News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Centrebus

Started by Bruce_LOA400X, September 30, 2012, 11:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magikrabby

Quote from: 47609FireFly on June 15, 2024, 01:19:15 AMFinger on the pulse or yet more guesswork? As it happened, as I walked around Wenlock Way on 14/06/2024, 931 was on the back of a flatbed lorry, ready to be carted off for scrap - its upper deck pillars cut so that the roof section would sit lower on the lorry. Yes, that's SCRAP not being taken away somewhere to be prepared for the uni, like was continually touted on here. The remains of 772 had also gone.
Most of the information I have provided are from trusted and credible employees of Centrebus from a Facebook group, most of which have higher up positions than just drivers, so are very much in-the-know about fleet news. They don't make guesses, and if they don't know they usually ask others that might know. I try to phrase the facts and my own guesses/opinions differently, but I will make it much more clear in future!

Saying 931 would be stripped for parts was a guess, as the centrebus group aren't usually very prompt at sending vehicles for scrap - last I heard 930 is still just parked up at Cannock and that was withdrawn end of 2022! 728 and 324 were both sent off to Grantham to be stripped for parts first before scrapping, confirmed by multiple employees at both Leicester and Grantham. This was the only guess though, and is evident in my choice of language - "it won't have been", instead of a concrete "it hasn't".

How do you know 931 isn't being sent off to be prepared for the all new uni open top route, driving laps round the campus..? xD
In all seriousness, the original intention was to repair 931 while uni was on Easter break, as stated by an employee way back in March just after it was taken off road, but plans obviously changed. That same employee has since confirmed it's withdrawal and stated the reason was that it needed a fair bit of work, and was no longer viable. This was backed by an employee who is very high up at Leicester. Presumably (and to be clear this is a guess) they found more wrong with it that they first thought, and decided it just wasn't worth the money.

The news about 555 is from an employee of Grantham, who has answered many questions about the whereabouts of 555 saying it will be returning, the last being 2 weeks ago. They said that with an engine already being available, the cost of repair is significantly reduced. This is the same employee who said it is their pet vehicle, and they take good care of it.

726 was mentioned yesterday by a Leicester employee saying it is awaiting repairs. Just because something is waiting for a repair doesn't mean it will be repaired, but equally it also doesn't mean it has been withdrawn yet. Take for example 324 which was waiting for a new engine since June 2023 for almost a year, but never got one due to cost and was instead withdrawn a few months and now being stripped, confirmed by multiple employees.

Fleet news is always subject to change based on a variety of factors. Just because the opposite happens in the future does't necessarily mean that people in the past were wrong at the time.

Hopefully this post clears up some of the facts from opinions!

RobertJ21a

Quote from: Magikrabby on June 15, 2024, 02:58:48 AMMost of the information I have provided are from trusted and credible employees of Centrebus from a Facebook group, most of which have higher up positions than just drivers, so are very much in-the-know about fleet news. They don't make guesses, and if they don't know they usually ask others that might know. I try to phrase the facts and my own guesses/opinions differently, but I will make it much more clear in future!

Saying 931 would be stripped for parts was a guess, as the centrebus group aren't usually very prompt at sending vehicles for scrap - last I heard 930 is still just parked up at Cannock and that was withdrawn end of 2022! 728 and 324 were both sent off to Grantham to be stripped for parts first before scrapping, confirmed by multiple employees at both Leicester and Grantham. This was the only guess though, and is evident in my choice of language - "it won't have been", instead of a concrete "it hasn't".

How do you know 931 isn't being sent off to be prepared for the all new uni open top route, driving laps round the campus..? xD
In all seriousness, the original intention was to repair 931 while uni was on Easter break, as stated by an employee way back in March just after it was taken off road, but plans obviously changed. That same employee has since confirmed it's withdrawal and stated the reason was that it needed a fair bit of work, and was no longer viable. This was backed by an employee who is very high up at Leicester. Presumably (and to be clear this is a guess) they found more wrong with it that they first thought, and decided it just wasn't worth the money.

The news about 555 is from an employee of Grantham, who has answered many questions about the whereabouts of 555 saying it will be returning, the last being 2 weeks ago. They said that with an engine already being available, the cost of repair is significantly reduced. This is the same employee who said it is their pet vehicle, and they take good care of it.

726 was mentioned yesterday by a Leicester employee saying it is awaiting repairs. Just because something is waiting for a repair doesn't mean it will be repaired, but equally it also doesn't mean it has been withdrawn yet. Take for example 324 which was waiting for a new engine since June 2023 for almost a year, but never got one due to cost and was instead withdrawn a few months and now being stripped, confirmed by multiple employees.

Fleet news is always subject to change based on a variety of factors. Just because the opposite happens in the future does't necessarily mean that people in the past were wrong at the time.

Hopefully this post clears up some of the facts from opinions!
I think you will find that '47609Firefly' is in a strong position to know the facts.....

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: 47609FireFly on June 15, 2024, 01:19:15 AMYes, that's SCRAP not being taken away somewhere to be prepared for the uni, like was continually touted on here. The remains of 772 had also gone.
The initial plan was to MOT and restore it for Uni work. (Yes, like mentioned on here and by an employee at the company!) Unfortunately like mentioned by an employee high up that a number of additional issues meant it wasn't viable to MOT and as such is scrapped.

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: RobertJ21a on June 15, 2024, 06:41:49 AMI think you will find that '47609Firefly' is in a strong position to know the facts.....
Is he / she an employee or just an enthusiast / spotter?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk