News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Travel Express / Lets Go

Started by Badger, June 07, 2012, 04:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karl724223

He's got a new transport manager a
Tenmil sokhet

CKD

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on July 15, 2024, 05:19:20 PMLicense revoked is usually terminal.  :undecided:

So forever ? 

Rachvince53

BlackCountryBusSpotter

So at the minute they are still running. I do find it hard to see how they will win the appeal. A new TC is good but is it to late to see if he has made any changes 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

They are having a go on the 59 now

Westy

On Griffiths drive about 1.30 today

Mayfield

Looks like a bit of a wash wouldn't go amiss 

Wumpty

I'm aghast that, given the ruling, subsequent appeal (and I can't find a final ruling anywhere), that they are now running on a new route with the same awful buses that got them into trouble in the first place.

Does anyone have details on the appeal outcome to date?
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Wumpty

Quote from: Mayfield on September 16, 2024, 06:24:14 PMLooks like a bit of a wash wouldn't go amiss
It's only the dirt holding the entire bus together!
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Mayfield

If you look at the timetable on Bustimes it's nonsense 

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Has anyone even competed on the 59 before. NX have always seemed to have a monopoly on that route and for good reason it's frequent and every time I've seen it of a Morning it used to be Tridents, it's now E400H's absolutely rammed 2 or 3 Bus loads and so to are the Evening loads. Doubt Travel Express will pick up as many, there are multiple services that way. The 9 of a morning is usually fairly busy and WA used to put Double Deckers on it of an evening to. Looking at the timetable I can't even determine what Frequency is it ranges from 15 Minutes to about 20 odd to Half Hour to 50 minutes to an hour and 45 minutes. They aren't going to be successful on the 59 I know that much.
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Jack

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on September 17, 2024, 12:28:00 PMHas anyone even competed on the 59 before. NX have always seemed to have a monopoly on that route and for good reason it's frequent and every time I've seen it of a Morning it used to be Tridents, it's now E400H's absolutely rammed 2 or 3 Bus loads and so to are the Evening loads. Doubt Travel Express will pick up as many, there are multiple services that way. The 9 of a morning is usually fairly busy and WA used to put Double Deckers on it of an evening to. Looking at the timetable I can't even determine what Frequency is it ranges from 15 Minutes to about 20 odd to Half Hour to 50 minutes to an hour and 45 minutes. They aren't going to be successful on the 59 I know that much.
Diamond did and it failed...

Stu

Quote from: Jack on September 17, 2024, 01:20:02 PMDiamond did and it failed...
In theory, with the adoption of nBus as the 'standard' ticket product, any operator should have a better chance of 'competing' against NX now.

However hopefully Lets Go have learned valuable lessons from their previous brush with the TC, and will make sure that drivers stick to the published timetable, rather than racing to get ahead of an NX bus.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

mranon

lets go, or travel express tried it many years ago using their old step entrance darts. Diamond went on there for a bit, and did a 59h which did the new cross loop, but lost quite a bit of time doing that as i remember.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk