News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

NX Hybrids

Started by Nathan4775, April 18, 2012, 06:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the hybrids do you prefer?

Volvo B5LH
45 (55.6%)
Enviro400H
36 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 81

ilovetea4370

I love the style of it but not too sure that orange was the best colour choice. In fairness the brandings coming out lately seem to be of a much higher standard than when the NXWM brand was first introduced, first there was the grey blobs then the green patches, but now it seems we are seeing some respectable looking buses(and different coloured routes again)!

winston

Quote from: trident4370 on March 09, 2013, 12:42:24 AM
I love the style of it but not too sure that orange was the best colour choice. In fairness the brandings coming out lately seem to be of a much higher standard than when the NXWM brand was first introduced, first there was the grey blobs then the green patches, but now it seems we are seeing some respectable looking buses(and different coloured routes again)!

It's red (even though red & green should never be seen & all that.......). I agree NX finally seem to have got it right with the latest style of branding's, the only problem I can see is certain colours either clashing or not been so bold against the standard NX red in the livery

Whoever thought it would be a good a idea to brand all routes in the same horrible green........

ilovetea4370

Quote from: Winston on March 09, 2013, 01:03:58 AM

It's red (even though red & green should never be seen & all that.......). I agree NX finally seem to have got it right with the latest style of branding's, the only problem I can see is certain colours either clashing or not been so bold against the standard NX red in the livery

Whoever thought it would be a good a idea to brand all routes in the same horrible green........

Must be my crap screen then!
That could be said of the pink 82/87s the colour near enough blends in under the windscreen but at the same time, it is still an improvement on what went before it :P I wonder if the 9s and 50s will get the same branding once the swap has taken place, will be interesting to see what colours they get if any!

winston

Quote from: trident4370 on March 09, 2013, 01:13:56 AM
Quote from: Winston on March 09, 2013, 01:03:58 AM

Must be my crap screen then!
That could be said of the pink 82/87s the colour near enough blends in under the windscreen but at the same time, it is still an improvement on what went before it :P I wonder if the 9s and 50s will get the same branding once the swap has taken place, will be interesting to see what colours they get if any!

The Dudley Rd pink does look a little lost against the NX red, but as you say a vast improvement on the previous green branding.

The latest styles & colours are much better than the recent X96 & 33 branding
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/1515-1743/1631.html
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/4700-4879/4843.html

JackC

I'd say this is the best branding they've done yet. It's a shame I can't make it to the launch tomorrow, sounds like it could be fun.

Solo1

what time will it leave dudley

Kevin

I'm going to hazzard a guess that not all of them will be branded?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

John

Quote from: Gareth on March 08, 2013, 11:53:03 PM
And here is the branding.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/71592768@N08/8539440075/

So now, instead of green vinyl on red buses, we have it the other way around. Looks quite smart though!

Now that is very good!

Stu

Quote from: Kevin on March 09, 2013, 08:06:55 AM

As they're all intended for the 1 service, I don't see why they shouldn't all be branded.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

settlerman

The best branding yet by far. (In my opinion)

Discodave

If people want them to sneak on other services why brand them they would look stupid.  See other posts.

winston

Quote from: Stu on March 09, 2013, 11:19:29 AM
Quote from: Kevin on March 09, 2013, 08:06:55 AM

As they're all intended for the 1 service, I don't see why they shouldn't all be branded.

I reckon, they'll leave a handful unbranded, as all 21 shouldn't be needed on the 1. Therefore it will give WN the flexibility to use them elsewhere for peak workings/to cover breakdowns etc

Mike K

BN said earlier on in the thread (page 18) that he thought 9 or 10 were to be branded. But plans seem to change all the time. I'd like to see some of the BC ones receive some similar branding but they'd have to remove some leaves first, and it would have to be generic Harborne branding given that they frequently appear on the 24.

Tony

Three photos of 5515 out today are at
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/5001-9959/5515.html

not all are being route branded

williamposh

There were always going to be 21 new Hybrids in to NXWM.  The only debate was whether or not all new ones would go to WN or would the 2 different types be standardised at BC and WN so all Volvos at one and all E400s at the other.

It turns out there will be 21 new ones at WN of 2 different types (9 and 12) and BC allocation remains the same.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk