News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike K

Quote from: mesub on December 15, 2022, 08:08:29 PMI thought they were going to start debranding all of them for a similar reason to why they debranded the X1/2 (apart from the interworking, since they are branded for both routes)
I think the reasons cited for the X1 and X2 buses being de-branded, in addition to the fact that the routes inter-worked and therefore branded buses were on the wrong route half of the time, was that as a high mileage route, X1 buses have a comparatively harder life than buses on more local routes. As in an X1 bus will cover a lot more miles on a full day's service on the X1/2 than a bus on the 23/24 will. 

Other operators face similar challenges - Go North East regularly changes or upgrades the vehicles on its X10 Newcastle to Middlesbrough service as they have much harder life than the rest of their fleet. 

MasterPlan

6889 displaying Merry Christmas on its blind on Colemore Row this morning. First one of those I've seem this year.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Caught 7527 on the X2 to Blossomfield this morning. Was unusually nice and quiet today, only a few people on it. As don't think some of the schools/colleges have gone back yet. Tomorrow might be different I think.
Looking at bus times as well its been a very long time since this bus last tracked to.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Quote from: mesub on December 13, 2022, 09:13:57 PMIt's the same for the 822, always showing "King Edwards"
It is good to see this appears to have been resolved. I saw 6825 displaying "Yardley Swan Island" this afternoon.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

mesub

QuoteIt is good to see this appears to have been resolved. I saw 6825 displaying "Yardley Swan Island" this afternoon.

Ah, excellent. Considering the 822 only runs to Harborne now, I'm sure they would have updated that too.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

A new driver now does the morning 877/60 duty as of January 2023. And can't really blame the driver when he obviously hasn't had proper route training. But a few points really need reinforcing as i've seen a few complaints about this, this week.
1. Service is open to the general public as are all services at BC.
2. Service calls at all stops on the Coventry Road, Hobs Moat Road, Lode Lane, then goes round the back of Solihull Town Centre. Then calls at all Blossomfield stops - Solihull Swimming Baths, Solihull College, Alderbrook School, Dingle Lane Blossomfield Schools & St Peters as per the stops on the timetable and route map.
877 - Yardley - Sheldon - St. Peter's RC School – National Express West Midlands – bustimes.org

I had this conversation with him this morning on 7525 as he didn't seem to know either of the above points, and appeared to think its a closed door service. But a lot of people use this service, and not everyone would be able to have that conversation with him.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Westy

Quote from: 2206 on January 06, 2023, 10:05:46 AMA new driver now does the morning 877/60 duty as of January 2023. And can't really blame the driver when he obviously hasn't had proper route training. But a few points really need reinforcing as i've seen a few complaints about this, this week.
2. Service calls at all stops on the Coventry Road, Hobs Moat Road, Lode Lane, then goes round the back of Solihull Town Centre. Then calls at all Blossomfield stops - Solihull Swimming Baths, Solihull College, Alderbrook School, Dingle Lane Blossomfield Schools & St Peters as per the stops on the timetable and route map.
877 - Yardley - Sheldon - St. Peter's RC School – National Express West Midlands – bustimes.org

I had this conversation with him this morning on 7525 as he didn't seem to know either of the above points, and appeared to think its a closed door service. But a lot of people use this service, and not everyone would be able to have that conversation with him.

To be fair, would the average punter use a school service, unless they really had to?

I've seen the 159 school service in Bloxwich that came from St Francis Of Assisi in Aldridge, which does shadow the Bloxwich Road services down to Leamore & that is normally rammed with the little darlings.

Presumably I wouldn't be let on anyway,  even if I wanted to catch it, which I don't!

Quite a few people catch them for convenience, timing/routing suited to their journey. With 877 it often gets students/children catching it to Blossomfield as well. Often i've seen  people catch it to the hospital even and walk into the town centre rather than wait for the 72/X2. The regular driver who drove it for months before Christmas at least used to let everyone on it and served all stops, which is as advertised to.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

mesub

QuoteA new driver now does the morning 877/60 duty as of January 2023. And can't really blame the driver when he obviously hasn't had proper route training. But a few points really need reinforcing as i've seen a few complaints about this, this week.

I'm sure you have already, but have you written to customer support about it?
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield

mesub

QuoteIt is good to see this appears to have been resolved. I saw 6825 displaying "Yardley Swan Island" this afternoon.

Looks like it has been resolved for the 822 as well, was able to see it today with the Harborne blind.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield

94/95 currently experiencing delays as a result of temporary traffic lights at Saltley and then another set at Washwood Heath. 4917 got to the fox & goose 23 minutes down.
4917 - BK63 YWC – National Express West Midlands – bustimes.org

Was the same yesterday afternoon on there.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MK

Quote from: 2206 on January 13, 2023, 11:14:01 AM94/95 currently experiencing delays as a result of temporary traffic lights at Saltley and then another set at Washwood Heath. 4917 got to the fox & goose 23 minutes down.
4917 - BK63 YWC – National Express West Midlands – bustimes.org

Was the same yesterday afternoon on there.
I got stuck in this last night. Upon leaving the City Centre, it took 50 minutes to travel to the Fox & Goose. This is just not sustainable for me, or i suspect for Bus Companies trying to run a service. I gather that it's supposed to be the same for another week. One to avoid, i think.

Quote from: MK on January 13, 2023, 12:19:23 PMI got stuck in this last night. Upon leaving the City Centre, it took 50 minutes to travel to the Fox & Goose. This is just not sustainable for me, or i suspect for Bus Companies trying to run a service. I gather that it's supposed to be the same for another week. One to avoid, i think.

94/95 are now diverting Heartlands Parkway, Aston Church Road until further notice/traffic lights are removed. It was great that these were now more reliable again today.  Was blue ex coventry 4883 I caught as well.

PB 14/8 continuing to serve Saltley/Alum Rock, due to having to alternate route and passengers on those services will need to allow extra time for their journey, as they're likely to experience heavy delays over the next few days. Looking at bus times 4854 on the 14 is 2 hours down tonight.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Gareth

Where they miss out on the delays at Saltley, they get caught up at the temporary three way lights on Aston Church Road and again around the corner on Washwood Heath Road.

Quote from: Gareth on January 14, 2023, 07:02:22 PMWhere they miss out on the delays at Saltley, they get caught up at the temporary three way lights on Aston Church Road and again around the corner on Washwood Heath Road.
The ones on Aston Church Road this morning and afternoon weren't as bad, as the congestion with the one at Saltley I went through yesterday. We only had a brief wait then went through.
The closure of the nearby Duddeston Mill Road  at the bridge as well can't be helping the congestion situation in the Saltley and Alum Rock areas to.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk