News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

London Midland Trains

Started by Tony, September 22, 2012, 08:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T840MAK

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on December 18, 2016, 04:57:28 PM
On a slightly different note. I've heard London Midland or whoever's in charge when this happens. Something about splitting the Wolves-Walsall in two. Euston to Crewe no longer serving Stoke on Trent to be replaced by a Birmingham to Crewe service. Sorry if this is common knowledge already, all I can see in the previous few pages are the words "ridiculous situation" and "overcrowded".

This is part of the ITT (Invitation to Tender) of the new franchise - i.e. franchise requirements that the winning bidder needs to implement.
Twitter @TomCousins60054
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/modeltrains33/

T840MAK

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on December 18, 2016, 12:54:46 PM
[/b]

Have contacted Chiltern several times regarding services from London Marylebone to Birmingham on Saturdays' which then travel ECS to Stourbridge. They said they have no plans to turn them into passengers services in one reply and in the other reply they said there was no available path. Strange there is a path for the ECS???

Chances are that the path is there from Birmingham to Stourbridge, but if it sits at Stourbridge any longer than it currently does to unload rather than just reverse, it may not be able to get a path to return to the sidings, or indeed block a LM service, or of course remove the required headway between trains, as a stopping train requires a greater headway than an express. The alternative would be to run it non-stop from Birmingham to Stourbridge in service as current, but then there's not much point in it being a service, as it's only catering for demand to one station.

Railway pathing is a queer thing sometimes.
Twitter @TomCousins60054

Cheese

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on December 18, 2016, 04:57:28 PM
On a slightly different note. I've heard London Midland or whoever's in charge when this happens. Something about splitting the Wolves-Walsall in two. Euston to Crewe no longer serving Stoke on Trent to be replaced by a Birmingham to Crewe service. Sorry if this is common knowledge already, all I can see in the previous few pages are the words "ridiculous situation" and "overcrowded".

Yes, in the new franchise the Euston to Crewe services will run direct from Stafford and there is a new service from Birmingham to Crewe via Stone, Stoke, Kidsgrove etc. Not sure what the Birmingham to Wolves stopping patterns will be going forwards on all services I.e Shrewsbury, Liverpool, Crewe, stoppers.

BusFan94

I'm flying to America soon and my flight back is to land at Birmingham Airport for midnight, what is the last train to depart Birmingham International, what time does it get for New Street and what time is the last train to Wolverhampton from New Street.
Busfan94🚏
Local routes NXWM (WA) 34, 37, 39
NXWM (WN) 79
Thandi 334,37
Diamond 310,65
Further away
NXWM (WA) 11,13
Thandi 311/313
NXWM (WB) 40

Trident 4194

Is the Bhm to Shrewsbury service always quiet???

Them 170s are amazing, @Bob stop moaning.

Ashley 60171

Quote from: BusFan94 on December 22, 2016, 12:48:13 PM
I'm flying to America soon and my flight back is to land at Birmingham Airport for midnight, what is the last train to depart Birmingham International, what time does it get for New Street and what time is the last train to Wolverhampton from New Street.

Before your plane lands.

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 22, 2016, 02:12:57 PM
Is the Bhm to Shrewsbury service always quiet???

Them 170s are amazing, @Bob stop moaning.

Brum Shrewsbury is very rarely quiet.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Ashley 60171

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: BusFan94 on December 22, 2016, 12:48:13 PM

Depends what day you are travelling, weekdays there is a 00:21 or a 01:24 from Birmingham International direct to Wolverhampton, Saturdays its 00:21 or 01:29. Always worth checking though as at that time of the day there could always be engineering work going on. If you are arriving on a Sunday morning, you may have to look for alternative transport.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Bob

Trident 4194

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on December 22, 2016, 02:27:31 PM
Brum Shrewsbury is very rarely quiet.

Oh right I caught it and it was empty only between Sandwell and Dudley and wolves

I tell you what you can have 172 and well have 170 on Cradley line

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 22, 2016, 03:12:18 PM
Oh right I caught it and it was empty only between Sandwell and Dudley and wolves

I tell you what you can have 172 and well have 170 on Cradley line

So you want to swap the relatively new 172s for 1999 built 170s?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4194

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on December 22, 2016, 03:24:52 PM
So you want to swap the relatively new 172s for 1999 built 170s?

Yep I'd do anything hing to stop Bob moaning haha

T840MAK

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 22, 2016, 03:53:46 PM
Yep I'd do anything hing to stop Bob moaning haha

Shall we take any extra carriages that every other TOC "doesn't need" and send them to LM for the Chase Line and make it the top priority for train crews so he stops the moaning?  ::)
Twitter @TomCousins60054

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk