News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Dennis Dart SLF

Started by Bob, April 10, 2012, 09:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrivaaston

Just to correct the main page, 2307 and 2316 are NOT scrapped, from what I saw in the yard today there's
2307, 2308, 2316 (P-FEA)

2329, 2330, 2332, 2335 (R-TJW)

All the S/YOG darts that were there from Shrewsbury seem to of gone from Cannocks yard, anybody know where they're headed??

And there's a Midland dart in the depot, couldn't see the fleet number as there was another dart parked behind it

Bob

Am u sure it was a midland dart could of bin a wardle 1 lol. I hope there all headin for the scrapyard there nothin but junk lol

arrivaaston

95 % sure it was a midland 1, it looked like it had Midland above the drivers window

covlad27

Quote from: arrivaaston on January 08, 2013, 07:06:06 PM
Just to correct the main page, 2307 and 2316 are NOT scrapped, from what I saw in the yard today there's
2307, 2308, 2316 (P-FEA)

2329, 2330, 2332, 2335 (R-TJW)

All the S/YOG darts that were there from Shrewsbury seem to of gone from Cannocks yard, anybody know where they're headed??

And there's a Midland dart in the depot, couldn't see the fleet number as there was another dart parked behind it

I think the midland dart at cannock is Accident damaged it could be waiting a repair

Discodave

There was a Midland MPD that had been in a bump was parked around the back then vanished so good chance it was a Midland one will see if it becomes Arriva as it needs a new front so a repaint will be needed and a refurb yes a polished turd.

Bob

Whats people's opinion of these buses?  I think they were ok for minibus replacement when new as thats what theyre designed for but other than that find them noisy and horrid to travel on and completely unsuitable for anything other than the most local short route. 52 plate upwards are marginally better as they don't have crappy B series engines

arrivadays

Quote from: bob on March 13, 2013, 06:09:36 PM
Whats people's opinion of these buses?  I think they were ok for minibus replacement when new as thats what theyre designed for but other than that find them noisy and horrid to travel on and completely unsuitable for anything other than the most local short route. 52 plate upwards are marginally better as they don't have crappy B series engines

I would say that Telford's MPDs (W-SNR and 2135) are okay. They're not bad - but I do not like the 52-plates as much, because they vibrate a lot when stationery!
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

Bob

FK52 MML in Cannock vibrates horrendously!  It was parked up out of service for ages at Cannock but has been back in use sounding even worse lately! The BU51 batch are really knackered now, SN03 LGC is probably the only decent one

arrivadays

Quote from: bob on March 13, 2013, 09:30:12 PM
FK52 MML in Cannock vibrates horrendously!  It was parked up out of service for ages at Cannock but has been back in use sounding even worse lately! The BU51 batch are really knackered now, SN03 LGC is probably the only decent one

I remember that Telford used to have 2 03-plate MPDs, branded for the 76/77 service - but with the 76 abolished, they were sold to some other company. Telford used to have FK52 MML, didn't sound too bad when we had it - but that was probably a while back.
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

Bob

It probably hasn't been very well maintained at Cannock. They used to be used mainly on the 33 service in Cannock which is what the 51 plates wei bought for but are used on anything nowadays including big bus routes

arrivadays

Quote from: bob on March 14, 2013, 07:32:55 AM
It probably hasn't been very well maintained at Cannock. They used to be used mainly on the 33 service in Cannock which is what the 51 plates wei bought for but are used on anything nowadays including big bus routes
That's what it's like at Telford - a lot of the small buses are used on the 11/22s and 33/55s.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk