News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: j789 on November 12, 2022, 08:44:52 PMSlightly off topic question but is linked to buses running late as the diversion must cause havoc with the route but on WBA matchdays when the Birmingham Road is shut (only in one direction towards West Brom) where does the 74 divert to get back on route?

On the bus stops near the ground in that direction, it says no buses for up to 90 mins after the match. I've looked at a map and there are a number of possibilities for how to get to West Brom avoiding Birmingham Road and the motorway island, for example via Hamsted. Which route do buses take?

What sort of disruption does this cause the service as it must be pretty bad, particularly as in the other direction buses can run the normal route? A few years ago, buses could continue the normal route in both directions as only one lane was closed off for supporter pedestrians.

I have noticed this season at home games, more people are using the 74 to games which is nice to see but getting back to West Brom must be a pain having to wait for up to 90 mins for the Road to reopen.
74 football diversion is through  smethwick theres an official one but drivers do all sorts

ellspurs

I know it's a Cov bus but didn't want to start a new topic over there.

Bystanders moved a car parked on double red lines on Gosford Road (FarGo/Stabby Village) to allow a bus to get through. Bus had been waiting 17 minutes for the car to be moved.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/bystanders-lift-parked-audi-hand-25982983

Trident 4194

@Tony nice to see control thing sod Hayley green. 2 consecutive 4Hs in a row being terminated at Halesowen. This level of service is appalling 

mesub

We're seeing delays of around 34 minutes for 6860 on the 23.

Edit: We're also being joined by 6877 and 6870.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Rachvince53

The 0820 WN16 to Wolves was delayed for an hour in Common Road, Wombourne following an RTA at the crossroads.  The bus was not involved but two cars were. 

Ginger66

It seems the 40 from West Bromwich to Wednesbury was struggling as services where showing as running as normal according to bus station electronic display but 16:47, 17:02 and 17:15 did run to schedule.

As there was no buses arriving on my route I found a bus station staff member who just checked  bus times to see which buses where tracking and only 3 buses on the 40 where running and it seemed like two where following each other.

In the end I had to catch the 4 to stone cross and noticed the All Saints Expressway was running smoothly so I could not understand why there was heavy delays to the service unless one or two drivers did not turn up on time.

Tony

The 17:02 journey is an NX one and was bus 820, but it didn't get to Wednesbury on it's previous journey until 17:22 so ended up missing an entire round trip out. I've no idea why, but I presume the two Diamond journeys either side suffered similarly.

All 3 NX buses were out there, none were actually missing. 813; 820 & 823 were the 3 buses.

karl724223

All services using Dudley bus station are experiencing delays due to king st bus lane to the bus station being closed for the metro works no through road from the markets end either everything fog to use castle hill now  also car drivers can't read or understand what road closed means 

Rachvince53

Never mind late running, how the 0809 from Merry Hill to Wolverhampton this morning which ran 10 minutes EARLY into Wolves. 

ellspurs

No school traffic. Are they on adjusted timetables this week?

Tony

Quote from: Rachvince53 on February 20, 2023, 01:22:07 PMNever mind late running, how the 0809 from Merry Hill to Wolverhampton this morning which ran 10 minutes EARLY into Wolves.
The last timing point where the driver is expected to wait time is Springhill Lane. The driver left there on time at 08:58.

Quote from: ellspurs on February 20, 2023, 03:33:44 PMNo school traffic. Are they on adjusted timetables this week?
Revised timetables on certain services.
WN15 not listed so probably is less traffic, as the reason for arriving earlier than normal.
February half term timetables 2023 | NX Bus West Midlands
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on February 20, 2023, 03:52:46 PMRevised timetables on certain services.
WN15 not listed so probably is less traffic, as the reason for arriving earlier than normal.
February half term timetables 2023 | NX Bus West Midlands
During the day the 15 gets 18 minutes from Springhill Lane to Wolverhampton, that bus gets 33 minutes due to getting stuck in all the school traffic. On half term week it takes 10 minutes less. If the driver had waited any time on narrow Penn Road he would have caused the same traffic chaos the parents on the school run do. The driver did nothing wrong leaving every timing point within accepted limits but people sitting looking at tracking will still criticise. 

Rachvince53

Quote from: Tony on February 20, 2023, 04:45:04 PMDuring the day the 15 gets 18 minutes from Springhill Lane to Wolverhampton, that bus gets 33 minutes due to getting stuck in all the school traffic. On half term week it takes 10 minutes less. If the driver had waited any time on narrow Penn Road he would have caused the same traffic chaos the parents on the school run do. The driver did nothing wrong leaving every timing point within accepted limits but people sitting looking at tracking will still criticise.
I was waiting for the 0912 at Tesco. RUNNING 10 MINUTES EARLY is not acceptable under any circumstances.  Just as well I had not got an appointment. 

ellspurs

Quote from: Rachvince53 on February 20, 2023, 04:52:34 PMI was waiting for the 0912 at Tesco. RUNNING 10 MINUTES EARLY is not acceptable under any circumstances.  Just as well I had not got an appointment.
Apologies, but where are you seeing the 0912 time listed? The last timed point before Wolverhampton was at the Springhill Lane junction which Tony mentioned above. Any time listed between that and the next timing point are estimated times. On the NX website it states "If you click on 'see all stops' you will see some times in italics. These times are estimated and buses may not arrive at the time stated, they may run slightly earlier or slightly later".

I would always aim to be at the bus stop for the time at the previous timing point as that's the easiest way to ensure it shouldn't be passing early.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk