News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Strike Action

Started by monkeyjoe, December 14, 2022, 01:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve3229vp

Quote from: BrumKev86 on March 23, 2023, 06:46:21 AMSeems buses being prevented from Perry Barr garage which is affecting 28 and X4 this morning.
This is getting silly now, I thought these services were agreed before the strike started so why are these being prevented from leaving garage

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Steve3229vp on March 23, 2023, 07:14:51 AMThis is getting silly now, I thought these services were agreed before the strike started so why are these being prevented from leaving garage
Unite seem to make the rules as they go along

There waiting till the public snap then they can say drivers deserve a better pay rise
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

metrocity

Quote from: Steve3229vp on March 23, 2023, 07:14:51 AMThis is getting silly now, I thought these services were agreed before the strike started so why are these being prevented from leaving garage
Its interesting that expert opinion on this thread previously suggested only cowboy bus operators wouldn't recognise a union, yet here with are with the union behaving in a 'cowboy' manner ! 

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: metrocity on March 23, 2023, 07:44:15 AMIts interesting that expert opinion on this thread previously suggested only cowboy bus operators wouldn't recognise a union, yet here with are with the union behaving in a 'cowboy' manner !
Maybe they have the common sense to know that unions are nothing but kids who if they cant get there own way have hissy fits and make peoples lifes super hard 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

dw1308

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on March 23, 2023, 07:47:22 AMMaybe they have the common sense to know that unions are nothing but kids who if they cant get there own way have hissy fits and make peoples lifes super hard
I think the union has backed itself into a corner and doesn't want to admit it because then unite will look stupid. And if the scenes outside of my garage BC are anything to go by then it's just one bouncy castle away from being a circus let alone a picket line

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: dw1308 on March 23, 2023, 08:01:27 AMI think the union has backed itself into a corner and doesn't want to admit it because then unite will look stupid. And if the scenes outside of my garage BC are anything to go by then it's just one bouncy castle away from being a circus let alone a picket line
They have blocked coventry again only letting  hospital buses out.

how long till people turn up and start forcing them to move out of the way?

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on March 22, 2023, 08:32:54 AMCovs turn to have the police called i take it 🤬

Nx need a good hard look at some of there staff
why please explain, i didnt see anything wrong with there actions, i saw the police taking the piss

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on March 22, 2023, 02:15:57 PMTheres a diamond driver who said
 "All I can say is, if NX drivers were abused before the strike, wait until they go back to work."
just hope its not a sign of things to come for nx drivers

sick rates will go up and folks will leave simples 

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: 2900 on March 23, 2023, 08:18:06 AMwhy please explain, i didnt see anything wrong with there actions, i saw the police taking the piss
Blocking non union members from working 
Blocking the road thats against the rules of picket lines
Pushing a law enforcement officer

woody38

Read a lot of peoples answers on here, what surprises  me most is not getting behind your fellow workers, not a bus driver myself but my company was on strike last year I attended the picket line many times, supported the strike 100%, if u stick to together & fight like they did in Liverpool you will win this war with management.

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on March 23, 2023, 08:26:45 AMBlocking non union members from working
Blocking the road thats against the rules of picket lines
Pushing a law enforcement officer
Where's the Police when members of the public block main corridors in there cars AND park where ever THINKING hazard lights is an excuse, On many occasions they the police drive by not bothered, anti social behaviour  on buses no show. 
picket lines easy day for police but to challenge members of the public that's a different ball game entirley 

Its been very civilised affair down here at West Bromwich garage, The MD of NX David Bradford  came down to talk to drivers but mainly listen to our concerns  going forwards, The lack of restrooms he clearly understood, lack of communications is a major issue at NX that was made abundantly clear,  far too many issues to list but credit to him David spent a good 45 minutes with the drivers. 
May be going forward there should be more meetings with boardroom members  and its drivers and may be avoid this type of action in future, i blame the predecessors  for a lot the mess we are in.

Quote from: 2900 on March 23, 2023, 09:04:25 AMIts been very civilised affair down here at West Bromwich garage, The MD of NX David Bradford  came down to talk to drivers but mainly listen to our concerns  going forwards, The lack of restrooms he clearly understood, lack of communications is a major issue at NX that was made abundantly clear,  far too many issues to list but credit to him David spent a good 45 minutes with the drivers.
May be going forward there should be more meetings with boardroom members  and its drivers and may be avoid this type of action in future, i blame the predecessors  for a lot the mess we are in.
why are the  bus drivers the BAD GUYS in this strike, last week junior doctors strike 175,000 appointments cancelled, AMBULANCE strike thousands of non urgent calls make your own way, TEACHERS STRIKE didn't that affect children's education.
2020 who kept the NHS MOVING, how many drivers died all forgotten. 

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: 2900 on March 23, 2023, 09:16:46 AMwhy are the  bus drivers the BAD GUYS in this strike, last week junior doctors strike 175,000 appointments cancelled, AMBULANCE strike thousands of non urgent calls make your own way, TEACHERS STRIKE didn't that affect children's education.
2020 who kept the NHS MOVING, how many drivers died all forgotten.
Because i dont see any of the above blocking others from doing there jobs!

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on March 23, 2023, 09:23:07 AMBecause i dont see any of the above blocking others from doing there jobs!
Is that all you can see , arent the teachers blocking childrens education, arent the juniors doctors blocking access to health care Possible delays in spotting cancer etc etc,  arent the ambulance staff blocking access to the NHS for those without transport 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk