News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Johnsons

Started by jc, May 02, 2012, 06:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dom

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 03, 2021, 12:44:08 PM
Metro decker taken out of service on x20 after taking the tree reflector off in Meriden. Shame the driver got too close to trees

If you could actually drive a bus, you may be able to comment. You have no idea what its like.

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 03, 2021, 01:07:40 PM
Must say those metrodeckers sh*t on the nx platinum brand. Tables inside and everything
Tables would reduce passenger capacity on busy city urban routes. And you'll probably be the first to complain when you can't get on them and its full because they've installed tables inside.
Also maybe they're suited to longer distance and more rural routes where there may be less passengers, but I don't think they're suited to busy Birmingham routes & generally shorter journeys.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

winston

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 03, 2021, 01:07:40 PM
Must say those metrodeckers sh*t on the nx platinum brand. Tables inside and everything

They were cancelled orders for Reading Buses for Greenline work

DD12

I took my first ride on one of the two MetroDeckers recently  --  UPSTAIRS  --   and it was the most tastefully finished bus interior I've seen in over 50 years !! , - high quality, very fashionable seats with integrated (neat) car-style seat belts, and traditional /"retro" flooring, - nice colours !! -

I didn't like the two tables ( - one each side, behind the staircase), because it means having two lots of rear-facing seats,  --  --  when I ride upstairs I want to look at the various views ahead, and don't want eye-contact with passengers in front of me ( - facing the wrong way!).

Also, I was lucky to be able to sit at the front, because further back the high-backed seats made it seem claustrophobic  ("sardine-can job") - although that is probably true of many double-decker coaches (?)
  --  but FOUR skylights in the roof helped to alleviate that feeling.

- nice new "shoe-shop" smell upstairs, too !!
:) 

Trident 4194

Quote from: DD12 on July 04, 2021, 11:40:14 AM
I took my first ride on one of the two MetroDeckers recently  --  UPSTAIRS  --   and it was the most tastefully finished bus interior I've seen in over 50 years !! , - high quality, very fashionable seats with integrated (neat) car-style seat belts, and traditional /"retro" flooring, - nice colours !! -

I didn't like the two tables ( - one each side, behind the staircase), because it means having two lots of rear-facing seats,  --  --  when I ride upstairs I want to look at the various views ahead, and don't want eye-contact with passengers in front of me ( - facing the wrong way!).

Also, I was lucky to be able to sit at the front, because further back the high-backed seats made it seem claustrophobic  ("sardine-can job") - although that is probably true of many double-decker coaches (?)
  --  but FOUR skylights in the roof helped to alleviate that feeling.

- nice new "shoe-shop" smell upstairs, too !!
:)

Definitely the most luxurious vehicle I've ever travelled on. The rear seat facing isn't really an issue as the route doesn't tend to be that busy. Also having tables means families of more than 2 can all sit together

How much is a solihull station - catherine de barnes single or return ticket?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

ellspurs

Quote from: 2206 on August 12, 2021, 05:43:49 PM
How much is a solihull station - catherine de barnes single or return tickett?

Here's the fare table for the X20.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on August 12, 2021, 05:43:49 PM
How much is a solihull station - catherine de barnes single or return tickett?

Standard Network West Midlands area fares. So, £2.40.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

I caught a 21 plate E200 MMC from Carrs Lane to Stratford and back today, I think YX21RTZ, was a nice route as well. I noticed the timetables in Warwickshire made no reference to the service operating as the X50 today as they said X20 on them.
Stagecoach put up flags for X18 on Evasham Road I noticed which is good as at least one flag somewhere on the X50 route in Warwickshire didn't have any services listed on it. Is there any ticket information for the X18 service as well?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on September 12, 2021, 03:09:32 PM
Stagecoach put up flags for X18 on Evasham Road I noticed which is good as at least one flag somewhere on the X50 route in Warwickshire didn't have any services listed on it. Is there any ticket information for the X18 service as well?

Have a look on Stagecoach's website, or ask in the correct forum board please.
My locals:

Kevin

Quote from: 2206 on September 12, 2021, 03:09:32 PM
I caught a 21 plate E200 MMC from Carrs Lane to Stratford and back today, I think YX21RTZ, was a nice route as well. I noticed the timetables in Warwickshire made no reference to the service operating as the X50 today as they said X20 on them.

Most of the X50 bus stops at the southern end (Stratford - Chipping Norton) only show 50 on the flags. If I remember rightly, the timetables show Johnson's journeys with a note saying these are X50. Think the Warwickshire bit North of Stratford is similar. At the end of the day it's the same route for those bits so doesn't matter
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

stephen ford

Surprised this has not been mentioned on London bus group it states national express have taken over Johnsons and whittles.

Stu

Quote from: stephen ford on September 18, 2021, 09:50:19 AM
Surprised this has not been mentioned on London bus group it states national express have taken over Johnsons and whittles.

Any source for this?
My locals:

metrocity

Quote from: stephen ford on September 18, 2021, 09:50:19 AM
I am surprised that enthusiasts are being informed over shareholders..

ellspurs

I went to the forum and found this: 

QuoteJohnson's of Henley-in-Arden and subsidiary Whittle's Coaches of Kidderminster have been taken over by National Express.

Source: Bus News, week 18/09/21 (Londonstransport Google group)

https://tangytango.proboards.com/thread/10377/ceased-bus-companies?page=13&scrollTo=655880

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk