News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

NX Hybrids

Started by Nathan4775, April 18, 2012, 06:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the hybrids do you prefer?

Volvo B5LH
45 (55.6%)
Enviro400H
36 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 81

D10

It may just be the sunlight, but does anybody else think the green is darker than on the other Hybrids?

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: D10 on February 17, 2013, 09:00:33 PM
It may just be the sunlight, but does anybody else think the green is darker than on the other Hybrids?

Does look slightly darker, but then the buses do seem to be parked in the shade!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Ashley

Well the Presidents haven't lasted long then at YW, even though theyre giving some second refurbs, or is another mad suprise President transfer planned?

BN

Yes I hear they are to be 13 plates.

The Real 4778

Quote from: raymondthebest on February 16, 2013, 10:04:09 PM
Okay thanks i heard 5501 suffered minor accent

That will be a Brummie accent then?
Don't you start.

Stuharris 6360

Are there any plans to try the hybrids out on longer distance routes to see how they cope.

All the routes they have been tried out on, 22/23 and now the 1 are very much small, stop/start routes, what about seeing how they would fair on something like the 126 or 256 which should see how they operate under different conditions?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 18, 2013, 04:07:16 PM
Are there any plans to try the hybrids out on longer distance routes to see how they cope.

All the routes they have been tried out on, 22/23 and now the 1 are very much small, stop/start routes, what about seeing how they would fair on something like the 126 or 256 which should see how they operate under different conditions?
You would persume that any bus paid in the excess of 100K would be fit for any route/any distance. I certainly wouldn't buy one if it was not  :o :o :o
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Ashley

"Turning Wolverhampton green", youd have to knock half of it down and grass it over to do that

Andrew1991

Quote from: Ashley on February 18, 2013, 09:23:07 PM
"Turning Wolverhampton green", youd have to knock half of it down and grass it over to do that

i think it should at least have been 'turning the black country green' seeing as half of the route is in dudley and no doubt they'll end up on other routes too

Ashley

Its like when 4535 carried "investing in Wolverhampton", not too relevant to people in Birmingham. Where as when the Dudley Road got 06 Geminis, they used investing in sandwell and the black country if I rmemeber

BN

Quote from: 4006                         (Not NEL 111P) on February 18, 2013, 06:56:21 PM

You would persume that any bus paid in the excess of 100K would be fit for any route/any distance. I certainly wouldn't buy one if it was not  :o :o :o

I think its 9 or 10 that are being branded so we could try and sneak them out on other routes but they want them kept in and around Wolves so maybe not the 126.

BN

Quote from: Ashley on February 18, 2013, 09:23:07 PM

Scrap that, found out its now "This number 1 is Hybrid".

karl724223

serving the dingles lol  :)

Driver03

Quote from: BN on February 19, 2013, 08:34:21 AM
Quote from: 4006                         (Not NEL 111P) on February 18, 2013, 06:56:21 PM

I think its 9 or 10 that are being branded so we could try and sneak them out on other routes but they want them kept in and around Wolves so maybe not the 126.

Correct me if I wrong, but I'd assume that as some of the cost was funded from a government grant I'd assume that they have to stay on the route that NX origionally bid for. Same situation as to why the new Volvo Hybrids aren't being transferred straight away in exchange for E400Hs.

Mike K

Is that the reason the new B5LHs are going to WN rather than BC? I'd presumed that NXWM would be ok to move Hybrids between routes if they'd received fundings for each of those routes but I might be wrong. Also, the BC Hybrids regularly appear on the 24, usually 2 or 3 a day so I would have thought that WN's might be given license to roam sooner rather than later.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk