News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

11A/C to be split up?

Started by metrocity, June 16, 2021, 07:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metrocity

Quote from: Trident 4194 on June 15, 2021, 07:48:33 PM
The 11A/11C is definitely one of the crappest services I've ever had to travel on in terms of reliability
The route gets split into two from 4th July

MW

Quote from: metrocity on June 16, 2021, 07:32:12 PM

Operated by Perry Barr by any chance? Quite a few drivers are saying it now. They're still saying the 4 is moving to YW too due to Electric Charging points.

Stu

Quote from: MW on June 16, 2021, 07:40:15 PM
They're still saying the 4 is moving to YW too due to Electric Charging points.

Why would a route that doesn't use electric vehicles have to move to another garage because 'charging points'?  ::)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on June 16, 2021, 08:01:23 PM
Why would a route that doesn't use electric vehicles have to move to another garage because 'charging points'?  ::)

And no more electric buses anywhere near coming for Birmingham. All the electrics on order are for Coventry as announced.

Gareth

Quote from: MW on June 16, 2021, 07:40:15 PM
Operated by Perry Barr by any chance? Quite a few drivers are saying it now. They're still saying the 4 is moving to YW too due to Electric Charging points.

The 4 isn't electric, so doesn't need electric charging points. And I doubt there's any room at PB for even half of the 11.

*edit* I posted as others were being posted. But there doesn't seem to be a delete button anymore 🤔

Where are they splitting it?
So it will be one route Acocks Green to Perry Barr via Erdington & Ward End and another Acocks Green to Perry Barr via Selly Oak, Harborne, Bearwood, Handsworth or something else?

If they're splitting the 11 up, wonder whether the 8 could be next as well, as it would be the only large circular route left.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MW

When I say "they" I'm quoting drivers gossip, referring to a post I made on the subject a few weeks ago lol. We all know drivers gossip is exactly that, gossip.

Steve3229vp

I'm not convinced by this

metrocity

Quote from: 2206 on June 16, 2021, 08:20:40 PM
Where are they splitting it?
So it will be one route Acocks Green to Perry Barr via Erdington & Ward End and another Acocks Green to Perry Barr via Selly Oak, Harborne, Bearwood, Handsworth or something else?

If they're splittig the 11 up, wander whether the 8 could be next as well, as it would be the only large circular route left.
Erdington - Acocks Green via Bearwood
Perry Barr - Acocks Green via Erdington

don

Quote from: metrocity on June 16, 2021, 09:07:20 PM
Erdington - Acocks Green via Bearwood
Perry Barr - Acocks Green via Erdington
Is that the lot? Leaving some lengths unserved in each direction.

This sounds bonkers to me, surely reliability could be improved by increasing key short workings in the peaks (as was done in BCT and WMPTE days?)
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

metrocity

Quote from: don on June 16, 2021, 09:43:14 PM

This sounds bonkers to me, surely reliability could be improved by increasing key short workings in the peaks (as was done in BCT and WMPTE days?)
Nothing is unserved but passengers will need to change buses in some instances.

Quote from: metrocity on June 16, 2021, 09:49:05 PM
Nothing is unserved but passengers will need to change buses in some instances.
What are the new service numbers? And so is Erdington to Perry Barr going to be every 4 minutes then and all journeys operating end to end?

For such a big change they should have it up on the website well in advance in my opinion, but nothing approaching 2 weeks prior to 4th July?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BBS

I'm guessing drivers said that.
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

mikestone

VOSA search doesn't show any change.

Trident 4194

Quote from: don on June 16, 2021, 09:43:14 PM

The route is broken and desperately needs fixing. Even off peak the service is a disgrace. The problem is the 11 travels through too many heavily congested areas and due to how busy the service gets, it's practically impossible to get time back whilst running in service.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk