News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Alexander Dennis Enviro400

Started by raymondthebest, February 18, 2013, 07:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley 4569

The 90 operates nowhere near the Coventry Road, thespares could appear on any BC route for all we know at this point, they could go on BC's morning peak workings of the 9 which would be interesting, however the 90 is one of NXWMs better routes and with new buses could get a upward jump in loadings in my opinion

D10

Quote from: Ashley 4569 on July 17, 2013, 08:50:06 PM
The 90 operates nowhere near the Coventry Road, thespares could appear on any BC route for all we know at this point, they could go on BC's morning peak workings of the 9 which would be interesting, however the 90 is one of NXWMs better routes and with new buses could get a upward jump in loadings in my opinion

Agree with you Ashley, I would have thought that passengers from areas such as Coleshill and Water Orton could be tempted onto the 90 if it was seen to be offering a higher quality service with new vehicles.

The train service from Water Orton isn't really that frequent and Coleshill Parkway is out of the town, so the bus has immediate advantages there for commuters and shoppers.

Mike K

Quote from: :D on July 17, 2013, 04:32:17 PM
Is it me or is it every single of these new buses smells horribly?

I sincerely hope it's not you  ;)

monkeyjoe

Quote from: D10 on July 17, 2013, 09:20:43 PM
Quote from: Ashley 4569 on July 17, 2013, 08:50:06 PM

Agree with you Ashley, I would have thought that passengers from areas such as Coleshill and Water Orton could be tempted onto the 90 if it was seen to be offering a higher quality service with new vehicles.

The train service from Water Orton isn't really that frequent and Coleshill Parkway is out of the town, so the bus has immediate advantages there for commuters and shoppers.

They did go through a period of branding that  route when it was the 590A/C and reported of here the route did see passenger increases. I wonder if they would consider doing anything with the route again (I doubt it).

Ashley 4569

Thats going back to the days when routes were deemed fine to be ridiculously complex though, like i said, factory fresh enviro400s would do much more for that route than etching strewn tridents and as you say and what i agree on is that the train services arent great something like two stopping trains an hour (correct me if im wrong), is it any wonder they've all got cars in those areas

Sh4318

Quote from: Ashley 4569 on July 17, 2013, 10:27:37 PM
Thats going back to the days when routes were deemed fine to be ridiculously complex though, like i said, factory fresh enviro400s would do much more for that route than etching strewn tridents and as you say and what i agree on is that the train services arent great something like two stopping trains an hour (correct me if im wrong), is it any wonder they've all got cars in those areas

Yes, trains are every half hourly, the same as the 90, but miles faster and also half hourly on Sundays
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Tony

Quote from: Sh4166 on July 17, 2013, 10:30:03 PM

Yes, trains are every half hourly, the same as the 90, but miles faster and also half hourly on Sundays

Oh I wish trains were every half hour to Water Orton, more like once every 2 hours

Sh4318

Quote from: Tony on July 18, 2013, 07:59:42 AM

Oh I wish trains were every half hour to Water Orton, more like once every 2 hours

I was referring to Coleshill Parkway.

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Sh4166 on July 18, 2013, 08:00:58 AM

Even more of a case to improve the 90 then!!!!

Tony

Quote from: Sh4166 on July 18, 2013, 08:00:58 AM

But how many houses are within easy walking distance of Coleshill parkway

JIM H

It's difficult to see how you can attract bus passengers around Coleshill Parkway even using new buses.
It has a good road systems close at hand and the railway station has about 2 trains per hour in each direction.
Car parking is free a the moment and has spaces for 200 cars. The since the station opened passenger numbers
have continually increased to over 3,000 per week upto 2012, so there is a market for travellers but i guess it's
to attract car owners who require speedier travel.   

Sh4318

The frequency of the 90 is adequate in my opinion.
How many Enviros appear on the route?

Trident 4609

Quote from: Sh4166 on July 18, 2013, 06:49:30 PM
The frequency of the 90 is adequate in my opinion.
How many Enviros appear on the route?

0 so far

Liverpool Street

Yeah because they're not all in service yet.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

:D

Quote from: Mike K on July 17, 2013, 09:21:50 PM
Quote from: :D on July 17, 2013, 04:32:17 PM
Is it me or is it every single of these new buses smells horribly?

I sincerely hope it's not you  ;)
... I hope not.  ::)

Anyway, this odour was really strong, I was expecting bus to smell something like electrical components when I take it out of the box but no, it's worse than that and it smells like outdated cream milk. I could smell it when the bus was just passing me few metres away.

Probably that's just my sense of smell being too sensitive.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk