News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

North Birmingham and Sutton Coldfield Review

Started by vinh1000, October 31, 2012, 05:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CL

Quote from: Winston on October 31, 2012, 11:48:40 PM
Quote from: vinh1000 on October 31, 2012, 08:02:33 PM
Quote from: lynx1103 on October 31, 2012, 06:45:59 PM
Bring back the 68A/68C
I agree here several drivers told me they want it back too a good route this! On one of BY's mercs I think it still shows the route 68 route map :)

Quite a few people still miss the 68A/68C, which begs the question why is was withdrawn if it is so popular
Off the topic, but so is the 91/91E - Birmingham to Perry Barr/Hockley(91E)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

winston

Couple of school services changing in the North Birmingham area on 9th June

PD0001111/129 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Gillity Village, Redruth Road and Barr Beacon Comprehensive School given service number 705/705A effective from 09-Jun-2013. To amend Route and Timetable.

PD0001111/130 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Walsall, Milton Street and Barr Beacon Comprehensive School given service number 704 effective from 09-Jun-2013. To amend Route and Timetable.

PD0001111/406 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ

Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between Walsall, Beacon Road, Barr Beacon School and Birmingham, Great Barr, Merrions Close given service number 705S effective from 09-Jun-2013.

notepanel

Quote from: Winston on May 09, 2013, 03:12:36 PM

PD0001111/129 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Gillity Village, Redruth Road and Barr Beacon Comprehensive School given service number 705/705A effective from 09-Jun-2013. To amend Route and Timetable.

PD0001111/130 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Walsall, Milton Street and Barr Beacon Comprehensive School given service number 704 effective from 09-Jun-2013. To amend Route and Timetable.

PD0001111/406 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ

Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between Walsall, Beacon Road, Barr Beacon School and Birmingham, Great Barr, Merrions Close given service number 705S effective from 09-Jun-2013.

I believe the 705 has a slight re-route around Gillity Village. The 705A is being renumbered to the 788 and the 704/705S are merged into the new 881. (705S route to the Bell Inn, Walstead Road then 704 route to Milton Street).

Other minor changes include the X51 serving an additional stop (Alexander Stadium), X51 journeys to Cannock using the Arriva 1 & 2 stop in Walsall instead of Stand B and the 997 using the 6/7/7A (To Walsall) stop in Aldridge (the current stop is the otherside of the road - both directions will now be on the same side of the road).

Also of note is this article in the Express & Star today concerning the 952 route. The article suggests it is not confirmed yet though. http://www.expressandstar.com/news/transport-news/2013/05/09/anger-at-great-barr-bus-route-scheme/

winston

Quote from: neale95 on May 09, 2013, 07:56:49 PM
Exhibitions:
http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/BusReview/BusReviewIndex.aspx

There are exhibitions running right up until the day before the changes actually occur, they're not exactly giving passengers much time to get their heads around the new changes

This review doesn't seem to have so been as well planned & implemented as others

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Winston on May 09, 2013, 08:31:11 PM
Exhibitions:

There are exhibitions running right up until the day before the changes actually occur, they're not exactly giving passengers much time to get their heads around the new changes

This review doesn't seem to have so been as well planned & implemented as others

It says timetables will be available at the exhibitions, are they not going to be published online as in previous reviews.

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

winston

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on May 09, 2013, 08:40:22 PM
Exhibitions:

It says timetables will be available at the exhibitions, are they not going to be published online as in previous reviews.

I would expect they would be

Bob

Good idea to get the X51s Cannock bound to go from the Arriva stop, could get them some extra custom, I think a single to Cannock costs less than the Arriva equivalent

Kevin

Ho hum....
They really should publish any details of changes long before they're due, so people can see the obvious flaws in them and hopefully get them rectified before its too late
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

winston

Quote from: Kevin on May 09, 2013, 10:13:13 PM

Ho hum....
They really should publish any details of changes long before they're due, so people can see the obvious flaws in them and hopefully get them rectified before its too late

I thought the exhibitions were usually a month before, thus giving NWM time to make any tweaks

Westy

Quote from: bob on May 09, 2013, 10:03:28 PM
Good idea to get the X51s Cannock bound to go from the Arriva stop, could get them some extra custom, I think a single to Cannock costs less than the Arriva equivalent

I agree.

Mind you, I tried explaining it to my sister, about the 2 changes.

'Coming back from Brum, it'll stop outside the Jobcentre, where the Arriva stops!'

'Is that where the Parrys coaches stop?'

'Not quite!'

John

Kevin

Quote from: notepanel on May 09, 2013, 03:38:13 PM
Also of note is this article in the Express & Star today concerning the 952 route. The article suggests it is not confirmed yet though. http://www.expressandstar.com/news/transport-news/2013/05/09/anger-at-great-barr-bus-route-scheme/

Oh dear Christ I've just read that, please no, that would be an awful route.
My suggestion would be two routes, a 952 using Walsall rd, Beeches rd (in both directions) and possibly on to old oscott or even kingstanding, and a separate non express route using Aldridge rd, Thornbridge avenue, turnberry rd, calshot rd and to Scott arms. But hell when would they listen to me
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Bob

I really hope they see fit to introduce even just one or two extra trips to and from cannock during shopping hours itd be great. The trains ok but not always that reliable

JB93

Quote from: notepanel on May 09, 2013, 03:38:13 PM
Quote from: Winston on May 09, 2013, 03:12:36 PM

I believe the 705 has a slight re-route around Gillity Village. The 705A is being renumbered to the 788 and the 704/705S are merged into the new 881. (705S route to the Bell Inn, Walstead Road then 704 route to Milton Street).

Other minor changes include the X51 serving an additional stop (Alexander Stadium), X51 journeys to Cannock using the Arriva 1 & 2 stop in Walsall instead of Stand B and the 997 using the 6/7/7A (To Walsall) stop in Aldridge (the current stop is the otherside of the road - both directions will now be on the same side of the road).

Just sounds like a bunch of disgruntled do-gooders who just don't want a bus down their road. If it gives greater transport links (which by the sounds of things it does) then where's the issue? If a bus going past can knock their garden wall over I think they need to find new builders.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk