News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rachvince53

WN 15/16 affected badly by the closure of the A449 in Wall Heath for surface dressing. Eg I caught the 1310 to Merry Hill from Wolves at....1355. At least two buses past me heading to Wolves out of service to try and claw some of the lost time back. 

94/95 are experiencing major delays this afternoon between Saltley Gate and Drews Lane. Due to roadworks/temporary lights
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

winston

865 on the midnight 4H running 17 mins late

Wumpty

Expect severe delays to WN59 as Lichfield Road is closed in Wednesfield between Moathouse Lane and Lancaster pub due to serious accident.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Westy

Quote from: Wumpty on July 12, 2023, 04:46:13 PMExpect severe delays to WN59 as Lichfield Road is closed in Wednesfield between Moathouse Lane and Lancaster pub due to serious accident.
Suppose that will affect the 9 as well?

Wumpty

Quote from: Westy on July 12, 2023, 06:39:04 PMSuppose that will affect the 9 as well?
Apologies @Westy - it would have done.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

18WilliamsLi

1851 keeps leaving all his timings points 2 or 3 minutes early I believe that driver is always doing it alot in also fact a few weeks ago I missed the 4m due to because he was 6 minutes early surely he can't get away with it forever 

Jack6101

Quote from: 18WilliamsLi on July 13, 2023, 12:46:46 PM1851 keeps leaving all his timings points 2 or 3 minutes early I believe that driver is always doing it alot in also fact a few weeks ago I missed the 4m due to because he was 6 minutes early surely he can't get away with it forever
Maybe contact national express direct if it's the same driver ? 
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

18WilliamsLi

Quote from: Jack6101 on July 13, 2023, 01:25:43 PMMaybe contact national express direct if it's the same driver ?
It's different drivers it's just that loads of drivers are leaving timing points early making people suffer waiting for following 4 

Trident 4194

Quote from: 18WilliamsLi on July 13, 2023, 12:46:46 PM1851 keeps leaving all his timings points 2 or 3 minutes early I believe that driver is always doing it alot in also fact a few weeks ago I missed the 4m due to because he was 6 minutes early surely he can't get away with it forever
Interesting the 10:37 4H from Walsall was seen running early. Arrived at terminus 5 minutes early 

18WilliamsLi

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 13, 2023, 09:12:07 PMInteresting the 10:37 4H from Walsall was seen running early. Arrived at terminus 5 minutes early
Quite a few drivers have been leaving early everywhere probably because Walsall garage don't ever call them in there obviously not strict not fair on passengers who miss bus and have to wait 20 minutes for following 4m

j789

Quote from: 18WilliamsLi on July 13, 2023, 09:16:57 PMQuite a few drivers have been leaving early everywhere probably because Walsall garage don't ever call them in there obviously not strict not fair on passengers who miss bus and have to wait 20 minutes for following 4m
'Everywhere!'

Have you been stood at every bus stop along the route then to actually witness this happening or are you looking at a computer screen that you know doesn't always show 100% accurate data?

Absolutely ridiculous statement.

18WilliamsLi

Quote from: j789 on July 13, 2023, 09:53:38 PM'Everywhere!'

Have you been stood at every bus stop along the route then to actually witness this happening or are you looking at a computer screen that you know doesn't always show 100% accurate data?

Absolutely ridiculous statement.
I've seen it happen I've been on the bus I've seen them !!

j789

Quote from: 18WilliamsLi on July 13, 2023, 10:16:13 PMI've seen it happen I've been on the bus I've seen them !!
I wish I had the time to sit on bus routes end to end all day checking to see if they are running 2 minutes early.

Perhaps get yourself a job as a route manager if you feel the service is really that bad where 'every' bus is running early (which it obviously isn't!)

Jack

Quote from: 18WilliamsLi on July 13, 2023, 10:16:13 PMI've seen it happen I've been on the bus I've seen them !!
Okay and you've seen all of them in your own eyes, busy trotting about I'm sure...

There's a lot more to life than seeing if a bus is running 2 minutes early on BusTimes... and alot better things to do.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk