News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

11A/C to be split up?

Started by metrocity, June 16, 2021, 07:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveminor

The change is happening was confirmed during an omnibus society audience with David Bradford yesterday

MW

Perhaps the transfer of E400MMC to PB is a clue, although if there's shortages of Euro 6 deckers and with the Wolverhampton ULEZ / Euro 6 requirements impending (whenever that is!), we may yet again see the cascades of heaps on what is or will become the Outer Circle.

On a side note, E400MMC are allowed on the 8A/8C too aren't they?

BK63 YWP

Quote from: MW on June 17, 2021, 01:24:14 PM
Perhaps the transfer of E400MMC to PB is a clue, although if there's shortages of Euro 6 deckers and with the Wolverhampton ULEZ / Euro 6 requirements impending (whenever that is!), we may yet again see the cascades of heaps on what is or will become the Outer Circle.

On a side note, E400MMC are allowed on the 8A/8C too aren't they?

If the route is being split and Perry barr is having one of the split routes surely PB will have to lose a route or two to another garage to make room for more buses. It is an interesting development on a route that has been running for over 100 years. It's a shame it's come to splitting it but with traffic hotspots getting worse it does effect the 11 big time.

Don't think doubles are allowed on the 8A/C
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

ellspurs

There's a bridge on the 8A/C route that's 14' 3" (Highgate Road).

Sh4318

Quote from: BK63 YWP on June 17, 2021, 01:32:21 PM
If the route is being split and Perry barr is having one of the split routes surely PB will have to lose a route or two to another garage to make room for more buses. It is an interesting development on a route that has been running for over 100 years. It's a shame it's come to splitting it but with traffic hotspots getting worse it does effect the 11 big time.

Has it been confirmed which garage(s) will be operated the new routes?
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Sh4318 on June 17, 2021, 01:51:18 PM
Has it been confirmed which garage(s) will be operated the new routes?

Nope hasn't been confirmed but using Perry Barr as an example
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Tony

Quote from: BK63 YWP on June 17, 2021, 03:06:09 PM
Nope hasn't been confirmed but using Perry Barr as an example

Where has this moving to another garage even come from?

It is going nowhere and staying at AG

Quote from: BK63 YWP on June 17, 2021, 01:32:21 PM

Platinums and 61XX at Perry Barr fit under the bridge, its been confirmed in the past. But PB strictly allocate Omnilinks to it.
PB probably wouldn't have enough double deckers for it anyway at present, as they are all needed elsewhere.
Quote from: MW on June 17, 2021, 01:24:14 PM
I guess the transfer is more to do with shortage of compliant double deckers at PB for 94, 65, 67, etc. With Gemini moving out of PB for non City Centre routes, 1/1A, 11, 72 etc.
I was on 6148 on the 94 this afternoon and its still got the notice about it being "cleaned every night by the local Acocks Green cleaning team" in it
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Sh4318

Quote from: 2206 on June 17, 2021, 03:38:38 PM
Platinums and 61XX at Perry Barr fit under the bridge, its been confirmed in the past. But PB strictly allocate Omnilinks to it.
PB probably wouldn't have enough double deckers for it anyway at present, as they are all needed elsewhere.I guess that is more to do with the transfer is more to do with shortage of compliant double deckers at PB for 94, 65, 67, etc. With Gemini moving out to PB for non city routes, 1, 11, etc.
I was on 6148 on the 94 this afternoon and its still got the notice about it being "cleaned every night by the local Acocks Green cleaning team" in it

It's just transferred, and I guess removing stickers isn't too high priority at the moment

I got on 4526 on the 12 last month and it still had the same notice
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Steve3229vp

I'm seeing all these comments on here about the Outer Circle being split and I'm still not convinced it's going to be a straight forward split just to create 2 new routes. I'm wondering if this is a temporary solution due to traffic levels due to LTN's in Kings Heath and the roadworks in Perry Barr. If so then the routes will still be numbered 11 right ?

Quote from: Steve3229vp on June 17, 2021, 06:52:52 PM
I'm seeing all these comments on here about the Outer Circle being split and I'm still convinced it's going to be a straight forward split just to create 2 new routes. I'm wondering if this is a temporary solution due to traffic levels due to LTN's in Kings Heath and the roadworks in Perry Barr. If so then the routes will still be numbered 11 right ?
2 seperate numbers for 2 routes would make sense possibly? 10 & 11?

There is the WB 10 already but I doubt that route is very well known so you could give that another number anyway.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

As has been pointed out already, there are NO new registrations or variations for the 11A/C logged with DVSA.

It seems to me a lot of people are getting carried away and over-reacting to some speculation that has been thrown out there.

Quote from: Tony on June 17, 2021, 03:35:47 PM
Where has this moving to another garage even come from?

It is going nowhere and staying at AG
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Westy

Just imagine the publicity it would get, as it's a famous route!

metrocity

Quote from: Stu on June 17, 2021, 08:08:24 PM
As has been pointed out already, there are NO new registrations or variations for the 11A/C logged with DVSA.

It seems to me a lot of people are getting carried away and over-reacting to some speculation that has been thrown out there.
Why would the NXWM Managing Director speculate about this?

Quote from: metrocity on June 17, 2021, 10:24:59 PM
Details Attached
Seems odd the map doesn't show the red line as continuing to Acocks Green Village and it finishes at the depot. Maybe the map isn't 100% accurate on that I guess?

Also another question is as the red route isn't coming from Fox & Goose like the 11's all currently do, that'd mean it won't be able to serve the current stop in Erdington won't it, the one on Wood End Road? Which stop will it use in Erdington? As if you have a situation where some services towards Perry Barr use one stop and others use another, surely not very good, so i'm guessing both routes would have to serve the same stop.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk