News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Unreliable routes in Birmingham

Started by 2206, June 15, 2021, 05:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wonder what the worst route from Birmingham Garages PB/BC/AG/YW is for unreliability?
I was on 7022 on 8A from Sparkbrook this afternoon, there were 2 other omnilinks in front one with full standing load 7023, 7028, 7022. And also passed 3 Omnilinks together on 8C on Ash Road in Alum Rock area, the front one 1810 with a full standing load.
I guess 8 must be bad with lots of inner city trafffic. As lots of traffic on Ash Road and Golden Hillock Road in Small Heath for instance.

Also 1811 was on the 94 in Ward End.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Trident 4194

The 11A/11C is definitely one of the crappest services I've ever had to travel on in terms of reliability

Jack

The 28, can be up to an hour late and thanks to the drivers going above capacity you'll be standing at a stop for ages during peak times.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on June 15, 2021, 05:37:33 PM
Wander what the worst route from Birmingham Garages PB/BC/AG/YW is for unreliability?

I don't know why you asked this question in the Perry Barr garage thread so I split off into a new topic.

And its wonder, not 'wander'!

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Stu on June 15, 2021, 08:34:55 PM
I don't know why you asked this question in the Perry Barr garage thread so I split off into a new topic.

And its wonder, not 'wander'!
8 is a PB route.
I was going to get off and get the 8 the other way as well, but went across town instead as the app said it'd be 30 minutes before one was due. So reliability seemed pretty bad from what I saw, so I was just wondering.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Busboy105

Quote from: 2206 on June 15, 2021, 05:37:33 PM
Wonder what the worst route from Birmingham Garages PB/BC/AG/YW is for unreliability?
I was on 7022 on 8A from Sparkbrook this afternoon, there were 2 other omnilinks in front one with full standing load 7023, 7028, 7022. And also passed 3 Omnilinks together on 8C on Ash Road in Alum Rock area, the front one 1810 with a full standing load.
I guess 8 must be bad with lots of inner city trafffic. As lots of traffic on Ash Road and Golden Hillock Road in Small Heath for instance.

Also 1811 was on the 94 in Ward End.
Whenever I went to college m, I'd take the 17 (Tile Cross-Birmingham). So unreliable and always full. It's a shame it can't be made double decked because of the low bridges in Tile Cross. If they were enough double deckers, I would swap the 17 and 72 between Garretts Green and Tile Cross and convert the 72 back to single decks.

ellspurs

The 8A/C is going to be rather unreliable at the moment as traffic is coming towards Birmingham then jumping onto the inner ring road to avoid the Clean/Clear Air Zone (the signs as you come in on the A38 say CLEAR and the signs afterwards say CLEAN). Last Thursday I found it quicker to drive through Bordesley and Alum Rock to get to the M6 at J5 than going the ring road/A38M/J6.

The A34 in Newtown within the zone was practically clear of traffic as well.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk