News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Strike Action

Started by monkeyjoe, December 14, 2022, 01:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

don

Quote from: cris 99 on March 22, 2023, 07:22:45 PMAs predicted Mr Williams is on one of his beloved 82/87 brandeds on the 6 to Solihull. What an absolute prat knowing how busy buses are. I hope you get stranded in Solihull I really do.  Not to mention a bit hypocritical considering earlier he didn't want them on BC routes because they will get wrecked. The 6 is totally different if course 🤣🤣
Easy and far more comfortable to get back by rail 🤣

I had thought of travelling to West Midlands myself - plenty of photo opportunities which will be historic in years to come and spotting opportunities at depots (if the pickets let you pass!!) 

I'm curious how a Volvo B7TL can be used on a BC route with a BC driver - not type trained? 

Btw I thought the days of moaning about named individuals on this forum had passed years ago - it used to be rife!! 
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

18WilliamsLi

Quote from: cris 99 on March 22, 2023, 07:22:45 PMAs predicted Mr Williams is on one of his beloved 82/87 brandeds on the 6 to Solihull. What an absolute prat knowing how busy buses are. I hope you get stranded in Solihull I really do.  Not to mention a bit hypocritical considering earlier he didn't want them on BC routes because they will get wrecked. The 6 is totally different if course 🤣🤣
Well I'm not stranded in Solihull I got a train same Bolton is out and about why don't you say something about him

Tony

Quote from: don on March 22, 2023, 09:03:59 PMEasy and far more comfortable to get back by rail 🤣

I'm curious how a Volvo B7TL can be used on a BC route with a BC driver - not type trained?

Same cab as a B5LH which BC operate

don

Quote from: Tony on March 22, 2023, 09:05:33 PMSame cab as a B5LH which BC operate
Cheers - I hadn't thought of that - surely a different operating characteristic though? Seems an odd choice when E400s or MMCs are available though. 

don

winston

@cris 99 @Busses_transport_  knock it on the head the pair of you !

don

Quote from: winston on March 22, 2023, 09:58:14 PM@cris 99 @Busses_transport_  knock it on the head the pair of you !
Thank goodness for your post @winston Some people just don't seem to realise that quite a few people on this forum are bus enthusiasts, not drivers or other public transport employees. People come at this from different points of view.  

Steveminor

This is a friendly forum and should not be used as a platform for personal attacks. People are entitled to their opinion but if it firms a personal attack then it has no place on here.

Fir what it's worth anyone who has a valid pass or pays a valid ticket is able to board and ride on any bus , covid do not travel laws do nit exist anymore 

Quote from: Steveminor on March 22, 2023, 10:16:36 PMThis is a friendly forum and should not be used as a platform for personal attacks. People are entitled to their opinion but if it firms a personal attack then it has no place on here.

Fir what it's worth anyone who has a valid pass or pays a valid ticket is able to board and ride on any bus , covid do not travel laws do nit exist anymore
Some buses i've seen the last few day have not been as packed as you'd expect them to be. I saw a 4 heading out of Solihull this evening and only looked to be half full, at that time of day would have expected it to be rammed considering the reduced service.
I'd guess some people probably have found alternatives as well, rather than relying on the reduced service.  And also say for people who previously used to 2 routes to get to the 4, they are probably unable to do that as well now. 
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Westy

What's difficult about the statement 'Don't travel unless necessary '?

If this strike is still on at the weekend, I won't be going out on a bus on Saturday or Sunday!

From the top of my head, the next time I need to go to Walsall, is Easter weekend when my Swift card runs out, & even then I can hang on for 2 weeks, as I'm off until the week after!

(Even booked my birthday off !)

I live 5 minutes from an Asda.

I can do online shopping.

I've got takeaways within walking distance.

I'm sorted!

Mike K

Quote from: 2206 on March 22, 2023, 10:23:07 PMSome buses i've seen the last few day have not been as packed as you'd expect them to be. I saw a 4 heading out of Solihull this evening and only looked to be half full, at that time of day would have expected it to be rammed considering the reduced service.
I'd guess some people probably have found alternatives as well, rather than relying on the reduced service.  And also say for people who previously used to 2 routes to get to the 4, they are probably unable to do that as well now. 
I'd suspect that even on the routes running a skeleton service a lot of people aren't bothering to chance it. It looks like a lottery, with long gaps in service, not all buses running or running very late, not helped by buses being prevented from leaving garages.

I've reverted to COVID ways of working, working 100% from home this week. I'd imagine others who are able to, and don't have the option of a local train station, are doing the same. 

BBS

QuoteWhat's difficult about the statement 'Don't travel unless necessary '?

If this strike is still on at the weekend, I won't be going out on a bus on Saturday or Sunday!

From the top of my head, the next time I need to go to Walsall, is Easter weekend when my Swift card runs out, & even then I can hang on for 2 weeks, as I'm off until the week after!

(Even booked my birthday off !)

I live 5 minutes from an Asda.

I can do online shopping.

I've got takeaways within walking distance.

I'm sorted!
If you got alternatives it doesn't matter then 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

MasterPlan

Quote from: 2206 on March 22, 2023, 10:23:07 PMSome buses i've seen the last few day have not been as packed as you'd expect them to be. I saw a 4 heading out of Solihull this evening and only looked to be half full, at that time of day would have expected it to be rammed considering the reduced service.

Every X21 I've been on has been full, sometimes with people standing upstairs too. I agree that some people have made alternative arrangements though, otherwise it could've been worse.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

BrumKev86

Seems buses being prevented from Perry Barr garage which is affecting 28 and X4 this morning. 
Grew up in Great Barr, now living in North Somerset

Coventrybususer95

Only 3 buses in coventry runs at the moment lets hope its not another day where unite cost the police hundreds of pounds to deal with strikers again

https://twitter.com/nxcoventry/status/1638790719434555392?t=iMISt1AzesLwU9n6rT0Zyw&s=19
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk