News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Perry Barr Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Stu on April 04, 2024, 07:30:26 PMIt would be up to Amazon to promote these services to their workforce, after all that is who these services are aimed at, not so much the 'general public' who are able to make use of them.

Imagine a situation where the buses are so busy with 'other passengers' that Amazon workers are unable to get on them! Amazon would be rightly pissed!

I think it was said it was being funded by Amazon through section 106 funding.

I doubt that is what is actually happening currently, but surely that busy bus would be great for the service, securing its long term future as well. Makes more sense for people to be using the service and the community benefiting, than it driving round empty burning fuel all day. And if that was ever to be the case a better frequency throughout the day and/or higher capacity vehicles could surely be looked into to match the demand.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Trident 4194

Saw 4801 today. God it looks a mess

monkeyjoe

I've been reading Castle vale residents have concerns around the new 67 terminus , blocking visibility near the school.  Think alternatives arrangements might be on the cards. 

cris 99

7021 has now lost its advert for Rockstar Energy seen in Chelmsley Wood looking a bit scruffy
17//72/73/97/X12

Jack

1875 and 6813 are stuck on Hassop Road due to inconsiderately parked bin lorry.

Steve3229vp

Just seen a Volvo single decker (2063 I think) on College Road near The Crossways on driver training and the driver looked like a PB driver.
Could this mean Volvos coming to PB to replace some of the Scania Omnilinks ?
Well I can hope and dream can't I !

Tony

Quote from: Steve3229vp on May 31, 2024, 02:47:52 PMJust seen a Volvo single decker (2063 I think) on College Road near The Crossways on driver training and the driver looked like a PB driver.
No, just a normal driver trainer that's based at PB used for new drivers and CPC, so PB driver was probably doing his CPC

Jack

Quote from: Steve3229vp on May 31, 2024, 02:47:52 PMJust seen a Volvo single decker (2063 I think) on College Road near The Crossways on driver training and the driver looked like a PB driver.
Why? The Omnilinks are doing a good enough job for now.

Tony

Quote from: Jack on May 31, 2024, 04:08:28 PMWhy? The Omnilinks are doing a good enough job for now.
Compared to a B7RLE Which are more reliable and rot less, and have better leg room 

Jack

Quote from: Tony on May 31, 2024, 04:17:52 PMCompared to a B7RLE Which are more reliable and rot less, and have better leg room
And if a B7 does what an Omnilink does and appears on a Decker route he would still moan so it doesn't make much difference in that sense.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Tony on May 31, 2024, 04:17:52 PMCompared to a B7RLE Which are more reliable and rot less, and have better leg room

That's why I prefer them and in time with more Electrics coming into service the single deckers at PB will be less than now 

BBS

QuoteWhy? The Omnilinks are doing a good enough job for now.
Can't get enough of omnilink hatred can we 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Ingleboro261F

I love omnilinks 

BlackCountryBusSpotter

I myself can't fault the Omnilinks they run on my local routes. B7's do feel better when my local routes get them. But for the most part I just want a bus home when I'm coming home from a long day. As a Spotter yeah I would prefer the B7 better legroom, more spacious even when full, feels brighter and less cramped. But I can't fault Omnilink's
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

a4 funcool 2022

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk