News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

North Birmingham and Sutton Coldfield Review

Started by vinh1000, October 31, 2012, 05:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woody38

Looks like the route for the 936 is going to be a lot quicker than what is provided now between Brownhills, Aldridge & Birmingham by Diamond & NXWM The only thing I don't understand is why Diamond have not changed there 56 route, once people start using the 936 the 56 will lose most of its customers, because the route & timetable offer no limted stop and take to long.

notepanel

Another thing I have noticed with this review, and that I seem to remember reading not long back off NXWM, is the increased use of School Holiday timetables. So far it is known the 997 has journeys 5 minutes quicker during holiday periods & the 66A will operate a Saturday timetable on weekdays during these times.

I remember reading before, they were also looking at the possibility of Friday only timetables.

Kevin

Just a thought, but anyone remember what the 951 used to be like? First stop Scott arms, then extra stops added at tower hill, cliveden road and Newtown. Pardon me for being pessimistic but... Extra stop now added onto the X51? Genuinely hope it doesn't all go tits up, and doubt it will because the loadings have always been good on it, no matter what day or time of day, but ...
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Sh4318

The 51 used to be every 10 minutes on Sundays, and the 33 every 15, then they reduced the 51 frequency and upped the 33 frequency to every 12 minutes, to create a co-ordinated frequency, I can understand the 33 frequency being lowered, as it isn't as busy a route as the 51, but the 51 is a heavily used service, even on Sundays, I guess they're trying to keep the 33 & 51 co-ordinated
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Kevin

Quote from: Shaun on May 19, 2013, 09:57:31 PM
The 51 used to be every 10 minutes on Sundays, and the 33 every 15, then they reduced the 51 frequency and upped the 33 frequency to every 12 minutes, to create a co-ordinated frequency, I can understand the 33 frequency being lowered, as it isn't as busy a route as the 51, but the 51 is a heavily used service, even on Sundays, I guess they're trying to keep the 33 & 51 co-ordinated

I don't understand why they do that, to me it's kind of like when they coordinated the 62 and 63 to longbridge, the 63 was far more well used than the 62, as is the case with the 33 and 51. If anything I would have thought they'd up the 33 frequency to match a 10 minute 51 frequency, after all Pheasey is the centre of the universe and could do with a few more buses.....

Tony

Quote from: Kevin on May 18, 2013, 10:34:01 AM
Just a thought, but anyone remember what the 951 used to be like? First stop Scott arms, then extra stops added at tower hill, cliveden road and Newtown. Pardon me for being pessimistic but... Extra stop now added onto the X51? Genuinely hope it doesn't all go tits up, and doubt it will because the loadings have always been good on it, no matter what day or time of day, but ...

The 951 had far more stops than the X51 has now. It was never first stop Scott Arms in fact it always stopped at Perry Barr, intially the stop closest to the flyover, but later moved one stop towards the Scott Arms. The 951 and X51 have always stopped at Tower Hill, it has never been added, in fact that is and has always been one of the busiest stops on the route.

Bob

A couple of extra X51s to and from cannock wouldve been great but hey ho... on the plus side at least nx arent withdrawing from cannock completely which is what I thought would happen. ...

Tony

Quote from: Shaun on May 19, 2013, 09:57:31 PM

The number of buses between Walsall & Birmingham hasn't been reduced though because the X51 was added on Sundays

woody38

Most of the timetables for the North Birmingham review are on the NXWM website, the one thing that stands out for me is the 936 seems to take 8 mins longer going into the City than it does coming from the City

Westy

Quote from: woody38 on May 20, 2013, 07:22:34 PM
Most of the timetables for the North Birmingham review are on the NXWM website, the one thing that stands out for me is the 936 seems to take 8 mins longer going into the City than it does coming from the City

They are a bit slow putting them on the NWM version though, plus on the NX version, the X51 is incomplete!

Sh4318

According to the timetable, there are no 934 afternoon peak services towards Walsall ???
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Kevin

Quote from: Tony on May 20, 2013, 09:50:48 AM
Quote from: Kevin on May 18, 2013, 10:34:01 AM

The 951 had far more stops than the X51 has now. It was never first stop Scott Arms in fact it always stopped at Perry Barr, intially the stop closest to the flyover, but later moved one stop towards the Scott Arms. The 951 and X51 have always stopped at Tower Hill, it has never been added, in fact that is and has always been one of the busiest stops on the route.

I'm aware you work for them and know everything but...
Damn sure the 951 used to be first stop Scott Arms, because I remember the Tower Hill stop being added and being excited about it at the time. No offense but im not sure I made up the memory of being excited like that

Kevin

Oh wow, just seen the new timetables they have up so far.....
.... speechless.... Nechells suddenly has less buses during the day and even less in the peak hour!!!
How... just how.... so many people use it in the morning peak out of town and evening peak from town... staggering
I feel a fair portion of my bank holiday weekend will be spent formulating my complaint, I  genuinely am stuggling to find anything in the review of benefit to anyone except those in Pheasey

Stuharris 6360

Just back after a weeks holiday, and all i can say,

IS THAT IT?

In earlier bus reviews there have been lenty of new routes and altered timetables, this one has left me thinking, was it worth the review?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Westy

Quote from: Westy on May 20, 2013, 07:51:13 PM
Quote from: woody38 on May 20, 2013, 07:22:34 PM

They are a bit slow putting them on the NWM version though, plus on the NX version, the X51 is incomplete!

Fixed now!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk