News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Whittles

Started by Tomjusttom, October 23, 2012, 09:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Had 164 on the 192 today. Brilliant bus this, a fast euro3 dart with scarcely a rattle and certainly most passengers would not realise it's coming up to its 12th birthday.

The e200's seem to have more rattles but are pretty fast and were being used on more rural roads on the 125 so perhaps an unfair comparison.

Didn't see a single alx300 out though...

Overall, all the Whittle's buses I caught today were clean, on time, with very polite drivers and passengers were wishing drivers all the best/asking about what's happening with services.

It'll be good to see one operator in a stronger position  with a bigger and better network in an area unsuitable for competition but I think looking back, people will remember Whittle's bus services and speak of them very positively indeed. They've set a high bar for operation on the 125/192 and credit to management, particularly in maintaining quality when they knew they were for sale/potentially being closed down as it's all too easy to give up.

What I really hope is the fantastic drivers and supervisory staff are all able to find jobs in the area and that Johnson's continue the proud Whittle's name with their own trademark quality they're famous in Warwickshire for!

Cedric

Quote from: DiamondDart on December 30, 2014, 08:07:12 PM
Had 164 on the 192 today. Brilliant bus this, a fast euro3 dart with scarcely a rattle and certainly most passengers would not realise it's coming up to its 12th birthday.

The e200's seem to have more rattles but are pretty fast and were being used on more rural roads on the 125 so perhaps an unfair comparison.

Overall, all the Whittle's buses I caught today were clean, on time, with very polite drivers and passengers were wishing drivers all the best/asking about what's happening with services.

It'll be good to see one operator in a stronger position  with a bigger and better network in an area unsuitable for competition but I think looking back, people will remember Whittle's bus services and speak of them very positively indeed. They've set a high bar for operation on the 125/192 and credit to management, particularly in maintaining quality when they knew they were for sale/potentially being closed down as it's all too easy to give up.

What I really hope is the fantastic drivers and supervisory staff are all able to find jobs in the area and that Johnson's continue the proud Whittle's name with their own trademark quality they're famous in Warwickshire for!
wonder if  axl300 have made the journey back to hull , alltough Saturday is the last day of the bus services. if I remember right the deal is supposed to be completed by the 10th  hope the whittle name is kept but using Johnson livery to show that it is a new company .
diamond 8\10/125/292

PM

Quote from: Ced on December 30, 2014, 08:51:55 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on December 30, 2014, 08:07:12 PM

wonder if  axl300 have made the journey back to hull , alltough Saturday is the last day of the bus services. if I remember right the deal is supposed to be completed by the 10th  hope the whittle name is kept but using Johnson livery to show that it is a new company .

I wouldn't be surprised as the op this week won't be running school services or the 2A/C which finished a while back.

Yeah I'm sure they'll keep the name and hopefully the Johnsons livery but with green in place of the yellow/blue.

Solo1

With Johnson's buying the coach
Part of whittle why didn't they buy the bus side
as well

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Solo1 on December 31, 2014, 09:08:24 AM
as well

Oh give them time!!... I'll say give it a year and they'll start operating buses in Kiddy

Cedric

Quote from: Solo1 on December 31, 2014, 09:08:24 AM
as well
because I belive it was only the none Nat/Ex  coach side that was for sale  the bus side  was not put up for sale  by Eyms,   if  anyone else knows different
please feel free to correct me as I am not 100% sure on this.just how I read the press release
do not think there is not enough work for 2 operators on local services .
diamond 8\10/125/292

Cedric

154/155/156/159/164  where  all working today in Kidderminster bus station no sign of the volos
diamond 8\10/125/292

Alex

Probably will, have meant to go for a while to get a Whittles bus
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

Reece

Quote from: Matt on December 31, 2014, 02:13:17 PM
Anyone else making the trip down to Kidder on Saturday for Whittle's last day?

I am Matt I am going to try and cover all of the Whittles services in one day 7, 15, 125 & 192! But not 580 due to it running only twice a day. :)

Trident 4609

I may do. How much is a Child Whittles day ticket?

PM

£8 for those over 19.

Matt there's only two tickets now.

Wyre Forest and Wyre Forest Plus. You can travel on any route with the Wyre Forest Plus for £4 for under 19's and £8 for those over 19.

iamwilljh92

Quote from: DiamondDart on December 31, 2014, 06:46:15 PM
£8 for those over 19.

Wyre Forest and Wyre Forest Plus. You can travel on any route with the Wyre Forest Plus for £4 for under 19's and £8 for those over 19.

No Rob!

£6.00 for a Wyre Forest Plus for an adult anyway

Ashley

Only if the B10BLE's are still active, if not ill be in Stoke

Tara4352

£8 for those over 19.

Do you have to buy a ticket I'm confused or do you get on the bus to kiddy and pay the bus fare or what ?

PM

Quote from: Tara4352 on December 31, 2014, 07:09:38 PM
£8 for those over 19.

Do you have to buy a ticket I'm confused or do you get on the bus to kiddy and pay the bus fare or what ?

Standard procedure for catching a bus applies. Get on, pay driver as on most service buses.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk