News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Presidents

Started by Solo1, July 01, 2016, 02:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo1

With the president's been withdrawn will we be having
a farewell day to them like they have with other bus types that have been withdrawn &scrapped

GeminiFan1991

Seems quite unlikely !

With the farewell day, they had a few types so I doubt they'd organize such a day for Plaxton Presidents which not everyone has a pleasant opinion.

I, myself thought they weren't that bad. It's probably just me and I know it sounds irrational but I prefer the Plaxtons with the original rectangular lights as opposed to those with the round lights.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Solo1

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on July 01, 2016, 02:40:11 AM
Seems quite unlikely !

With the farewell day, they had a few types so I doubt they'd organize such a day for Plaxton Presidents which not everyone has a pleasant opinion.

I, myself thought they weren't that bad. It's probably just me and I know it sounds irrational but I prefer the Plaxtons with the original rectangular lights as opposed to those with the round lights.
they had a metrobus farewell day

Michael Bevan

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on July 01, 2016, 02:40:11 AM
Seems quite unlikely !

I used to have a dislike towards President's, however I've got to say that in the past 6 months, my opinion has changed! I do love the President's as they're a bit smoother compared to some other types. I also did prefer the rectangular shaped headlights too.

Dom

Quote from: Solo1 on July 01, 2016, 06:42:58 AM

Please don't tell me you're trying to compare the presidents and metrobuses

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Dom on July 01, 2016, 07:26:56 AM
Please don't tell me you're trying to compare the presidents and metrobuses

I don't think anything will be as good as the Metrobus!

Trident 4194

When will they all be withdrawn by?

The Real 4778

Quote from: Solo1 on July 01, 2016, 06:42:58 AM

They also had over a thousand Metrobuses.

Ten times the number of Presidents.
Don't you start.

Tony

Quote from: The Real 4778 on July 01, 2016, 10:13:39 AM
They also had over a thousand Metrobuses.

Ten times the number of Presidents.

And the Metrobuses were the genuine last of a type in service, and the last step entrance double decks.

Plaxton & Alexander were under the same ownership, so although the body is a different shape the B7/ALX are the same chassis with a body from the same stable just a different shape and fitted with a slightly more modern engine

Sh4318

Quote from: Solo1 on July 01, 2016, 02:22:55 AM
With the president's been withdrawn will we be having
a farewell day to them like they have with other bus types that have been withdrawn &scrapped

The Presidents are fantastic buses in most respects, definitely showing their age now. Unless the early Tridents go around the same time as the Presidents, I doubt they'll get a farewell. I know there's just been one but that was for a couple of bus types, not just one
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Sh4318 on July 01, 2016, 06:40:50 PM
The Presidents are fantastic buses in most respects, definitely showing their age now. Unless the early Tridents go around the same time as the Presidents, I doubt they'll get a farewell. I know there's just been one but that was for a couple of bus types, not just one

Maybe not a farewell day, but perhaps on there last day in traffic have a couple on the 11 so that people can have one last decent ride on one?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: Sh4318 on July 01, 2016, 06:40:50 PM

I agree with you there very much @Sh4318 ! They are my favourite NXWM buses and it will be sad to see them go having grew up around them on the YW49 but they are showing there age now.

filbus1

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on July 01, 2016, 06:50:42 PM
I agree with you there very much @Sh4318 ! They are my favourite NXWM buses and it will be sad to see them go having grew up around them on the YW49 but they are showing there age now.
Went for a look in Miller Street today and there are some sad examples there.

B.C Driver

I liked them when we had them at BC.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: filbus1 on July 01, 2016, 07:02:51 PM
Went for a look in Miller Street today and there are some sad examples there.

Are they the fire damaged ones etc Phil or are they newly withdrawn ones?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk