News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

If you had the chance to modify or add any service, what would you do?

Started by Alex, November 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Liam Pettit on October 21, 2023, 04:54:12 PMI would have the X12 from Birmingham to chelmsley wood, and the 72 route, joined up. 

The X12 chelmsley wood to Solihull I would have the 71 or X13 replace.

72 is a brilliant route.
First, how could you pair up the X12 and 72 when the X12 is every 30 minutes and the 72 is every 10 minutes.
Secondly, the 71 was cut to run Sutton and Chelmsley only for a very good reason which of course is reliabilty.

Liam Pettit

Quote from: Steve3229vp on October 21, 2023, 05:09:18 PMFirst, how could you pair up the X12 and 72 when the X12 is every 30 minutes and the 72 is every 10 minutes.
Secondly, the 71 was cut to run Sutton and Chelmsley only for a very good reason which of course is reliabilty.
Shorts. 72a, twice in half hour. 72, once in half hour.

71 was an idea. I'd have something else cover that part of the X12 maybe 97 or X13...

Yasir6711

Quote from: Liam Pettit on October 21, 2023, 05:16:53 PMShorts. 72a, twice in half hour. 72, once in half hour.

71 was an idea. I'd have something else cover that part of the X12 maybe 97 or X13...
A 97A to nec again every 30 minutes is good

Liam Pettit

Quote from: Yasir6711 on October 21, 2023, 05:33:42 PMA 97A to nec again every 30 minutes is good
I mean yeah it was replaced by the X12. I don't think shorts, or half hour extensions are bad at all. The 72 only goes so far anyway, an added half hour extension can only be beneficial. it's not exactly like people choose to get a bus to the airport fgs. Yes the nec is a needed service but it's that close to Cwood something else could replace.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Liam Pettit on October 21, 2023, 05:16:53 PMShorts. 72a, twice in half hour. 72, once in half hour.

All this will do is make reliability worse. 

Liam Pettit

Stu

Quote from: Liam Pettit on October 21, 2023, 07:34:24 PMHow though
The same way as what happened when the 72 previously ran through to Birmingham city centre.

It is a "brilliant route" now (in your words) because it does what it needs to do reliably, ie provides a link from Chelmsley Wood to Solihull via Marston Green, Garretts Green and Sheldon.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Liam Pettit

Quote from: Stu on October 21, 2023, 08:37:29 PMThe same way as what happened when the 72 previously ran through to Birmingham city centre.

It is a "brilliant route" now (in your words) because it does what it needs to do reliably, ie provides a link from Chelmsley Wood to Solihull via Marston Green, Garretts Green and Sheldon.

Yeah but the X12 does the expressway, Cwood, Solihull, fine. my proposal is a reroute of the X12 . It wouldn't do the previous 72 through washwood heath.

72 as of now is a good money maker too. 

jasmine

I would have the 16 be split into two routes akin to 4/4H/4M, 23/24, 45/47, 61/63, 82/87, etc and have one of them, I don't know call it 16W or something follow Newton Road and continue on to West Bromwich and have the 16 no longer terminate at Green Lane at all and continue on Newton Road to stop in Scott Arms as it already does.

This is essentially how the 82/87 works with them both following the same path until the 82 splits off in Cape Hill to terminate in Bearwood. I can't fathom why the 16 doesn't work in a similar fashion and would help greatly with the mess the current 16/16A is. it would also make the fallout from the 46's demise less. And for good measure I'd also let the 16 that continues to Scott Arms go down Old Walsall Road every half an hour at peak times instead of turning around in Scott Arms just so the folk on that road aren't left stranded like they have been.

The only thing stopping this from being a more feasible reality is that. stupidly, the 16 terminates at Green Lane. which I can't understand why NXWM have such a boner for.

Another idea is to have an X16 where it does limited stop from Birmingham to Hamstead, Green Lane and then once it passes the Green Lane terminus, stop at every stop.

Or we could just have the 46 back and have the 16 continue to West Bromwich. would achieve the same things really.

jasmine

Quote from: 2206 on April 22, 2021, 11:54:55 PMWould enough passengers travel on the bus to a farm to justify a bus service however. Probably not, which explains why there is no service.
There doesn't seem to be any houses, shops or anything there. Just a farm and a walking path.
Also no bus deserves to be on this road. it's hell to drive down in an SUV, let alone a 10 meter bus. it physically wouldn't be possible with how this road works.

Rachvince53

Quote from: jasmine on October 22, 2023, 12:16:19 AMI would have the 16 be split into two routes akin to 4/4H/4M, 23/24, 45/47, 61/63, 82/87, etc and have one of them, I don't know call it 16W or something follow Newton Road and continue on to West Bromwich and have the 16 no longer terminate at Green Lane at all and continue on Newton Road to stop in Scott Arms as it already does.

This is essentially how the 82/87 works with them both following the same path until the 82 splits off in Cape Hill to terminate in Bearwood. I can't fathom why the 16 doesn't work in a similar fashion and would help greatly with the mess the current 16/16A is. it would also make the fallout from the 46's demise less. And for good measure I'd also let the 16 that continues to Scott Arms go down Old Walsall Road every half an hour at peak times instead of turning around in Scott Arms just so the folk on that road aren't left stranded like they have been.

The only thing stopping this from being a more feasible reality is that. stupidly, the 16 terminates at Green Lane. which I can't understand why NXWM have such a boner for.

Another idea is to have an X16 where it does limited stop from Birmingham to Hamstead, Green Lane and then once it passes the Green Lane terminus, stop at every stop.

Or we could just have the 46 back and have the 16 continue to West Bromwich. would achieve the same things really.
Diamond already provide a frequent link on the 16A to West Bromwich which does what you suggest the 16W would do, indeed it was previously numbered 16W. 

ellspurs

Quote from: jasmine on October 22, 2023, 12:42:44 AMAlso no bus deserves to be on this road. it's hell to drive down in an SUV, let alone a 10 meter bus. it physically wouldn't be possible with how this road works.
... wait what? This particular road is a very pleasant road to drive down. I've even been down it in my truck and the only problem was a few low hanging trees of which would be sorted out if a bus was to ever be routed up there. 

As for the likelihood of that? Very unlikely unless there was an incident and it were done as a diversion.

Lukeee

I presume you've never seen the X1 or X12 loadings around shift start/finish times at the airport. 

Jack

Quote from: Rachvince53 on October 22, 2023, 08:04:30 AMDiamond already provide a frequent link on the 16A to West Bromwich which does what you suggest the 16W would do, indeed it was previously numbered 16W.
Frequent? The 16 and 16A are a mess, the 46 is very much wanted back.

Yasir6711

Quote from: Liam Pettit on October 21, 2023, 05:08:14 PMI would make the 6 (Walsall to Sutton) extend on the X14 route till Walmley village, then take on the 71 to Minworth Asda to terminate.

I'd reroute the X14 to go via the falcon lodge crescent like the X4 does currently. With that, I'd rid of the X4.

This 6 service would be a fast and direct route from Walsall to Minworth every 30 mins. Giving beneficial links; Minworth, falcon lodge, Sutton, hill hook, Aldridge and Walsall.

- with this i would reroute the 77 service to not go to Minworth.
I think the x14 should change number very confusing with a 14 already by city center

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk