News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Dennis Dart SLF

Started by Bob, April 10, 2012, 09:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Anybody know if most of these will go to West Brom? Theyre pretty tired and rattly now and too small for the 31/32/33 routes that theyre used on but might be suited to contract services

Tony

Cannock have a nice new Dart for the 31
http://wmbusphotos.com/Arriva/2315.html

Well a 12 year old ex Dual Door London one anyway

Discodave

The MPDs are good around cannock due to badly parked cars etc on most routes not so good on long services need a more heavy duty bus VDLs both new and older ones in c :annocks fleet do the job well  :)

Bob

Some of the older darts, UVG bodied & the odd pointer have been withdrawn at Cannock recently, anybody know what will replace them??

Bob

Recently theres been a handful of darts transfered from elsewhere, the X523 GGO In Cannock which was listed in fleet updates, but recently theres been a S-KHN pointer in Stafford anda Y-TGM One in telford, but these havent yet been listed in fleet updates, anyone know where they came from and of anymore to come?

Discodave

Not more crappy darts come on arriva stop sending the tat down here but then again nothing changes at Cannock/Stafford

Bob

i hate em, i hate most of Cannocks fleet its crap.MPDs - rubbish, noisy rattly no legroom and unpleasant  to travel on. SPD/SLF - Much the same. SB200s- Ok but massively underpowered and HORRENDOUSLY noisy when having to over rev cos the engines too small. Scania Omnilink- these seem ok, quiet, a bit diwn market for the X31 tho, it should be a dual purpose bus at least! SB120- really crap! Worn out tatty seats, and legroom that a midget would struggle with! Volvo B10BLE- Probably my favourite, plenty of room, confortable, and sounds like a proper bus not some screaming hair dryer!

Discodave

spot on description of the current cannock fleet B10 volvos are the best remember when I had bring a alx200 low floor dart to Hinkley ex pye green which had just been refurbished for one of the 3601-12 volvos noisy clapped out crap down the A5 struggled for 50 mph luxury on the way back nice cruise with a smooth engine would hold 60 easy felt quicker though and would not be suprised if it was.

Bob

Yep. The darts are truly rubbish. There just about bearable on local routes, but what are they thinking of running them to Walsall Wolverhampton etc? Awful, and if youve ever caught the sat only Cannock to  Telford route, 1hr 20 mins on a MPD? absolute hell!

Discodave

could never stand the 76 (876) it was when I was there and in a MPD was hell screaming on top revs on the A449

tphi12000

To answer original question I have :-
2359 S614KHN - SY   -  EX ARRIVA SCOTLAND WEST
23?? S619KHN -  SY-  EX ARRIVA SCOTLAND WEST
2364 S632KHN -  SY  -  EX ARRIVA SCOTLAND WEST
2366 S643KHN-   SD -  EX ARRIVA SCOTLAND WEST
2383 Y40TGM  -   TF  -  EX ARRIVA NORTH EAST PREVIOUSLY SCOTLAND AND TGM
2384 Y50TGM  -   TF  -  EX ARRIVA NORTH EAST PREVIOUSLY SCOTLAND AND TGM

Tony
Tony

Bob

Any more transfers due in? maybe Cannock will get some

Discodave

as long as its not darts or dafs please

Bob

S614 KHN is running from Stafford not Shrewsbury

tphi12000

Quote from: bob on July 04, 2012, 06:41:58 PM
S614 KHN is running from Stafford not Shrewsbury
ok based on other reports entered service stafford 24/6 then transferred and entered service at SY 26/6 so this is back at Stafford now?
Tony

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk