News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Alexander Dennis Enviro400

Started by raymondthebest, February 18, 2013, 07:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Winston on July 23, 2013, 01:24:06 PM
Quote from: The Retiring Rat on July 23, 2013, 01:22:08 PM
Quote from: Winston on July 23, 2013, 12:53:23 PM
Quote from: The Retiring Rat on July 23, 2013, 12:31:46 PM
Quote from: Trident 4609 on July 23, 2013, 12:28:48 PM
Quote from: The Retiring Rat on July 23, 2013, 12:27:07 PM
Quote from: Trident 4609 on July 23, 2013, 12:26:01 PM
I'm guessing more BC tridents will transfer elsewhere. I have heard PE may gain Some 44** tridents  (This came from Driver03)

Not in this batch, but when we get the facelift ones we could see some 44's going.

Yes thats what i said. Driver03 said the plan is for PE to have some 44** tridents! Tbh WN should have them to withdraw the Spectras

Oh, from the way you wrote that it seemed like you meant in this transfer window. Sorry, 4609.

And I can see it being feasable WN can have them. Timing would be correct to withdraw Spectras begging of '14, BC lose 16 44's and gain 16 new shaped E400s.

I was under the impression from the trade press that NX were only just going out to tender with manufacturers to supply the 300 new buses that are promised. Have orders now been placed?

Its too early for me to possibly disclose this information.

If you're as clever as I think you are, the above statement has already answered your question... ;)

Cheers Rat  ;)

I thought you'd understand what I was on about  ;)

Anybody got any manufactures' pictures of the 2014 E400? If it will even be called Enviro400 in the future. Its a totally new body I've been told by a friend at ADL. But our meets are few and far between nowadays.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Liverpool Street

And obviously we have Euro 6 standards at the start of '14... would that mean even slower, quieter engines?! ZF 'boxes seem to be the box of choice for other operators though.
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

winston

Quote from: The Retiring Rat on July 23, 2013, 08:18:29 PM

Anybody got any manufactures' pictures of the 2014 E400? If it will even be called Enviro400 in the future. Its a totally new body I've been told by a friend at ADL. But our meets are few and far between nowadays.

I get you you Rat!  ;)

I don't think ADL or Wrightbus have released any images of their new Euro 6 designs to the trade press as yet? I've seen details of Scania & Cummins new Euro 6 engines, but that's about it

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Winston on July 23, 2013, 08:31:34 PM

I get you you Rat!  ;)

I don't think ADL or Wrightbus have released any images of their new Euro 6 designs to the trade press as yet? I've seen details of Scania & Cummins new Euro 6 engines, but that's about it

I did have a nice long winded reply for this but the damn internet timed out and lost it all. Fcuk sake

So I'll leave it with; keep me posted when you get any images - Cheers Winston.
until it cought fire

winston

Quote from: The Retiring Rat on July 23, 2013, 08:41:35 PM

I get you you Rat!  ;)

I did have a nice long winded reply for this but the damn internet timed out and lost it all. Fcuk sake

Coach & Bus 2013 is at the NEC 2nd/3rd October, i expect the new Euro 6 offerings will be kept under wraps until then

http://coachandbuslive.com/

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Winston on July 23, 2013, 08:47:24 PM

I get you you Rat!  ;)

Coach & Bus 2013 is at the NEC 2nd/3rd October, i expect the new Euro 6 offerings will be kept under wraps until then

Yuss, I avoid such events as all you get is endless irritating bus nuts who don't have a clue what they're really looking at. Littering the arena with 'noobish' behaviour. I remember the one with the Metrobus was brand new... now that was a bus show! But as you know, its nothing but plastic now.

I think the finish on the E400 is shoddy, with exposed rivets etc.
until it cought fire

winston

Quote from: The Retiring Rat on July 23, 2013, 08:52:53 PM
Quote from: Winston on July 23, 2013, 08:47:24 PM

I get you you Rat!  ;)

Yuss, I avoid such events as all you get is endless irritating bus nuts who don't have a clue what they're really looking at. Littering the arena with 'noobish' behaviour. I remember the one with the Metrobus was brand new... now that was a bus show! But as you know, its nothing but plastic now.

I think the finish on the E400 is shoddy, with exposed rivets etc.

I've not been to one for years either

BU07 LGO

I get you you Rat!  ;)

http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=1901.msg48812#msg48812

I posted last week a picture if the new euro6 Gemini

winston

Quote from: BU07 LGO on July 24, 2013, 02:15:38 AM

I get you you Rat!  ;)

http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=1901.msg48812#msg48812

I posted last week a picture if the new euro6 Gemini

Thanks, yes I saw that, it looks like a Gemini involved in a low bridge accident that has been rebuilt by East Lancs, the upper deck looks wrong - hope it's only a prototype for comment/feedback

It was more ADL's new double decker offering that we hadn't seen any images of

Wolves256

Is this picture correct?

Bottom half looks Gemini, but top half looks like a Borrismaster!!!

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Wolves256 on July 24, 2013, 12:17:26 PM
Is this picture correct?

Bottom half looks Gemini, but top half looks like a Borrismaster!!!

It is. I saw it in the flesh, and it's worse.
until it cought fire

CL

Been there for a while now... Running regularly on 900 & 957, but yesterday on the 22 & 24? I've started this topic to ask for your opinions... Do you think they should run on the 24 more often?
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Sh4318

Quote from: clayderman on July 24, 2013, 06:16:49 PM
Been there for a while now... Running regularly on 900 & 957, but yesterday on the 22 & 24? I've started this topic to ask for your opinions... Do you think they should run on the 24 more often?

No, I don't. The 24 gets Tridents & Hybrids, I think the Enviros should say on the 900/957 and the Coventry Road
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

monkeyjoe

No I don't other area apart from Harborne  could do with some investment. Nearly all the old Quinton routes (to from City Centre) have modern buses on them now.

JB93

Any new investment at Birmingham Central needs to go onto routes like the 45/47, 61/63, and the 97. I think the 56/90 could benefit from new vehicles and a joint branding too. Harborne has had a hell of a lot of investment lately.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk