop??

so I guess the x26 will interwork with the 226 for this to work well???

As per Centro site

X26   Hansons   Merry Hill Centre - Dudley via Woodside   New service following line of existing X96 service   Will link up with service 226 at Merry Hill and offer a through circular service Dudley - Merry Hill - Kingswinford - Dudley

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

the trainbasher

19   Arriva Midlands   Wolverhampton - Walsall via Bloxwich   Will no longer serve Wolverhampton Bus Station or the grounds of New Cross Hospital   Timetable amended

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

the trainbasher

310   Arriva Midlands   Willenhall - Merry Hill Centre via Wednesbury   New service incorporating current services 327 and 610 and extended to Merry Hill Centre   Frequency up to every 30 mins on majority of route Monday to Saturday daytime.
327   Arriva Midlands   Wednesbury - Willenhall via Darlaston   Service is withdrawn, journeys are amalgamated into new service 310   
610   Arriva Midlands   Wednesbury - Dudley via Great Bridge, Tipton   Service is withdrawn, journeys are amalgamated into new service 310   

Bob

I reckon itll be Darts lol

Bob

Wonder if thatll lead to even less passengers lol? The handful of pensioners that do get on tend to.be around new cross hospital.  Maybe theyre just speedin up the impending death of the route hahaha, they could invest in some 14 seater vans? For capacity purposes loooooool :-p

bususer12

Guessing that is to avoid fees by not serving bus stn

Bob

Does anyone know whether the 19 turns a profit at all? Logic would suggest it makes a big loss but you never know

arrifirststage

A bit pedantic I know but surely you can only MAKE a profit..........you SUSTAIN a loss.

Nathan4775

Quote from: the trainbasher on October 01, 2013, 09:16:19 AM
19   Arriva Midlands   Wolverhampton - Walsall via Bloxwich   Will no longer serve Wolverhampton Bus Station or the grounds of New Cross Hospital   Timetable amended

:D I was right  :D ;D 8)
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

mranon

the bus station being missed out does not suprise me. centro messed up big time with the bus station timings. as the 19 was quite often late it wasnt possible to get on the stand or near it. new cross is and will always be a time consuming bottleneck. even nxwm 28 suffers just doing part of the circuit

Bob

As I said though the handful of pensioners that use it largely board and alight at the hospital.  Surely running it up and down the main road where nx buses are ten a penny along large stretches of it will just kill it off?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk