News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Johnsons

Started by jc, May 02, 2012, 06:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bususer28

Quote from: danny on September 19, 2021, 02:04:25 PM
Guys on one of my days off I'd like to try and catch one of the metro city DDs anyone know if there allocated to a specific route or is it just pot luck
I mean your best chance is stand in Solihull waiting for the X20 in either direction and use bustimes to track it.

Solo1

Could be on any service yea it's been on X20 but check bus times to.see what services they are on

Quote from: bususer28 on September 19, 2021, 07:02:40 PM
I mean your best chance is stand in Solihull waiting for the X20 in either direction and use bustimes to track it.
Could go to Stratford and check bus times, as there are a few more routes at Stratford they could be on, as they run more routes there. X20 has some interworking with some of the services that run south of Stratford I believe aswell, so might not stay on there all day.

When I caught the X20 yesterday I had a E200 both ways, the white 67 plate one and a Johnsons livery one the other way and its hourly, so you could be waiting a while in Solihull.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: danny on September 19, 2021, 02:04:25 PM
Guys on one of my days off I'd like to try and catch one of the metro city DDs anyone know if there allocated to a specific route or is it just pot luck

It does seem to be a bit 'hit and miss', but this is where BusTimes is your friend  ;)
https://bustimes.org/operators/johnsons-excelbus/vehicles

YJ50EWD hasn't been used since 9th September, so is presumably off the road for some reason.

The other one, YJ50EWC, apart from a day on the 150 on Friday, seems to do a few trips on the X20, before switching onto the 50/50A, then the 3 and X7.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on September 19, 2021, 09:23:01 AM

If a PLC takes over another operator they announce it to the stock exchange and shareholders.

National Express have not made any such announcements, so have not taken over anybody

By the looks of it @Tony , because Johnson coaches are now taking part in the pre-packaged coach holidays on the National Express website, people are assuming that National Express have taken over Johnsons.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on September 19, 2021, 08:16:12 PM
By the looks of it @Tony , because Johnson coaches are now taking part in the pre-packaged coach holidays on the National Express website, people are assuming that National Express have taken over Johnsons.

Johnson's also run Amazon services under contract to NX, and NX used Johnson's toilet drop when they ran the JLR

ellspurs

Quote from: Stu on September 19, 2021, 08:00:06 PM
It does seem to be a bit 'hit and miss', but this is where BusTimes is your friend  ;)
https://bustimes.org/operators/johnsons-excelbus/vehicles

YJ50EWD hasn't been used since 9th September, so is presumably off the road for some reason.

The other one, YJ50EWC, apart from a day on the 150 on Friday, seems to do a few trips on the X20, before switching onto the 50/50A, then the 3 and X7.

EWC is currently on an X20 on its way to Solihull, on Solihull Road.

Edit: It appears to have spent most of its time today on the Park and Ride in Stratford.

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: Stu on September 19, 2021, 08:00:06 PM

In for repairs at the moment. Timescale not known.   :o

Justin Tyme

Johnsons have posted a news item to confirm that the business is NOT being sold, and will continue as a family concern: -

https://www.johnsonscoaches.co.uk/news/312/we-are-and-will-continue-to/

Kevin

Johnsons have re-cast their South Warwickshire services from 25th October -->clicky<--
Interesting that they've merged the weird timetable of the 6/7/50A and the 77/77A into a more sensible arrangement, and from a personal point I'm happy they're providing better links to Banbury
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

mikestone

I was sitting on a train at Banbury the other day while they sorted a signalling problem and idly perusing travelinemidlands (which I see is no more) for the possibility of bailing out what poor inter-urban connections it had.

Kevin

Quote from: mikestone on October 07, 2021, 09:40:40 PM
I was sitting on a train at Banbury the other day while they sorted a signalling problem and idly perusing travelinemidlands (which I see is no more) for the possibility of bailing out what poor inter-urban connections it had.

To the rest of Oxfordshire and out to Brackley it's alright, but yeah north and west connections are a bit crappy here. Shame really but I've got the train for anything that direction I suppose
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Justin Tyme

The trouble is that Banbury is quite an isolated town.  Stratford and Leamington are both about 20 miles away, with few well-heeled villages in between.

Bus services north from Banbury have never been good, but believe it or not they are better than they were twenty years ago.

I hope Johnsons continue to send the occasional double decker to Banbury.  I managed a ride on an Enviro 400 on the X20 to Stratford and then the 50A to Banbury one day in the summer - the scenery was glorious.

Trident 4194

Do Johnson's sell like an all day ticket for their own network including X20?

Solo1

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk