News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Strike Action

Started by monkeyjoe, December 14, 2022, 01:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

18WilliamsLi

Quote from: dw1308 on March 22, 2023, 07:31:19 AMIt's still a BC route but using a vehicle from another garage that's been parked up at one of the holding locations.
I know but they better not put a 82/87 branded on there

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: 18WilliamsLi on March 22, 2023, 07:34:14 AMI know but they better not put a 82/87 branded on there
They will allocate whats available 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

18WilliamsLi

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on March 22, 2023, 07:39:49 AMThey will allocate whats available
The 87 brand don't deserve to get recked on x21 or 97

MasterPlan

Quote from: 18WilliamsLi on March 22, 2023, 07:42:24 AMThe 87 brand don't deserve to get recked on x21 or 97

Well this is just laughable.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

cris 99

17//72/73/97/X12

Quote from: Tony on March 22, 2023, 06:09:48 AMThe deal is one year, exactly what the reps asked and is a straight rise with no strings
Wheres the overtime rate, plus its a strike about more than just pay its also protest strike, drivers venting years of anger frustrations with mangement last 20 years its been take take take with crappie 2 year pay deals.

BrumKev86

Buses being prevented leaving Coventry Garage according to NX Coventry. 
Grew up in Great Barr, now living in North Somerset

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: BrumKev86 on March 22, 2023, 08:19:28 AMBuses being prevented leaving Coventry Garage according to NX Coventry.
Covs turn to have the police called i take it 🤬

Nx need a good hard look at some of there staff 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Mike K

Quote from: 18WilliamsLi on March 22, 2023, 07:42:24 AMThe 87 brand don't deserve to get recked on x21 or 97
Ah yes, they must be in pristine condition having operated along the salubrious, anti-social behaviour-free Dudley Road day and night. Would be a shame to ruin them.

I'm sure what bus is running in what route isn't the priority right now.

Wumpty

Strike action | NX Bus Coventry

As mentioned in the CV Garage thread, bus have been prevented from leaving the garage.

Moment protesters block National Express bus leaving Perry Barr depot amid pay row - Birmingham Live (birminghammail.co.uk)

The same happened yesterday at YW and PB with police attending both garages.

It certainly appears that industrial action is being stepped up to prevent buses leaving for limited service.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Wumpty on March 22, 2023, 08:42:53 AMStrike action | NX Bus Coventry

As mentioned in the CV Garage thread, bus have been prevented from leaving the garage.

Moment protesters block National Express bus leaving Perry Barr depot amid pay row - Birmingham Live (birminghammail.co.uk)

The same happened yesterday at YW and PB with police attending both garages.

It certainly appears that industrial action is being stepped up to prevent buses leaving for limited service.
Cant staff physically move them 

Secondary trigger 28

6970 is currently on the  6

Wumpty

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on March 22, 2023, 08:32:54 AMCovs turn to have the police called i take it 🤬

Nx need a good hard look at some of there staff
Why do they? Picketers are exercising their right to peaceful protest and this involves being in a position that impedes buses leaving. The coverage shows them walking on the apron areas which they are entitled to do. There are no jaywalking laws in this country so they are doing nothing illegal.

As I've mentioned before, this is happening on private property and only the landowners can trespass picketers which is a civil matter. Police will be there to prevent a breach of the peace or to move picketers if it becomes aggravated trespass where people are prevented from performing their legitimate duties, ONLY if reported by those affected to the police, i.e. NX or the landowner.

There's a moral and a legal discussion and the picketers are doing nothing illegal at this point.

Wumpty

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on March 22, 2023, 08:51:54 AMCant staff physically move them
No. Anyone other than police going hands-on to remove them would be committing assault and potentially arrested. Also, why would staff attempt to remove them? See below.

Quote from: Wumpty on March 22, 2023, 08:55:44 AMWhy do they? Picketers are exercising their right to peaceful protest and this involves being in a position that impedes buses leaving. The coverage shows them walking on the apron areas which they are entitled to do. There are no jaywalking laws in this country so they are doing nothing illegal.

As I've mentioned before, this is happening on private property and only the landowners can trespass picketers which is a civil matter. Police will be there to prevent a breach of the peace or to move picketers if it becomes aggravated trespass where people are prevented from performing their legitimate duties, ONLY if reported by those affected to the police, i.e. NX or the landowner.

There's a moral and a legal discussion and the picketers are doing nothing illegal at this point.
The other legal arguments are in the above post.

Straightlines

Quote from: 2900 on March 22, 2023, 08:14:38 AMplus its a strike about more than just pay its also protest strike, drivers venting years of anger frustrations with mangement last 20 years.
So is it one or the other?  Unite doesn't mention 'years of anger and frustrations with management'. Sounds like a bit of a weak argument being used behind the fact the members have rejected a straight 14.3%!?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk