News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

10A to Lichfield from 22nd of July

Started by Michael Bevan, June 10, 2018, 05:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikestone

On Thursday 2115 and 34 branded 1887 were in Lichfield on the 10a - it's a pity the poster advertising it is facing the station, rather than more obviously visible to people coming from the city centre.
;
Someone badly needs to take Lichfield bus station in hand and update and tidy the shelters.

Westy

Quote from: mikestone on August 04, 2018, 09:04:13 PM
On Thursday 2115 and 34 branded 1887 were in Lichfield on the 10a - it's a pity the poster advertising it is facing the station, rather than more obviously visible to people coming from the city centre.
;
Someone badly needs to take Lichfield bus station in hand and update and tidy the shelters.

Is that a District Council or County Council issue?

Last time I went (The final Central Buses day), it was heavily Arriva biased with the publicity, with the odd bit of Midland Classic.

Has both Diamond & Nx managed to get their timetable info in the stands or have they been 'prevented' from doing so?

l.murphy123

Quote from: mikestone on August 04, 2018, 09:04:13 PM
;

It's a Staffordshire thing... look at Cannock for example.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Cheese

Quote from: Westy on August 04, 2018, 11:26:41 PM
Is that a District Council or County Council issue?

Last time I went (The final Central Buses day), it was heavily Arriva biased with the publicity, with the odd bit of Midland Classic.

Has both Diamond & Nx managed to get their timetable info in the stands or have they been 'prevented' from doing so?

District Councils responsible for bus stations in Staffs. Lichfield was going to be getting a new bus station a part of the Friarsgate development but that seems to have gone belly up so don't know what is happening now.

Bob

Quote from: l.murphy123 on August 05, 2018, 01:24:57 AM
It's a Staffordshire thing... look at Cannock for example.

Lichfield has had same shelters since the 1970s. Cannock and Hednesford bus stns also had the same ones from the 1980s to early 2000s

mikestone

I think all the timetables were posted, but in at least some cases, such as the 10a it is neccesary to guess which stop it uses. The 35 stand had prominent service details - which was just as well as both buses noted had paper route numbers on the dash.

Straightlines

https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/news/explore-lichfield-with-our-new-10a-service

According to this article:  'They can also travel to the National Memorial Arboretum'

How? 

It is a 6.7 mile walk from Lichfield Bus Station

Google says a Midland Classic bus goes near from Lichfield, but irregular and a 30 minute walk from the bus stop.

Neither of them seem particularly attractive propositions, especially when you consider the demographic that visit the Memorial Arboretum.

I love Walsall buses

Apparently an enviro 200 on the the 10 yesterday is this true

PB2938

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on August 10, 2018, 01:40:14 AM
Apparently an enviro 200 on the the 10 yesterday is this true

I. Never saw no E200 but 4603 now debranded made an appearance on 10A 1620 Lichfield peak time board
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

Tony

Just confirming that the 10A running day is not happening tomorrow, it has been put back to Saturday 1st September.

Extra buses are now being able to be sourced thanks to the postponement, so expect some surprises to be out in service.

I love Walsall buses

@Tony you were right saw 4597 on the 10A at about 6PM

John

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on August 11, 2018, 10:53:01 PM
@Tony you were right saw 4597 on the 10A at about 6PM

Right about what? It was on the 8 and 89 yesterday. There is one 89 board that does a 10A trip from Walsall at 6.13pm to Burntwood and back to Browhhills before going back to garage

Westy

Quote from: Tony on August 10, 2018, 05:43:29 PM
Just confirming that the 10A running day is not happening tomorrow, it has been put back to Saturday 1st September.

Extra buses are now being able to be sourced thanks to the postponement, so expect some surprises to be out in service.

I asked the same question of Central Buses, when they did their final day, & their answer was yes, but will NX maintain low floor accessability on the 10a, when the vintage buses are out?

(Central did duplicate their RM with a standard vehicle, while the other vehicles that were borrowed from Midland Classic were accessible!)

Tony

Quote from: Westy on August 12, 2018, 10:09:35 AM
but will NX maintain low floor accessability on the 10a, when the vintage buses are out?

Of course they will

l.murphy123

NXWM are even closer to Cannock now... why can't they just stop playing hard to get lol

They could run a Litchfield to Cannock (Arriva 60/61 route)... then Walsall to Cannock (X51 route) on Sundays.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk