News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

what did you pass your PSV/PCV test in?

Started by Wumpty, October 07, 2012, 08:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Quote from: John on January 12, 2014, 07:29:02 AM
Quote from: Mike K on January 11, 2014, 10:28:27 PM
Quote from: John on January 09, 2014, 07:22:58 PM
I apologise bringing back a dead topic, but I passed in 9508

Not been on the forum so much lately so didn't know you'd passed your test John, congratulations. Are you based at Perry Barr now?

Thanks Mike. Yes I am going to Perry Barr next week. It'll be nice to finally get there and start working properly

What, you were fresh from the job centre then?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

John

Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 12, 2014, 05:49:30 PM

No, sorry its the way I worded that  :) I meant that start working properly on the buses, rather than learning to drive them (I know that there is still a way to go before driving service buses in normal service, but it will be nice to actually feel a part of NX). I had another job before starting with NX

Liverpool Street

Quote from: John on January 12, 2014, 05:57:53 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 12, 2014, 05:49:30 PM

No, sorry its the way I worded that  :) I meant that start working properly on the buses, rather than learning to drive them (I know that there is still a way to go before driving service buses in normal service, but it will be nice to actually feel a part of NX). I had another job before starting with NX

Well watch out for red lights or you will be in the job centre!

On the subject anyway, what's the probie/newbie routes at PB?
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

John

Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 12, 2014, 07:00:32 PM

;)

Maybe the 7, 16, 65 and 101, one of the instructors was saying. I am wondering if the 952 may be another. Or I might go onto another rota where another driver is needed

Liverpool Street

Quote from: John on January 12, 2014, 07:14:23 PM

;)

Maybe the 7, 16, 65 and 101, one of the instructors was saying. I am wondering if the 952 may be another. Or I might go onto another rota where another driver is needed

Well you're usually on spares for about 6weeks until they can slot you onto a rota. Obvious its your rota choice so if you want a sought after route, expect to wait!

I thought the 16 might be a good route for you, pretty much dead straight can't make many mistakes..
until it cought fire

Lukeee

The 7 and 65 are pretty easy routes also.

Kevin

Go straight on the 66! In at the deep end...
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

YWDriver

At YW you do a day of buddy driving on each route ( 2 days for the 27 and 49 ) and are put on a new starter list where you are given different bits and pieces. It took about two and a half months and I am now on a proper rota with a mix of mainly the 50 and 6 with other routes thrown in occasionally. Good luck with it all John, I'm sure you will enjoy it !

B.C Driver

4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Mike K

John

Quote from: YWDriver on January 13, 2014, 12:26:24 PM
At YW you do a day of buddy driving on each route ( 2 days for the 27 and 49 ) and are put on a new starter list where you are given different bits and pieces. It took about two and a half months and I am now on a proper rota with a mix of mainly the 50 and 6 with other routes thrown in occasionally. Good luck with it all John, I'm sure you will enjoy it !

Thanks for that :D

A few drivers around the Walsall canteen keep saying that it is a rubbish job, but for some reason, they have been there for over 20 years. If it is so bad, then why are they still driving?

It will hopefully be an enjoyable career (It is only as enjoyable as you make it). I know there may be times where you will get some stick, you just don't let it get to you. It will take me a few months to settle down but I am looking forward to be finally be getting on the road

j789

Quote from: John on January 13, 2014, 06:52:35 PM

A few drivers around the Walsall canteen keep saying that it is a rubbish job, but for some reason, they have been there for over 20 years. If it is so bad, then why are they still driving?

It will hopefully be an enjoyable career (It is only as enjoyable as you make it). I know there may be times where you will get some stick, you just don't let it get to you. It will take me a few months to settle down but I am looking forward to be finally be getting on the road

I think there are plenty of worse jobs out there. I enjoy it and as long as you just get on with it and can ignore the small minority of idiots (especially car drivers) I am sure you will have no problem with management etc. I drive in a smaller city so the pressures are different but you will get to drive brand new vehicles something I can only dream about in Worcester!!!!!!

Liverpool Street

Quote from: John on January 13, 2014, 06:52:35 PM

End of the day John the job is what you make it.

I'm out of it now but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the job. (But be warned you require a thick skin, proper attitude and high tolerance to pratts.. and that's before you've got to the passengers!)

There will be people in this industry, as any, who are just waiting for you to f*** up and will skin you as soon as you do.

Don't get too friendly with the other staff, traffic office, inspectors etc as chances are they will stitch you up. I know first hand so don't try to preach!

But if anyone knows how it is, speak to Ex-BC Driver (Chris) on here. He's the most recent one on here who's experienced just about everything NX has thrown at him!

And if you get sacked, its not the end of the world. It's just a job. The industry's big enough for you to walk into another one.

Regards
until it cought fire

vinh1000

;)

Prob get onto the Pheasey Rota (easy routes here), or the Oxhill Rota (2 routes - 16/101)
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

John

;)

I am route learning the 7 and 65 on the Perry Common rota, the 16 and 101 on the Oxhill rota, the 28 and 33 on the Kingstanding rota and the 94 (done that today, one complete 94 trip on 4300). Hopefully on the road with buddy driver end of next week, or the start of the week after

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk