News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

10A to Lichfield from 22nd of July

Started by Michael Bevan, June 10, 2018, 05:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Quote from: Smethwickian on August 13, 2018, 10:38:35 PM
From 2 September renumbered 32.

I know. I was refering to the heritage buses day post!

Bob

Ive never really understood why they needlessly and pointlessly change route numbers? What was wrong with 3xx 4xx 5xx????

Smethwickian

Quote from: Bob on August 14, 2018, 08:47:56 PM
Ive never really understood why they needlessly and pointlessly change route numbers? What was wrong with 3xx 4xx 5xx????
Because the dominant operator insists its sooooo much simpler to have four different service 6s, three different service 10s, three 19s and so on within Birmingham and the Black Country.

Straightlines

Quote from: Smethwickian on August 14, 2018, 10:22:53 PM
Because the dominant operator insists its sooooo much simpler to have four different service 6s, three different service 10s, three 19s and so on within Birmingham and the Black Country.

Because some pencil pusher somewhere thinks pretty numbers will solve their woes!

For anyone who says it helps grow patronage you can what nonsense that is within Page 11 of this document: 

metrocity

Quote from: Straightlines on August 14, 2018, 10:46:02 PM
Because some pencil pusher somewhere thinks pretty numbers will solve their woes!

For anyone who says it helps grow patronage you can what nonsense that is within Page 11 of this document: 

Well at least Rail and Metro to a lesser degree have done okay out of it !

dingding

Years ago the company computer system would not allow two services to have the same route number hence the need at the time to introduce the S3 from Yardley Wood.

I suppose times have moved on but there was (and in my view still is) perfect logic in the PTE's application of the Midland Red route numbering system to Black Country routes.

BK63 YWP

Saw a 10A leave Walsall yesterday at 3.50 and it was packed. Is it the quickest out of all the Lichfield bound services?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Cheese

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on August 15, 2018, 12:57:50 PM
Saw a 10A leave Walsall yesterday at 3.50 and it was packed. Is it the quickest out of all the Lichfield bound services?

According to Traveline the 35 is about 16 mins quicker for journeys around that time from Walsall to Lichfield.

Westy

It would be interesting to know how Diamond 35 is doing now.

It would be also interesting to see how the 10a performs during the winter months on a Sunday & also whether it will survive until the next Lichfield Bower.

John

It doesn't mean they were all going to Lichfield

Tony

Walsall classic bus running day - Saturday 1st September

To celebrate the launch of the new service 10A between Walsall and Lichfield and to commemorate the last day of operation of 300 series route numbers in Walsall (the 301 and 302 become the 31 and 32 from 2nd September), we're holding a heritage vehicle running day in Walsall on Saturday 1st September.

Come and join us between 10:00 and 16:00 for free rides on buses of yesteryear.

Classic buses will be running between Walsall and Lichfield on the 10A and between Walsall and Bloxwich on the 301.

We'll also be operating a variety of modern vehicles in different liveries from across the business on the 10 and 10A, including buses in heritage Walsall and Coventry liveries and our recently repainted Pride bus.

Please note that free rides will only be available on heritage buses. Normal fares will be charged on other journeys on the 10, 10A and 301. Some vehicles in use on the day are kindly being provided by private individuals and the Transport Museum, Wythall, and will not be operated by National Express West Midlands. Travel on these vehicles will be at the discretion of the vehicle owner in each case.

Straightlines

Quote from: Tony on August 24, 2018, 12:20:28 PM
to commemorate the last day of operation of 300 series route numbers in Walsall (the 301 and 302 become the 31 and 32 from 2nd September)

It's not the last day of operation of 300 series route numbers as there are still other operators who use them in Walsall.

Tony

Quote from: Straightlines on August 24, 2018, 02:01:58 PM
It's not the last day of operation of 300 series route numbers as there are still other operators who use them in Walsall.

So what?
They are not marking the end of them, National Express are.

Straightlines

Quote from: Tony on August 24, 2018, 02:07:08 PM
So what?
They are not marking the end of them, National Express are.

Indeed... I doubt they would mark the end of something they aren't ending, hence why I said the 3** numbers are not ending yet in Walsall.

Tony

Quote from: Straightlines on August 24, 2018, 02:18:34 PM
Indeed... I doubt they would mark the end of something they aren't ending, hence why I said the 3** numbers are not ending yet in Walsall.

They are on National Express buses

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk