News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Shortest bus route in the West Midlands?

Started by Stu, December 06, 2021, 08:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

I think it would be hard to beat the 27S school service from Kings Heath Boys School to Kings Heath.

https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/services-timetables/27s-kings-heath-boys-school-kings-heath

Has a running time of 8 minutes and serves five stops.

Seems quite pointless really, as the 27 and 76 already go to Kings Heath high street, and most of its stops must be within walking distance of the school.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BK63 YWP

The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Steveminor

Service 75 short workings between international station and the business park round trip of 15 minutes

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

danny

Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Jack

Quote from: danny on December 07, 2021, 07:54:51 PM
WB 46 Pretty short for am end to end route
30 mins end to end = 1 hour round trip.
WB 44 is very short in comparison!

I love Walsall buses

If you count the 29 route from Walsall - Blakenall thats only around 10-12 minutes

Raedwald

The WN11's a fairly short round trip, especially if it's turned short at the Scotlands when the cherubs are out and about
Local Routes:
NXWM 9, 50, 59, 69, CRDR 70, 71, DIAM 57, TEXP 65
ARHE 8, FESX 68, 86, 174, 175, S8

Wumpty

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on December 07, 2021, 11:11:44 PM
If you count the 29 route from Walsall - Blakenall thats only around 10-12 minutes
Walsall Community Transport's 26 service is on par with this too.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Ginger66

was the 'birmingham hopper bus' not sure the route number but it operated between Snow Hill to markets via new street the shortest route

MW

Quote from: Ginger66 on December 08, 2021, 07:07:10 PM
was the 'birmingham hopper bus' not sure the route number but it operated between Snow Hill to markets via new street the shortest route

Stationlink?

https://flic.kr/p/jk9iV

DJ

Quote from: Ginger66 on December 08, 2021, 07:07:10 PM

I'm not sure if it had a number, but it was branded as 'Stationlink' when ran with the Solos, I think Zak's operated it at one point. I also recall TWM and later Pete's running a 77 service in the early 2000s that had a similar role.

It wouldn't work nowadays, with the Metro (when it's running) linking Snow Hill and New Street, and the Eastside extension also serving Curzon Street, along with a lot of the roads it would've used being pedestrianised or used for the Metro.

Another contender for the shortest route, if you can count it, would be the one Banga ran to replace the Stourbridge Town branch line, but I guess a rail replacement service doesn't count.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

danny

It's interesting as our perceptions of what is deemed as a short route are all different.... are we talking miles, or time taken to transverse the route...
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

PB2938

WA

70A 30 minutes round trip

36 30 minute round trip

7E Aldridge 40 Minute round trip
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

Tony

Quote from: PB2938 on February 01, 2022, 08:52:54 PM
WA

70A 30 minutes round trip

36 30 minute round trip