News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

North Birmingham and Sutton Coldfield Review

Started by vinh1000, October 31, 2012, 05:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adam 21

i think they should extand the 67 to asda minworth .
maybe they could extend a few jounrys on the 65 to erdington via the 66 or 66a route and or the 7 to erdington /sutton 
maybe run a service along the 907 route to new oscott then to kingstanding or erdington this could bring the frequarys  up on the collges road
.mybe a all day service on the 935a to brownhills
  also maybe the 651 and 654 could be made in to one route to run from perry barr to pheasy with an  the service running from the pheasy to kingstandin or aldridges 
maybe the 46 should run every 20 mins between city and parry barr only  and run a new services like 46a or 91 from perry barr via witton and aston six wasy then in to city via 7 throw summer lane or 46 via lozzells .
i have put all this on the svary i do have other thoughts  but what do people think about this one

vinh1000

Quote from: adam 21 on November 03, 2012, 11:12:45 PM
maybe they could extend a few jounrys on the 65 to erdington via the 66 or 66a route and or the 7 to erdington /sutton 
maybe run a service along the 907 route to new oscott then to kingstanding or erdington this could bring the frequarys  up on the collges road
  also maybe the 651 and 654 could be made in to one route to run from perry barr to pheasy with an  the service running from the pheasy to kingstandin or aldridges 
maybe the 46 should run every 20 mins between city and parry barr only  and run a new services like 46a or 91 from perry barr via witton and aston six wasy then in to city via 7 throw summer lane or 46 via lozzells .
i have put all this on the svary i do have other thoughts  but what do people think about this one
:)
reducing the 46 frequency would be a nightmare lol
People will be waiting an hour in city for itl ol
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Discodave

Quote from: adam 21 on November 03, 2012, 11:12:45 PM

would love to see the artics go around asda think they may have a little trouble

monkeyjoe

Any Perry Barr garage insider gossip about potential changes yet?? :-X

Sh4318

Extend the 907 to Falcon Lodge? There's currently no direct bus between Falcon Lodge and Perry Barr
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

gc802002

Any word as to the likely date the review will be implemented?

Just hope the outer circle gets left alone!

Stu

The North Birmingham & Sutton Coldfield review changes are due to come into force in April 2013.

Highly unlikely there will be any changes to the Outer Circle, maybe some timetable tweaks to link with other services at Erdington and Perry Barr (for example).
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Kevin

What routes do people think most at risk? Obviously the minibus routes are always likely candidates (654, 651, 424, 600, 25, 167/8, 604) but I'd be willing to bet the 28, 66/66A and 88 would see some major changes, and no doubt the 966 will be tinkered with again to cover areas lost from other routes (making it even more long winded)
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Bob

A decent bus service, limited stop from brum to cannock through Walsall? Is that too much to ask? Especially given the unreliability of the trains

Nathan4775

I Can see the 934/935/997 having some sort of change

My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

bwsau cymru

Quote from: bob on February 02, 2013, 04:23:14 PM
A decent bus service, limited stop from brum to cannock through Walsall? Is that too much to ask? Especially given the unreliability of the trains

Maybe arriva will introduce a service to compete with nx. Makes more sense than the x31, but would need to he at least every 30 minutes. On the other hand it would be nice to see nx step up to the mark and compete on arriva turf!
campaigning for better transport for all

Westy

Why did TWM pull out full time originally on the Brum to Brownhills route?

Diamond must be getting fair loads on it, but their vehicle has to come from Smethwick (?), while NX actually has Perry Barr garage on the route!

Sh4318

Why does it have to go through Walsall? Wouldn't it be quicker if it didn't
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Tony

Quote from: Westy on February 10, 2013, 09:59:30 PM
Why did TWM pull out full time originally on the Brum to Brownhills route?

Didn't make money

Quote from: Westy on February 10, 2013, 09:59:30 PM

Diamond must be getting fair loads on it, but their vehicle has to come from Smethwick (?), while NX actually has Perry Barr garage on the route!

Are they? On a couple of peak journeys maybe but not all day

Westy

Quote from: Shaun on February 10, 2013, 10:01:07 PM

Why does it have to go through Walsall? Wouldn't it be quicker if it didn't

*cough* M6 southbound *cough*

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk