News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Centrebus

Started by Bruce_LOA400X, September 30, 2012, 11:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joieman

Quote from: Magikrabby on July 30, 2024, 02:45:51 PMYes a lot of Leicester's fleet is Euro 6, but that doesn't hide their age.
I would imagine all of Centrebus's Leicester fleet is Euro 6 as, if I remember correctly, it is a requirement of the Leicester Buses Enhanced Partnership.

Magikrabby

Quote from: joieman on July 30, 2024, 03:41:34 PMI would imagine all of Centrebus's Leicester fleet is Euro 6 as, if I remember correctly, it is a requirement of the Leicester Buses Enhanced Partnership.
That is correct, though it only applies to services that operate in the Flexi zone and the depot operates some services outside that zone, like Melton Mowbray for instance. It also doesn't apply to private contracts like the Uni Shuttle, so some vehicles that were used on those services were likely not euro 6 - 931, 902, 728 and 729 for instance.

solonightrider

Quote from: Wba_lad on July 30, 2024, 09:33:13 AMCentrebus can quite happily have 630 and 631 back if they want, 630 was off the road for months had a new engine and it went really slow again. 632 is the better one out of the 3. Could swap with some other Euro 6 vehicles for the Walsall stuff.
i travelled on 630 last saturday late afternoon on the 828 route, and tbh it seemed quite a nice smooth ride - far better than the aray of the usuall old end of life unrelibale dirty scrap heaps used on that service!! See the rear end on 625 its plastered in oil and sounds like its running on 4 cylinders :cry:. First time i been on 630 and was surprised to see it had seatbelts fitted too. deffo and upgrade for the 828 if only the one half a trip !! lol 

Wba_lad

Quote from: solonightrider on July 30, 2024, 09:42:49 PMi travelled on 630 last saturday late afternoon on the 828 route, and tbh it seemed quite a nice smooth ride - far better than the aray of the usuall old end of life unrelibale dirty scrap heaps used on that service!! See the rear end on 625 its plastered in oil and sounds like its running on 4 cylinders :cry:. First time i been on 630 and was surprised to see it had seatbelts fitted too. deffo and upgrade for the 828 if only the one half a trip !! lol
Don't get me wrong I think 630 is better than what it used to be, but for a bus which has just had a new engine and a new gearbox it's not as good as it should be. 

Wba_lad

620 is now at Cannock, anyone know if it's a loan or transfer please, hopefully a transfer.

Magikrabby

Quote from: Wba_lad on July 31, 2024, 09:40:25 AM620 is now at Cannock, anyone know if it's a loan or transfer please, hopefully a transfer.
I'm not sure but I would imagine a loan. Several of Leicester's vehicles often go on loans for holiday periods - the depots PVR is significantly lower, mainly because of the uni shuttle's reduced/no service, and also no school services

solonightrider

Quote from: Wba_lad on July 31, 2024, 09:40:25 AM620 is now at Cannock, anyone know if it's a loan or transfer please, hopefully a transfer.
Send them some solos back in return lol 

Wba_lad

Quote from: solonightrider on July 31, 2024, 10:16:01 PMSend them some solos back in return lol
Happily, they can have 182 in return for 620 😂

Mayfield

I was surprised to see 580 on Uni shuttle this morning albeit only 1 person on it, thought they had finished for summer.

SSmith09

Quote from: Mayfield on August 01, 2024, 02:54:26 PMI was surprised to see 580 on Uni shuttle this morning albeit only 1 person on it, thought they had finished for summer.
Understand it runs a reduced service every 30 mins during holidays.

Mayfield

Quote from: Mayfield on July 30, 2024, 12:50:06 PMJust passed the depot 578 & 902 still in the naughty alley.
Hop in the workshop presume it's 842 and again a presumption it been awaiting parts, also
In the workshop was a B7RLE presume it's 621 as it's been out of action since May and the MOT is due in a few days.
See 842 was back out yesterday 

Magikrabby

Quote from: Mayfield on August 01, 2024, 02:54:26 PMI was surprised to see 580 on Uni shuttle this morning albeit only 1 person on it, thought they had finished for summer.
It was originally supposed to finish last Friday but got extended for the summer exam resits this week. I think it will probably finish tomorrow, but will have to double check that. Surprising that an enviro was used today! Currently the usual vehicles are like the 2 polar opposites - a solo or a scania double decker!

Mayfield

Solo this afternoon 

47609FireFly

The jungle drums suggest that it's game over for Versa 769.

joieman

Quote from: 47609FireFly on August 14, 2024, 01:12:14 AMThe jungle drums suggest that it's game over for Versa 769.
What happened to it?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk