News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Alexander Dennis Enviro200 Discussion

Started by winston, September 20, 2012, 11:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: nitromatt1 on February 07, 2013, 10:32:31 PM
http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/news/new-buses-are-just-what-the-doctor-ordered

This was posted today on the NXWM website. Seems a little late as the E200's have been on the 222 for a while now. It also says that the eight vehicles are a £1.5 million investment - that's £187,500 each? Doesn't seem right...

The stop announcement equipment does not seem to have been installed yet?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

karl724223

its being done in a black country accent  so get learning our lingo  bostin ay it
:) 8)

Andrew1991

Quote from: karl724223 on February 08, 2013, 10:38:39 PM
its being done in a black country accent  so get learning our lingo  bostin ay it
:) 8)

Oh god, I have enough trouble trying to understand my mom & dad lol

nitromatt1

Can't be worse than the annoying man in the Hybrids lol

Andrew1991

If yowm gooin to the ospical its the next stop ay it, just gerrin to snett yow might see a scrap mon, that's if the bus windas dow get bosted. I'm expecting something like this ;)

nitromatt1

They should do the 74/75 in a Jamaican accent lol

Kevin

Finally caught one (819) on the 46, and it was fun seeing what it can do along the Newton road. But while I was on it I was thinking, with it being a fairly well used route why have they suddenly decided to put smaller buses on it? I wouldn't say it was a particularly tight cornered route or used narrow roads at all, in fact I would say the 40/42/43 more worthy of midi buses given some of the roads they have to navigate
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Sh4318

Quote from: Kevin on February 09, 2013, 10:35:22 AM
Finally caught one (819) on the 46, and it was fun seeing what it can do along the Newton road. But while I was on it I was thinking, with it being a fairly well used route why have they suddenly decided to put smaller buses on it? I wouldn't say it was a particularly tight cornered route or used narrow roads at all, in fact I would say the 40/42/43 more worthy of midi buses given some of the roads they have to navigate

Probably due to the other side of the route not being very busy (Londonderry to West Bromwich)
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Tony

The 406 (46) was always traditionally B6, exactly the same size as the Enviros. It is only since the B6s started dying that Mercs have been on there

Ash

Quote from: Shaun on February 09, 2013, 10:46:08 AM

Probably due to the other side of the route not being very busy (Londonderry to West Bromwich)

The Londonerry to West Bromwich section of the route is always dead your lucky if you see 5 passengers get on at West Bromwich can't see this part of the route lasting and in time I wouldn't be surprised to see the 46 return to West Bromwich to Great Barr only.

Kevin

Quote from: Tony on February 09, 2013, 12:48:48 PM

The 406 (46) was always traditionally B6, exactly the same size as the Enviros. It is only since the B6s started dying that Mercs have been on there

Ah ok, I just figured that they switched to using mercs because the route was popular enough to warrant bigger buses, but that would be far too logical i suppose. Although you say that I do remember the mercs were used for a fairly long period before, even seen deckers on there at times (not just peak times either)
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Sh4318

Quote from: Ash on February 09, 2013, 01:54:51 PM

The Londonerry to West Bromwich section of the route is always dead your lucky if you see 5 passengers get on at West Bromwich can't see this part of the route lasting and in time I wouldn't be surprised to see the 46 return to West Bromwich to Great Barr only.

I can't see that happening. The extension was put in place to cover parts of the withdrawn 444

Ash

Quote from: Shaun on February 09, 2013, 06:58:53 PM

I can't see that happening. The extension was put in place to cover parts of the withdrawn 444

I dont know much about the Londonerry area but the 444 always seemed quite popular the alx200 darts were always quite busy when leaving West Bromwich does the 48 or 53 cover a similar area to the 46 to Londonerry may be impacting on the patronage of the 46 but I suppose if NXWM aren't making money on a specific service they will either amend the route or withdraw it.

Sh4318

Quote from: Ash on February 09, 2013, 07:24:21 PM
Quote from: Shaun on February 09, 2013, 06:58:53 PM

I dont know much about the Londonerry area but the 444 always seemed quite popular the alx200 darts were always quite busy when leaving West Bromwich does the 48 or 53 cover a similar area to the 46 to Londonerry may be impacting on the patronage of the 46 but I suppose if NXWM aren't making money on a specific service they will either amend the route or withdraw it.

The 46 covers distinct roads that otherwise wouldn't have any access to West Bromwich, that's why it's required. The 48/129 do cover Londonderry, but only main roads. The 53 does also cover the Queens Head, but it takes an age to get there  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk