News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

The new B5 gemini

Started by BU07 LGO, July 14, 2013, 10:12:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BU07 LGO

Hi thought this would be of interest to some of you:

https://mobile.twitter.com/VolvoBusUK/status/352396708442959872/photo/1

I personally like it, but trident4370 who sent me the link isn't a fan lol

Opinions?

I'm guessing this is the bus "the rat" spotted at bc recently?

nitromatt1

Reminds me of the NB4L!

Could do with a front view of it if anyone has one?

BU07 LGO

I cant see one of the front but looking at the dashboard it looks like its similar to the current one, which matches what the rat said

Mike K

Don't like the retro style small top deck windows, looks like a throwback to the NOV---G Birmingham Fleetlines. What I like about the current Gemini is the huge windows all round which give it a modern appearance.

Andrew1991

I quite like it, so I mocked it up in NXWM livery. Not Brilliant editing but it shows what it would look like.

nitromatt1

JackC

Not really a fan of the design. Maybe it'd look better with a single door but I dunno, the general shape doesn't really appeal to me.

Trident 4609

Quote from: nitromatt1 on July 14, 2013, 03:18:18 PM
It's not a hybrid is it?

I thought it was a B5LH.at first but its actually a B5TL so a standard bus matt

Stu

Yes, its the new B5TL, which Volvo Buses announced at the Euro Bus Expo last year:
http://www.volvobuses.com/bus/uk/en-gb/newsmedia/pressreleases/_layouts/CWP.Internet.VolvoCom/NewsItem.aspx?News.ItemId=133529&News.Language=en-gb

I wonder if the one The Rat saw at BC was some kind of demonstrator as part of a sales pitch? If so, then it's quite possible that NX might be looking to purchase some as part of next years orders...
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Liverpool Street

It was the same bus.

I told you it looked like NB4L!!

And like I said it had all the top NX people in it.

The front is the same from what I recall. Maybe one more headlight? But it still has the big curved windows at the front. Which oddly doesn't match the rest.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Liverpool Street

Is this thing low height then?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk