News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Centrebus

Started by Bruce_LOA400X, September 30, 2012, 11:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayfield

840 was out of service from 5th June to 04th July, it's 842 we're talking about now

Magikrabby

Quote from: Mayfield on July 13, 2024, 04:13:12 PM03rd July so only 10 days
It was actually mid June - from then up until 3 June 840 and 841 were both tracking as 842, with the real vehicle nowhere to be seen

Mayfield

It would appear 620/623 have been transferred to Luton according to bus times.

RobertJ21a

Quote from: Mayfield on July 14, 2024, 12:05:33 PMIt would appear 620/623 have been transferred to Luton according to bus times.
Loans for University work ?

Mayfield

If it's a loan for none service work would it be loaded on bus times ?

Magikrabby

Quote from: Mayfield on July 14, 2024, 12:05:33 PMIt would appear 620/623 have been transferred to Luton according to bus times.
They've gone down there for University of Bedfordshire graduation shuttles, like Scanias 726-729 did last year around this time. They will probably be back in a couple of weeks.

Mayfield

Quote from: RobertJ21a on July 14, 2024, 01:55:48 PMLoans for University work ?
Quote from: RobertJ21a on July 14, 2024, 01:55:48 PMLoans for University work ?
620/623 are now back on Centrebus North Bustimes, who would be responsible for updating Bustimes as I can't see the point of them being loaded on to Centrebus South list just for non service work and removed and put back on North 10 days later

Magikrabby

Quote from: Mayfield on July 26, 2024, 08:33:41 AM620/623 are now back on Centrebus North Bustimes
620 is still at Luton, temporarily being used on staff shuttles, so whoever marked it as moved back to Leicester wasn't even correct!! I am unsure on the whereabouts of 623. I heard it broke whilst down there, but think it has since been repaired.

Quote from: Mayfield on July 26, 2024, 08:33:41 AMwho would be responsible for updating Bustimes
Vehicle data is created and maintained by a community of around 10000 users with registered accounts. Anyone can create an account, so as you can imagine it can cause all sorts of inaccurate, premature or unnecessary edits. As for who moved 620 and 623, I have no idea who these people are, but user 5909 moved them down to Luton. They were moved back by user 1010 who now also has a pending edit to move them back to south.

Quote from: Mayfield on July 26, 2024, 08:33:41 AMI can't see the point of them being loaded on to Centrebus South list just for non service work and removed and put back on North 10 days later
I agree, it is unnecessary! However, this is what the bustimes community has decided to do with several operators, so it is easiest to just let it happen.

Mayfield

If I remember correctly 729 broke down last year doing the same thing and that didn't end well for it.

Mayfield

Quote from: Magikrabby on July 29, 2024, 09:52:45 PM620 is still at Luton, temporarily being used on staff shuttles, so whoever marked it as moved back to Leicester wasn't even correct!! I am unsure on the whereabouts of 623. I heard it broke whilst down there, but think it has since been repaired.
Vehicle data is created and maintained by a community of around 10000 users with registered accounts. Anyone can create an account, so as you can imagine it can cause all sorts of inaccurate, premature or unnecessary edits. As for who moved 620 and 623, I have no idea who these people are, but user 5909 moved them down to Luton. They were moved back by user 1010 who now also has a pending edit to move them back to south.
I agree, it is unnecessary! However, this is what the bustimes community has decided to do with several operators, so it is easiest to just let it happen.
Seems pretty unusual that so many people can edit, they can load any old crap they like

Magikrabby

Quote from: Mayfield on July 29, 2024, 10:35:05 PMIf I remember correctly 729 broke down last year doing the same thing and that didn't end well for it.
yes that one didn't even make it to luton! 

Quote from: Mayfield on July 29, 2024, 10:36:29 PMSeems pretty unusual that so many people can edit, they can load any old crap they like
edits from most users need to be approved, which helps filters out the general spam and in theory should work. the problem is that there are a number of rogue users that don't require approval since they have been trusted (for some reason). some moderators also just blindly approve incorrect edits which doesn't help either
this system used to work well, but I think that the userbase has just outgrown it

Wba_lad

Centrebus can quite happily have 630 and 631 back if they want, 630 was off the road for months had a new engine and it went really slow again. 632 is the better one out of the 3. Could swap with some other Euro 6 vehicles for the Walsall stuff. 

Mayfield

Just passed the depot 578 & 902 still in the naughty alley.
Hop in the workshop presume it's 842 and again a presumption it been awaiting parts, also
In the workshop was a B7RLE presume it's 621 as it's been out of action since May and the MOT is due in a few days.

Magikrabby

Quote from: Wba_lad on July 30, 2024, 09:33:13 AMCentrebus can quite happily have 630 and 631 back if they want, 630 was off the road for months had a new engine and it went really slow again. 632 is the better one out of the 3. Could swap with some other Euro 6 vehicles for the Walsall stuff.
Swap with what exactly? Some 17 year old versas? Other than the yutongs (which are owned by the council and not Centrebus) and the 2 evoras, Centrebus' fleet isn't exactly modern. Yes a lot of Leicester's fleet is Euro 6, but that doesn't hide their age. 

Wba_lad

Quote from: Magikrabby on July 30, 2024, 02:45:51 PMSwap with what exactly? Some 17 year old versas? Other than the yutongs (which are owned by the council and not Centrebus) and the 2 evoras, Centrebus' fleet isn't exactly modern. Yes a lot of Leicester's fleet is Euro 6, but that doesn't hide their age.
The ex diamond bus Volvos would be nice at Chaserider, or anything which is euro 6 and has more power than 630 and 631 😂

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk