News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

North Birmingham and Sutton Coldfield Review

Started by vinh1000, October 31, 2012, 05:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Stu on May 13, 2013, 07:42:56 PM
The North Birmingham changes are listed here:
http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/BusReview/North_Birmingham_changes.aspx

Still, now I see 'Matthew McKenzie' on my Facebook page has made himself look silly, as the only change to the 71A has been to introduce a 'summer timetable'.  ::)

Stu, I think that's one on many.....

Steve3229vp

What a big disappointing Bus Review, the revision back in August 2010 was bigger than this, there's no mention of service 28 which I'm really surprised about, my 907 route looks like it's still been neglected again unless "New timetables with minor changes to improve reliability" means more buses and a much needed increased peak frequency which I doubt. I bet there will be further changes by April 2014.

Steve3229vp

Thank you to everybody on this forum who answered some of my queries on the North Birmingham Bus Review, much appreciated

BU07 LGO

Seems good to me living in Pheasey, i've now got a 997,934 to walsall and 936 to brownhills with much better links to Streetly

notepanel

So to summarise the main route revisions of the review...
* The Birmingham express to Pheasey/Streetly corridor is changing again (934/935/936/997)
* The 66/66A are being cut short
* The 654 is extended to replace the 46 in Aston.

Otherwise, they're pretty trivial route changes or timetable changes, which either means the network is good as it is (in the companies views), or it's a half hearted review. It seems strange it took an extra 2 months to decide these changes, when so little seems to be actually changing.

Stu

Quote from: Winston on May 13, 2013, 07:48:48 PM

Still, now I see 'Matthew McKenzie' on my Facebook page has made himself look silly, as the only change to the 71A has been to introduce a 'summer timetable'.  ::)

He stated that the 71A would be withdrawn, and the 71 rerouted to cover, and that AG would receive two extra buses to do so. He also claimed (as part of the 'network planning team') that the changes would 'blow everyone away'. I'm yet to be so.  :P
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

ilovetea4370

Im amazed the old 68 hasnt been brought back, the demand seems huge...   at least on here anyway!

monkeyjoe

I wonder on the 66 if they have stated it will be every 20 mins between Bham - Kingstanding. Does that now mean they will make it every 10 mins between Bham - Erdington. That is not quite clear i can't imagine cutting the whole route down to every 20 mins.

Tony

Quote from: Stu on May 13, 2013, 08:51:25 PM

He stated that the 71A would be withdrawn, and the 71 rerouted to cover, and that AG would receive two extra buses to do so. He also claimed (as part of the 'network planning team') that the changes would 'blow everyone away'. I'm yet to be so.  :P

He is a liar and and fantasist best ignored

Bob

Hi tony do you know how much quicker the X51 is going to be btwn cannock & walsall?  As I use it regular for my companys head office for training etc so would be a bonus

Kevin

I would summarise it thus:
- even more routes in north Birmingham now go to Walsall
- still no reasonable connection to star city
- still no reasonable replacement for the 123 (not counting the 40x) between handsworth and Aston
- still no reasonable service through Perry beeches of an evening and Sunday, and if the rumours are to be believed the daytime route is getting worse
- still no connection from the Perry Common / Kingstanding area to good hope

Still... At least people in Pheasey have a decent bus network, so we should all be happy.....
(sarcasm intended)
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Tony

Quote from: bob on May 13, 2013, 09:30:48 PM
Hi tony do you know how much quicker the X51 is going to be btwn cannock & walsall?  As I use it regular for my companys head office for training etc so would be a bonus

No sorry, I haven't seen any more details than have already been mentioned on here

winston

Quote from: Tony on May 13, 2013, 09:12:29 PM
Quote from: Stu on May 13, 2013, 08:51:25 PM

He is a liar and and fantasist best ignored

But Tony, did you not realize all the hard work he put in on NXWM's behalf towards the bus review  ;D ;D ;D

Matthew Reppin Mckenzie Ahah so diamond dropped route56...and nxwm get my idea of 936. So obviousely diamond know they loose out, when they know I was involved lol.

Matthew Reppin Mckenzie Really? there is no mention of service 56 in the network review also on the plans service 65 was to extend to sutton via court lane, chester road and jockey road and this not on there?

Matthew Reppin Mckenzie Ahah jeeehz this is ONE big mess AHAH. I'll get some clarity in morning, as if they changed service at last minute, then what was the point of me working on the work i did if its now not being put into operation!

s-m-991

Would the extended 934 be continued to be run by PB. Would nice to see toothpaste Enviros in Walsall :-)

Kevin

Where's the suggestion that the 654 is being extended come from? It states on the list there are no changes
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk