News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Birmingham City Centre changes

Started by Justin Tyme, June 03, 2012, 04:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lukeee

Quote from: richie on June 06, 2012, 09:55:36 PM
Quote from: Michael on June 06, 2012, 09:52:08 PM
Quote from: Tony on June 06, 2012, 09:36:42 PM
Quote from: Peter123 on June 06, 2012, 09:20:41 PM
Is Lea Hall reopening and AG closing as I understand this rumour is going around?

Who makes up this crap!

I heard that there are 76 Optare Solos on order for the 11A/11C. Is it true?

Yes, that's sarcasm

Yea it's the articulated version!!!

Apparently there more reliable

windy miller

employing a team of cleaners while the bus(s) are working would be a great Idea, this is becoming common practise on trains now esp scotrail/virgin.   
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

windy miller

the 'five minute' rule may work well enough for bus operators--shame we dont have a 5 minute rule for parents holding everyone up-incl BUSES when collecting the kids from school >:( because they all turn up at the same time and park in the most ridiculous places. On the grounds that they'l 'only be a few minutes' ect then stop for a natter with one of their neighbours /kids whose car THEY could have been sharing in the first place :)
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

monkeyjoe

I think that's what closing depots does. At LH, it had a fleet of around 130 vehicles, and the 94/97 were it's main routes, where most of the revenue came from. Now that the 94 is at PB, I feel as if they've had routes that generate even more revenue and that affects how much is invested into the route. A key example is the 33 and the Sutton Lines, so the 94 isn't a high revenue route in PB's eyes.

That's all just my thoughts.

To a point I agree with your comments, however I think because the 33 recieved additional investment all those years ago passenger numbers increased. I remember when the 94 was an extremely busy service and I image due to lack of investment passenger numbers have declined.

I guess my point is, i reckon if the 94 received a least "some" sort of investment it would probably bring in as much, if not more than other Perry Barr routes.

dayvid

Quote from: monkeyjoe on June 12, 2012, 09:47:25 PM
I think that's what closing depots does. At LH, it had a fleet of around 130 vehicles, and the 94/97 were it's main routes, where most of the revenue came from. Now that the 94 is at PB, I feel as if they've had routes that generate even more revenue and that affects how much is invested into the route. A key example is the 33 and the Sutton Lines, so the 94 isn't a high revenue route in PB's eyes.

That's all just my thoughts.

To a point I agree with your comments, however I think because the 33 recieved additional investment all those years ago passenger numbers increased. I remember when the 94 was an extremely busy service and I image due to lack of investment passenger numbers have declined.

I guess my point is, i reckon if the 94 received a least "some" sort of investment it would probably bring in as much, if not more than other Perry Barr routes.

A quick way to get more money in off the 94 service....... "revenue inspectors"

From an Ex Lea Hall driver

Ashley

In a nutshell...

Claribels - a small fleet of modern single deckers, lower fares which would attract customers away from NXWM equivalent services, their drivers do like to hang around at times

Travel Express - im sorry but their a bunch of loonatics with buses that are fit for the scrapman and belt out horrendous smells.

Johnsons - haven't yet used their services

Green Bus - get it spot on, with a plastic bag tied to a handrail for rubbish, cleaning materials kept in the luggage rack of every bus, very little amoutns of graffiti despite them operating lots of school services

NXWM - they have their strengths and weaknesses, some areas do a better job than others, however they are the dominant operator on routes like "the scum lines" as Birmingham routes have been described and this makes the vehicles more prone to damage, however NX clearly have a few pennies so they could spend more money on onboard supervision like Arriva Trains Wales do

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk