News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Strike Action

Started by monkeyjoe, December 14, 2022, 01:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus127us

Can non union drivers not work as there won't be any engineers to attend breakdowns will there ? 

Lukeee

Can see Diamond 4/4H been extra busy on strike days 

Westy

Quote from: Bus127us on March 03, 2023, 12:58:15 PMCan non union drivers not work as there won't be any engineers to attend breakdowns will there ?
That is a good point.

You could say the buses are unsafe to drive, if there's no breakdown cover!

MW

Quote from: Westy on March 03, 2023, 01:29:41 PMThat is a good point.

Nonsense, not a good point at all.

Tony

Quote from: Westy on March 03, 2023, 01:29:41 PMThat is a good point.

And it's not all engineers, so there will be cover, and many breakdowns are just fetched in by RS anyway

Rachvince53

Quote from: Ginger66 on March 03, 2023, 12:26:04 PMWould drivers for NEAT be drafted in to run services to keep the West Midlands moving
No. Drivers will not be drafted in from elsewhere.  That hasn't happened when other bus companies go on strike (eg Ariiva North West) and won't happen here.

Tony

Quote from: Rachvince53 on March 03, 2023, 03:31:55 PMNo. Drivers will not be drafted in from elsewhere.  That hasn't happened when other bus companies go on strike (eg Ariiva North West) and won't happen here.
Stagecoach generally bring other staff in to cover strikes

Westy

Quote from: Tony on March 03, 2023, 02:08:43 PMAnd it's not all engineers, so there will be cover, and many breakdowns are just fetched in by RS anyway
Fair enough.

We are learning as we go along!

Steveminor

Tony

Quote from: Steveminor on March 03, 2023, 05:49:50 PM@Tony will you be driving?
No, staff have been told they haven't got to. I've got plenty of empty bus driving to do getting these electrics into service

Coventrybususer95

With drivers strikeing will nx refund taxis trains other forms of transport that people may be required to use during the strikes to get to work, health care, education in place's only nx buses operate?
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Gareth

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on March 03, 2023, 06:01:56 PMWith drivers strikeing will nx refund taxis trains other forms of transport that people may be required to use during the strikes to get to work, health care, education in place's only nx buses operate?
Of course they won't.

Straightlines

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on March 03, 2023, 06:01:56 PMWith drivers strikeing will nx refund taxis trains other forms of transport that people may be required to use during the strikes to get to work, health care, education in place's only nx buses operate?
They don't refund for their already ongoing non operation / unreliability! 

monkeyjoe

Is that a serious question ? 

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: monkeyjoe on March 03, 2023, 07:23:22 PMIs that a serious question ?
Well yes when 1/2 of coventry is solely serviced by national express and no other company how else are people who cant drive ment to get to places?
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk