News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Stagecoach in Birmingham

Started by monkeyjoe, December 08, 2022, 10:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevo

Very poor service, running early over so much of the route. 

Secondary trigger 28

Sometimes running over 20 minutes late as well

MasterPlan

2 46s leaving the QE within a minute of each other just after half 5.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

MW

Unless I'm blind, which I don't think I am, Stagecoach 36481 has just gone past me on the 41 to Heartlands Hospital, with the side destination reading "41 Kings Heath".

I had to look twice. The 41 doesn't go to Kings Heath...

MW

Quote from: MW on February 10, 2023, 07:18:06 AMUnless I'm blind, which I don't think I am, Stagecoach 36481 has just gone past me on the 41 to Heartlands Hospital, with the side destination reading "41 Kings Heath".

36427 has just passed me; exactly as the same as above. Definitely not blind! 41 to Kings Heath!

MW

And now 36427 is broken down in Acocks Green, with an external Maintenance vehicle from a firm based in Leicester at the scene.

So the buses are coming from Rugby, and the engineers who attend breakdowns are coming from Leicester...

BBS

QuoteUnless I'm blind, which I don't think I am, Stagecoach 36481 has just gone past me on the 41 to Heartlands Hospital, with the side destination reading "41 Kings Heath".

I seen HHD also displaying 41 kings heath the other day 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

SSmith09

Quote from: MW on February 10, 2023, 01:39:04 PMAnd now 36427 is broken down in Acocks Green, with an external Maintenance vehicle from a firm based in Leicester at the scene.

So the buses are coming from Rugby, and the engineers who attend breakdowns are coming from Leicester...
Avenger?

Rachvince53

Quote from: BBS on February 10, 2023, 05:07:49 PMI seen HHD also displaying 41 kings heath the other day
Obviously been misprogrammed when the displays were set up. Whoever set up the displays put in a "41 Kings Heath" by mistake, possibly assuming that as the 46 goes to Kings Heath, the 41 must as well!

BBS

QuoteObviously been misprogrammed when the displays were set up. Whoever set up the displays put in a "41 Kings Heath" by mistake, possibly assuming that as the 46 goes to Kings Heath, the 41 must as well!
There's 3 destination boards actually, I've seen a QE , Heartlands and a Kings Heath one 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

SO6597

One of the local Councillors for Kings Heath tweeted a letter yesterday sent to residents on roads used by the 46/169 which said that buses will be turning around 'further up the High Street on Queensbridge Rd' from February 24th.

If true, I've no idea where this suitable turning point is unless they do a loop past Highbury Hall. Furthermore, it's only going to exacerbate reliability issues if buses have to negotiate the full length of the High Street.

MW

Quote from: SO6597 on February 12, 2023, 04:09:44 PMOne of the local Councillors for Kings Heath tweeted a letter yesterday sent to residents on roads used by the 46/169 which said that buses will be turning around 'further up the High Street on Queensbridge Rd' from February 24th.

If true, I've no idea where this suitable turning point is unless they do a loop past Highbury Hall. Furthermore, it's only going to exacerbate reliability issues if buses have to negotiate the full length of the High Street.

Another solution is merge both services into one. Have the "short journeys" terminate at The Billesley/Swanshurst School roundabout. 

Looking at the timetable, the full journey should take around 106 mins. You can shave a few off that if the services were merged. Would leave 7-8 mins drop back on each end based on an hourly frequency. 

Stu

Quote from: SO6597 on February 12, 2023, 04:09:44 PMOne of the local Councillors for Kings Heath tweeted a letter yesterday sent to residents on roads used by the 46/169 which said that buses will be turning around 'further up the High Street on Queensbridge Rd' from February 24th.

Yeah, that idea definitely won't impact service reliability at all. :rolleyes:

Still think it is a better idea for the 46 to go via Addison Road then onto Institute Road via Goldsmith Road or Springfield Road.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

ellspurs

Or send them back down All Saints' Road like they used to. The parking doesn't look any different to how it was when the buses used to go down there.

Stu

Quote from: ellspurs on February 12, 2023, 04:48:48 PMOr send them back down All Saints' Road like they used to. The parking doesn't look any different to how it was when the buses used to go down there.
Where do they go from there though? Thanks to the LTN, there's no access at the other end onto Howard Road.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk