News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Shortest bus route in the West Midlands?

Started by Stu, December 06, 2021, 08:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Tony on February 01, 2022, 08:59:48 PM
Walsall's shortes route was the 999

WA 29 around 25 mins round trip

For reference what was the 999 route

Westy

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on February 01, 2022, 09:11:57 PM
WA 29 around 25 mins round trip

For reference what was the 999 route

Walsall to Manor Hospital only.

Later renumbered 350 & interworked with the 351, which, if you looked at the back of the bus & maybe the side as well, the 1 & 0 were angled, so it was neither one or the other!

Not the only interworked route that did this!

Obviously faded away with the roller blinds!

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Westy on February 01, 2022, 09:22:22 PM
Walsall to Manor Hospital only.

Later renumbered 350 & interworked with the 351, which, if you looked at the back of the bus & maybe the side as well, the 1 & 0 were angled, so it was neither one or the other!

Not the only interworked route that did this!

Obviously faded away with the roller blinds!
Thanks for that i remember a 991 with i think Midland but never knew about the 999 so appreciate that

karl724223

Pensnett 10A/10C. 25 min run each way out five hours a day Monday to Friday only

Jack

The 628 which briefly replaced the 28A between Perry Beeches/Old Oscott to Perry Barr One Stop between 2010 and 2011 was very short. Didn't run for long pretty sure it was a 30 minute round trip.

Another one was the 425 which was Scott Arms to Hamstead if I remember correctly, no longer than 20 minutes each way.

DJ

I'm not sure what the exact timings were, but I reckon the 1X that Banga ran to replace the Stourbridge Shuttle would've been a contender.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Jack

Quote from: DJ on February 02, 2022, 12:24:18 PM
I'm not sure what the exact timings were, but I reckon the 1X that Banga ran to replace the Stourbridge Shuttle would've been a contender.
Does Wolverhampton still have the 500 (Market Bus) running, that isn't long at all...

Wumpty

Quote from: Jack on February 02, 2022, 12:48:26 PM
Does Wolverhampton still have the 500 (Market Bus) running, that isn't long at all...
Alas not.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

I think A1/A2 do a full round tirp of both in an hour, half an hour each. Using 1 mellor minibus between them.

Another short one I think is 5 Tamworth - Kerria, in Staffordshire though.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Ginger66

was the showground bus from west bromwich to sandwell valley the 400 this was a short route as it was a drop and pick up at the valley.

Westy

What about the old Brum Centrebus?

(And while I'm at it, the short lived Walsall one!)

BrumKev86

S16 Claribel Yardley Swan Shopping Centre to Solihull via Lyndon is only 25 mins each way
Grew up in Great Barr, now living in North Somerset

Sandy Lane

Way back in time Coventry there was a Pool Meadow - Broadgate - Station route. About 1 mile and ran every 10 mins.  Could be done sometimes in 7 mins. PVR of 2.

sonic84

Back in the days of Ludlows, the 006 was around a 20-25 round trip from Halesowen to the Squirrels Estate.

The old 609 evening service between Halesowen and Hayleu Green was only 20 minute round trip.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk