News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

If you had the chance to modify or add any service, what would you do?

Started by Alex, November 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4609

Quote from: Westy on April 20, 2015, 12:54:52 PM
So we are beholden to i54 whether these services continue or not?

316 Ikea bus again!

Except more people are likely to use the bus to a business park as opposed to IKEA. If people across the border start to realise that NX are still cheaper than Arriva, it may take off

Quote from: Westy on April 20, 2015, 12:54:52 PM
So we are beholden to i54 whether these services continue or not?

316 Ikea bus again!

Completely different scenario to Ikea.

You aren't talking about Joe Bloggs struggling to carry a flatpack table on an infrequent bus within a radius of 3 miles.

This has greater potential to carry significant numbers of workers from farther afield, spread across a wider window of operation.

A bit more politically sensitive than Ikea too!

Ashley 60171

One I've pondered for a while

Evening and Sunday services from Wolverhampton to Bridgnorth/Telford. When will Arriva suss out they could make money on it.

Or do other people think the council would slam down the idea?

Trident 4609

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on May 03, 2015, 07:38:18 PM
One I've pondered for a while

Evening and Sunday services from Wolverhampton to Bridgnorth/Telford. When will Arriva suss out they could make money on it.

Or do other people think the council would slam down the idea?

I have always thought it could work. They already trialled a Sunday 890 but was every two hours. Needs to be hourly, even if they run it during the summer months

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Nathan on May 03, 2015, 07:45:19 PM
I have always thought it could work. They already trialled a Sunday 890 but was every two hours. Needs to be hourly, even if they run it during the summer months

It flopped because nobody knew about the Sunday service. I don't recall any posters or media attention at the time, just empty Versas

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Nathan on May 03, 2015, 07:45:19 PM

In summer especially, if Arriva did a through ticket to include the Severn Valley Railway, it could be a nice money maker!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Chris2301

Stourbridge to Walsall reinstated? Was it shortened to dudley for reliability issues?

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Chris2301 on May 03, 2015, 08:13:04 PM
Stourbridge to Walsall reinstated? Was it shortened to dudley for reliability issues?

Yes, traffic congestion was a major factor especially during the major Burnt Tree Ialand works, but i think it has been proved that the 2 services run better seperately.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Westy

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on May 03, 2015, 07:50:14 PM
It flopped because nobody knew about the Sunday service. I don't recall any posters or media attention at the time, just empty Versas

Choice did come up with the 888 from Walsall one year.

Remember the one bus being rammed, with a duplicate operating as far as Perton!

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Westy on May 03, 2015, 11:39:13 PM
Choice did come up with the 888 from Walsall one year.

Remember the one bus being rammed, with a duplicate operating as far as Perton!

Wasn't that only a daytime service?

Westy

GeminiFan1991

I'm OCD somewhat so I'd probably change the 11A/C to resemble a circle as near as possible ! Something that bothers me is that the 11A/C doesn't go to Smethwick, why I don't know but it bothers me, circle would be more complete I suppose,

I'm frequent traveller of the 97 and I would like it to go directly past BC.

These seem irrational but oh well !
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Trident 4194

ChrisF7165

If I was to be able to modifiy services in Dundee, I would get rid of the unpopular Friday timetables (the 2 main routes in Dundee - the 22 which Monday to Thursday is every 8 minutes, and the 28/29 which is every 7/8 minutes over the common section Monday to Thursday, but both drop to every 10 minutes on a Friday afternoon) and return them to the frequencies they run to the rest of the working week.
Chris Forbes

Those were the days ... Working at Acocks Green on the 11A

Sayeed

I would extend 122 to Four Dwellings Academy (through old 443 route). This would save me to change buses and it did had a decent loading when I traveled on daytime
Век живи - век учись

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk