News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Stagecoach in Birmingham

Started by monkeyjoe, December 08, 2022, 10:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SO6597

There was a short time between the demise of the 27's All Saints Rd terminus and its extension to Alcester Lanes End where it still terminated at Kings Heath. All I know is that it turned right at the Vicarage Rd/High St junction, not sure where it went after that to turn around.

I think the use of any alternative back streets around Kings Heath by the 46 will inevitably meet with the same kind of opposition we see here, I also wonder how much time gets lost sitting in the constant traffic jams on the High St. Perhaps routing it along Howard Rd onto Alcester Rd Sth and then turning right into Vicarage Rd is a possibility?

SO6597

Quote from: SO6597 on January 31, 2023, 09:07:25 PMThere was a short time between the demise of the 27's All Saints Rd terminus and its extension to Alcester Lanes End where it still terminated at Kings Heath. All I know is that it turned right at the Vicarage Rd/High St junction, not sure where it went after that to turn around.

I think the use of any alternative back streets around Kings Heath by the 46 will inevitably meet with the same kind of opposition we see here, I also wonder how much time gets lost sitting in the constant traffic jams on the High St. Perhaps routing it along Howard Rd onto Alcester Rd Sth and then turning right into Vicarage Rd is a possibility?
Looks like the new route may be getting tested, this evening a 46 turned right onto Alcester Rd South and left at Howard Rd East, turning round at the roundabout on Wheelers Lane/Haunch Lane and returning the same way. 

Quote from: SO6597 on January 31, 2023, 10:41:52 PMLooks like the new route may be getting tested, this evening a 46 turned right onto Alcester Rd South and left at Howard Rd East, turning round at the roundabout on Wheelers Lane/Haunch Lane and returning the same way.
I can't imagine they would test it in passenger service, as it should be following the registered and timetabled route/stops and at present that it is that it starts/finishes at Bishop Challoner School.
And if you look at the tracking for that vehicle it also took the wrong route in Brandwood following the 35 route.
36482 - MX12 GCK – Stagecoach Midlands – bustimes.org

Neither is it helpful for any passengers who could have potentially been waiting at the stop/stops missed out and wondering why their bus hasn't turned up.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Trident 4194

Saturday afternoon it took a 46 20 minutes to get round kings Heath. The service desperately needs a timetable change or a re routing 

Justin Tyme

The 46 route change looks to be official.

The Upcoming Bus Service Changes on the TfWM website now shows a change from 26 January: "Amendment to route with service now serving Weoley Castle Square".

Also, the 46 route map on the Stagecoach website (https://www.stagecoachbus.com/routes/midlands/46/qe-hospital-kings-heath/xlao046.i) now shows the same, following the former 48 route between Gibbins Road and Swarthmore Road.

MasterPlan

Quote from: Justin Tyme on February 01, 2023, 09:00:40 PMThe 46 route change looks to be official.

The Upcoming Bus Service Changes on the TfWM website now shows a change from 26 January: "Amendment to route with service now serving Weoley Castle Square".

Also, the 46 route map on the Stagecoach website (https://www.stagecoachbus.com/routes/midlands/46/qe-hospital-kings-heath/xlao046.i) now shows the same, following the former 48 route between Gibbins Road and Swarthmore Road.

Common sense has prevailed then.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Straightlines

Quote from: MasterPlan on February 01, 2023, 09:36:55 PMCommon sense has prevailed then.
Quote from: Justin Tyme on February 01, 2023, 09:00:40 PMThe 46 route change looks to be official.

Another masterclass in planning good local bus services by TfWM! 

Some of the flags in the Olton/Lyndon area have changed again from showing 58 and A15/A16 to just showing A15 and A16. Second attempt it appears for these. How many attempts will it take to get it right?
Same on the Coventry Road 58 removed but A9 not added.

Not a single flag enroute between Whitefields Road and Yardley Yew Tree has A9 on the flag yet, 5 weeks in to it operating.
Also the stop at Monkspath Hall Road, Princes Way has a new timetable for the 169/A3 but A9 isn't on there.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BBS

QuoteSome of the flags in the Olton/Lyndon area have changed again from showing 58 and A15/A16 to just showing A15 and A16. Second attempt it appears for these. How many attempts will it take to get it right?
Same on the Coventry Road 58 removed but A9 not added.

Not a single flag enroute between Whitefields Road and Yardley Yew Tree has A9 on the flag yet, 5 weeks in to it operating.
Also the stop at Monkspath Hall Road, Princes Way has a new timetable for the 169/A3 but A9 isn't on there.
I wonder who's making these flags and if their aware of all the changes 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Stu

Quote from: BBS on February 03, 2023, 12:37:56 PMI wonder who's making these flags and if their aware of all the changes
It will be a company contracted to TfWM, and they just print the flags from the data provided to them by TfWM.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Stu on February 03, 2023, 12:59:26 PMIt will be a company contracted to TfWM, and they just print the flags from the data provided to them by TfWM.
Out of interest what happens to the old flags? Are they stacked up in field somewhere or do they get recycled?

Stu

Quote from: Sandy Lane on February 03, 2023, 04:32:03 PMOut of interest what happens to the old flags? Are they stacked up in field somewhere or do they get recycled?
It is just a piece of printed adhesive vinyl applied to the metal flag. They either peel off the old one, or just stick the new one over it.

The flag itself is not changed.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Stu on February 03, 2023, 09:17:29 PMIt is just a piece of printed adhesive vinyl applied to the metal flag. They either peel off the old one, or just stick the new one over it.

The flag itself is not changed.

Didn't know that. Thks.

Jack6101

Quote from: Sandy Lane on February 03, 2023, 04:32:03 PMOut of interest what happens to the old flags? Are they stacked up in field somewhere or do they get recycled?
Sometimes you can tell they've been used else where 
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

MW

TfWM have been out observing in Solihull the past week, in the town centre and along Lode Lane. 

Usual service for the A9 today though... A passenger was complaining to Stagecoach drivers that his A9 didn't show up, and he'd been waiting over an hour.

He wanted answers but wasn't getting them, so I asked him what time and what stop. 

Turns out that his bus went past his stop (Widney, Kingsbrook Drive) 13 minutes early. Upon looking at the tracking, it also turns out that this specific vehicle went down an alternative route between Blythe Valley and Solihull completely missing out Cheswick Green and failing to observe multiple timing points.

https://bustimes.org/services/a9-kinghurst-blyth-valley-park/vehicles?date=2023-02-05#journeys/379524420

This seems to be a regular occurrence (buses running early, if they're running at all)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk