News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

10A to Lichfield from 22nd of July

Started by Michael Bevan, June 10, 2018, 05:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: paulb1973 on June 12, 2018, 01:30:02 PM
Its a fair old way too, around 12 miles - with not much in between Coventry and Rugby. Bedworth, Leamington and Kenilworth etc are a bit nearer!

WMPTE used to go out as far as Brandon at certain times!

John Stait

I remember the 4 going out to Brandon!

JPC

Quote from: John Stait on June 13, 2018, 04:50:45 PM
I remember the 4 going out to Brandon!

Yes in 1994 for a few years and some time before that Brandon had the limited peak 44 service extended there (only found that out recently when such timetable was seen on eBay) obviously it didn't last long either.
In the other direction the 3 went to Bedworth (via current Stagecoach 56 route), one wonders if they had put the resources into extending 20 to Nuneaton instead their rewards might have been reaped?

Bob

Quote from: Steve3229vp on June 11, 2018, 06:21:40 AM
Running the X51 to Cannock all day would end in disaster, the X51 is very popular and what would happen is that buses from Cannock would get held up on there way to Walsall leaving passengers with long waits to get to Birmingham which would also lead to longer waits in Birmingham for passengers for Walsall, so I think extending the X51 to Cannock all day is a bad idea, Reliability MUST come first. I would run a separate new service from Walsall to Cannock instead.

If NX ran in direct competition with Arriva on the 1 ( maybe not the 2-if you live in landywood/wyrley the trains a better option the sapphire 2 hasnt really been successful) they would wipe the floor with arriva. Even if they offered say a 5 quid return!

Justin Tyme

Quote from: JPC on June 13, 2018, 05:46:51 PM
Yes in 1994 for a few years and some time before that Brandon had the limited peak 44 service extended there (only found that out recently when such timetable was seen on eBay) obviously it didn't last long either.
In the other direction the 3 went to Bedworth (via current Stagecoach 56 route), one wonders if they had put the resources into extending 20 to Nuneaton instead their rewards might have been reaped?

At the time Stagecoach (Midland Red South, Vanguard and G&G) were expanding in Coventry, and the 3, 4 and 44 extensions might have been a bit of retaliation on the part of WMT.  Both Stagecoach and WMT scaled back the competition after a little while.

I have little doubt that Stagecoach would have fought back very hard in Coventry if WMT had extended the 20 to Nuneaton - and that they would do now.

Ally

Quote from: Justin Tyme on June 13, 2018, 10:15:19 PM
At the time Stagecoach (Midland Red South, Vanguard and G&G) were expanding in Coventry, and the 3, 4 and 44 extensions might have been a bit of retaliation on the part of WMT.  Both Stagecoach and WMT scaled back the competition after a little while.

I have little doubt that Stagecoach would have fought back very hard in Coventry if WMT had extended the 20 to Nuneaton - and that they would do now.

I was told by somebody (forget who now and whether true or not, I don't know) that they intended to delve into Nuneaton a little more at one point but they both came to some sort of an informal agreement to stay out of each other's way.
That was in reply to me asking why "Nuneaton, Camp Hill", "Nuneaton, Grove Farm" and "Bedworth, Smorrall Lane" appeared on WMT WT's blinds at the time. Rugby also appears on them but I suspect that was probably for Rail Replacements etc.

I do have a few photos of 3053 displaying the above blinds with SMR routes as a poke at the situation!
~ Alistair (A.K.A. Ally)
~ Originally from Bedworth, Warwickshire. Now residing in Bristol
~ CSA at National Express, Bristol
~ https://www.facebook.com/alistair.transportchat

Bob

Hopefully itll have a detrimental effect on Arriva who despite purchasing new buses for its main 60 route got rid of most of them and now shove anything on there incl ( very) knackered cadets and old darts and tat

Trident 4194

Is the intention to use old vehicles/ heritage vehicles for the first day in service?

John

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 15, 2018, 02:40:04 PM
Is the intention to use old vehicles/ heritage vehicles for the first day in service?

No, that is later on using 4453, 4601 and maybe the Metrobus and Daimler duplicating service buses

Trident 4194

Quote from: John on July 15, 2018, 03:14:48 PM
No, that is later on using 4453, 4601 and maybe the Metrobus and Daimler duplicating service buses

What date was this sorry, I can't find the thread where it was posted

Other Walsall Tony

Quote from: John on July 15, 2018, 03:14:48 PM
4601 is not a heritage vehicle, so could work the route anytime, I suppose. Including the first journey?
Tony

Solo1

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 15, 2018, 03:38:45 PM
What date was this sorry, I can't find the thread where it was posted
I think it was early august  that was mentioned but NOT confirmed at the time if myn memory servers me right

Quote from: Solo1 on July 15, 2018, 05:55:22 PM
I think it was early august  that was mentioned but NOT confirmed at the time if myn memory servers me right
11th August.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Trident 4194

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk