News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

North Birmingham and Sutton Coldfield Review

Started by vinh1000, October 31, 2012, 05:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackC

Quote from: Trident 4609 on May 14, 2013, 06:08:35 PM
Quote from: JackC on May 14, 2013, 05:51:55 PM
Message went out on WA radio this morning stating that route training for the 934 and 936 is being done this weekend, so that pretty much wraps up the fact that both routes are running from Walsall.

Already Confirmed on here anyway.

Just double confirming it.

Kevin

Regarding the new stop on the X51, at Perry Avenue (the Alexander stadium).
I actually would have thought if they were going to put a new stop in it would have been the stop before at Rocky Lane, seems to make more sense to me and still by the stadium
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

uniquicity

Still intrigued to know if the Coventry Scanias will upgrade some routes in the review.

notepanel

Quote from: Kevin on May 16, 2013, 07:46:24 AM
I actually would have thought if they were going to put a new stop in it would have been the stop before at Rocky Lane, seems to make more sense to me and still by the stadium

I personally do not see why they are introducing an extra stop. Peak journeys often leave people behind in Birmingham (PM) or at Tower Hill (AM), so surely this additional stop is just going to see people left at Alexander Stadium (although there's plenty of alternatives), or worse see travellers for Walsall left in Birmingham when there is the 952 alternative for the Alexander Stadium/Tower Hill.

lynx1103

Quote from: notepanel on May 16, 2013, 07:15:44 PM

I personally do not see why they are introducing an extra stop. Peak journeys often leave people behind in Birmingham (PM) or at Tower Hill (AM), so surely this additional stop is just going to see people left at Alexander Stadium (although there's plenty of alternatives), or worse see travellers for Walsall left in Birmingham when there is the 952 alternative for the Alexander Stadium/Tower Hill.

The Additional stop is to help 51 out on Sundays when events on at Alexandra Stadium. I Agree with the commnets Peak Hour (AM) will be unaable to stop

Kevin

Quote from: lynx1103 on May 16, 2013, 07:48:29 PM
Quote from: notepanel on May 16, 2013, 07:15:44 PM

The Additional stop is to help 51 out on Sundays when events on at Alexandra Stadium. I Agree with the commnets Peak Hour (AM) will be unaable to stop

I'll be honest they could quite easily put on more X51 short workings, to my knowledge there's only one atm, in the am peak

bwsau cymru

I think that an extra stop on the x51 is not brilliant currently its a fantastic fast service! I personally would like to see even more peak journeys added to the route and I honestly think that we will see an evening service added at some point in the future (could just be wishful thinking). I think its also a shame to reduce the 51 frequency on a sunday I think it should be increased rather than decreased. its a very busy and well looked after corridor but I just think it needs more services adding as its always getting busier!
campaigning for better transport for all

Kevin

Quote from: dannygill on May 16, 2013, 09:47:35 PM
I think its also a shame to reduce the 51 frequency on a sunday I think it should be increased rather than decreased. its a very busy and well looked after corridor but I just think it needs more services adding as its always getting busier!

Not going to lie, dissapointed with a fair bit of the review, but this one takes the piss, actually quite angry with that

Westy

Ash

I suppose any decrease on the frequency of the 51 on a sunday is due to the introduction of the recent X51 sunday workings as most shoppers will use this service as an alternative. An evening service on the X51 would be ideal or even just having it running later lets say until 9pm by then most workers or shoppers have returned home.

Kevin

Quote from: Ash on May 16, 2013, 10:32:23 PM
I suppose any decrease on the frequency of the 51 on a sunday is due to the introduction of the recent X51 sunday workings as most shoppers will use this service as an alternative. An evening service on the X51 would be ideal or even just having it running later lets say until 9pm by then most workers or shoppers have returned home.

But even still, every time I get the 51 on a sunday it's rammed, makes absolutely no sense to reducing it

lynx1103

Regarding 66/66A

Lost links between Maxted Road estate to New Oscott/Sutton Coldfield

Reduced Service Erdington-Birmingham Every 20 Mins the busiest part of the Route

66A

Erdington-Sutton Coldfield

Always thought the 66 Sutton-Erdington was busier than this side.
Unreliable service stuck in Chester Eoad que towards Erdington. This was regular on 111

monkeyjoe

I wonder if all these cuts PB is making does that mean it can invest in other  "busy" services that I would say have been neglected i.e 94's 16 101 etc. I wrote to the RD (as was getting nowhere with customer service dept) to moan about the state of my local 94 service as was informed in an email that in the seceond half of the year would potenially being upgraded as in his word "is a key route in the network". Only time will tell.

Moan over.

notepanel

Interesting to see that the 997 is being reduced back to half hourly between Walsall and Pheasey during off peak hours. I think this is the first time the frequency has dropped so low from Aldridge towards Birmingham though (although obviously the 936 will be there as well now). Should free up a few Leather Enviros

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk