News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

If you had the chance to modify or add any service, what would you do?

Started by Alex, November 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rachvince53

Reinstate service 562 Wolverhampton to Brownhills and extend it to Lichfield.

spacecowboy150

As i have ridden on the X1 a few times I noticed a lot of people are doing the full trip to Coventry. the takes a lot longer than it should cause the bus has to go through Birmingham airport, Meriden, Parkhill estate and Allesley. My suggestion is make a new route that goes straight to Coventry that has less stops. It should be proper express service like the X51 to Walsall. The comparatively low fares on buses should make it an attractive choice over the train

GoldenSquid

Quote from: spacecowboy150 on October 07, 2023, 08:59:37 PMAs i have ridden on the X1 a few times I noticed a lot of people are doing the full trip to Coventry. the takes a lot longer than it should cause the bus has to go through Birmingham airport, Meriden, Parkhill estate and Allesley. My suggestion is make a new route that goes straight to Coventry that has less stops. It should be proper express service like the X51 to Walsall. The comparatively low fares on buses should make it an attractive choice over the train
Or if they made the X1 not serve Parkhill and Allesley Village and go limited stop along Holyhead Road - it'd save 10 minutes easily at minimum. Then make a 7 variation do the X1 route to Parkhill to serve those stops.
Local Routes: 14/71/72/94/95/96/97/X12/X13

ellspurs

There used to be variations there that covered the routes. 

The 6 used to do the 7 route to Allesley and then went to Parkhill Estate.
The 7 used to go straight down Holyhead Road to Allesley and then up to Browns Lane.

The 900 was limited stop down Holyhead Road, went through Allesley and then up the a45.

The late 90s saw the demise of the 6, the 7 taking over the 6's journey through Radford and the 900 stopping at all places on Holyhead Road and Parkhill. There was a time when the 900 didn't go up Parkhill but stopped at a bus stop on the roundabout. Journeys to Coventry had to go all the way around the roundabout to to go to this bus stop.

I never remember many people getting on/off at Parkhill so it may not be worth the hassle to change services to go up there.

Wumpty

Quote from: Rachvince53 on September 28, 2023, 08:12:50 PMReinstate service 562 Wolverhampton to Brownhills and extend it to Lichfield.

Big shout and totally agree. Personally, I'd omit Coppice Farm as there was (not sure about now) poor patronage, and extend it via Brownhills High Street, Shire Oak and left along the A461 to Lichfield.

I'd even go one step further with a limited stop version (X62 if you will), Wolverhampton, all stops to Wednesfield via Bentley Bridge, along Broad Lanes North & South to New Invention then limited stop to Mossley Cresswell Crescent, all stops to the 31 terminus at the old Eagle Pub site, limited stop to Bloxwich, limited stop to Shotlands Lane terminus, Pelsall Fingerpost, Clayhanger Lane, Brownhills Holland Park Terminus, Brownhills High Street, Shire Oak lights, Muckley Corner then all stops to Lichfield.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Rachvince53

Yes, omitting Coppice Farm would be acceptable as the 69 already runs to Wolverhampton and Walsall via the estate. Passengers for Bloxwich can change to the 326 (as now) or catch the X62.

I wondered if incorporating the FD service into the main network could be possible. Maybe:
X13A City - Fort Dunlop - Spitfire Island - Collector Road - Parkfield Drive - X13 route to Chelmsley.
Or 66A City - Star City as the short trips do then to Fort Dunlop.

The FD only appears on the digital flags in the City Centre as well I think at present. Outside of the City Centre it isn't mentioned I don't think.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: 2206 on October 11, 2023, 08:30:06 PMI wondered if incorporating the FD service into the main network could be possible. Maybe:
X13A City - Fort Dunlop - Spitfire Island - Collector Road - Parkfield Drive - X13 route to Chelmsley.
Or 66A City - Star City as the short trips do then to Fort Dunlop.

The FD only appears on the digital flags in the City Centre as well I think at present. Outside of the City Centre it isn't mentioned I don't think.
I like your idea of the 66A replacing the FD, but I would extend it further to Castle Vale via Farnborough Road. The 67 could then go back to terminate at Castle Vale High Street.

Lukeee

Quote from: Steve3229vp on October 11, 2023, 08:54:02 PMI like your idea of the 66A replacing the FD, but I would extend it further to Castle Vale via Farnborough Road. The 67 could then go back to terminate at Castle Vale High Street.
I quite like this idea 

Owen

Quote from: Lukeee on October 11, 2023, 09:59:12 PMI quite like this idea
Personally I don't. As a regular user of the route 67, I would hate to suffer through nechells. Birchfield road is bad enough. 

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Owen on October 12, 2023, 12:42:30 AMPersonally I don't. As a regular user of the route 67, I would hate to suffer through nechells. Birchfield road is bad enough.
You could still use the 67, my proposed 66A wouldn't replace it except Farnborough Road

Yasir6711

I would want a 28A from the edington to washwood hearth .and double deck then to do the 73 to Solihull  

Liam Pettit

Quote from: Yasir6711 on October 19, 2023, 11:03:23 PMI would want a 28A from the edington to washwood hearth .and double deck then to do the 73 to Solihull 
A double deck 28 would be great but unfortunately it can't be. a 28A would be pointless though.

Liam Pettit

I would have the X12 from Birmingham to chelmsley wood, and the 72 route, joined up.  

The X12 chelmsley wood to Solihull I would have the 71 or X13 replace. 

72 is a brilliant route.

Liam Pettit

I would make the 6 (Walsall to Sutton) extend on the X14 route till Walmley village, then take on the 71 to Minworth Asda to terminate.

I'd reroute the X14 to go via the falcon lodge crescent like the X4 does currently. With that, I'd rid of the X4.

This 6 service would be a fast and direct route from Walsall to Minworth every 30 mins. Giving beneficial links; Minworth, falcon lodge, Sutton, hill hook, Aldridge and Walsall.

- with this i would reroute the 77 service to not go to Minworth.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk