News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Alexander Dennis Enviro200 Discussion

Started by winston, September 20, 2012, 11:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danny

In response to N94, I think for me because the general consensus with ADL is to us the same design I was looking forward to seeing a single deck version of the MMC 400, and if the 200 was parallel on the front it would be I think, its the slope to the left glazing, looks very Japanese.
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Kevin

I like it actually, personal opinion but think it looks better than the current E200s. The only real issue I have with the looks is as mentioned elsewhere, swb version looks stubby and squashed, but then so do the current swb E200s so maybe the longer ones will follow suit
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Liverpool Street

Ha! First thing I thought of when looking at this piece of proverbial was "Mitsubishi Fuso 1996". Typically KMB styling it seems.

Why couldn't they of stuck with the design of the 400MMC - only make it single deck? I think its a fair presumption we're all impressed with that.

I dislike the idea of single deck vehicles being of a virtually separate design to its DD counterpart.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Ronnoc

Atleast it looks better then the rubbish old Enviro 200 design! Same with the Enviro 400.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on November 06, 2014, 04:07:31 PM
Atleast it looks better then the rubbish old Enviro 200 design! Same with the Enviro 400.

If they're even 10% better then the old E200 then I'd be impressed.

(I'm still struggling to find out how those got commissioned in the first place. Hateful hateful machines)
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

winston

The new E200MMC's will be from 8.9M - 11.8M seating 32 up to 46.
http://www.alexander-dennis.com/products/enviro200-euro6/

I wonder if the the E300 will still be MMC'd or could it now be discontinued for Euro 6 onwards?

CL

Quote from: Winston on November 07, 2014, 10:03:36 PM
The new E200MMC's will be from 8.9M - 11.8M seating 32 up to 46.
http://www.alexander-dennis.com/products/enviro200-euro6/

I wonder if the the E300 will still be MMC'd or could it now be discontinued for Euro 6 onwards?

Some pics from the gallery as well. I guess the driver cab door matches with the E400MMC... However I still don't like the rear window. It reminds me too much of a Volvo 7900(H).

The Interior looks far better from the exterior.
http://www.alexander-dennis.com/gallery/all-new-enviro200-interior/

http://www.alexander-dennis.com/gallery/all-new-enviro200-exterior/
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Liverpool Street

Nah. Not feeling this new E200 at all. Looking at those gallery photos on ADL site, the design is too quirky. I doubt many liveries would suit it and the layout internally just seems wrong. That rear window is ghasty, hopefully its an option and only available on top spec models (NX should avoid this segment ;-) )

They should've kept with the E400MMC front end light clusters etc, that looks impressive. The E200MMC looks... Well, too mismatched. I dare say its a nice vehicle (doubt it) - but that design isn't welcoming. I doubt bus companies give a shit anyway, I mean look at what they've done with that new Arriva Volvo bus for Derby, the Sa of the sapphire logo looks missing on the stupid windowed staircase!
until it cought fire

Tony

Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 08, 2014, 12:51:31 AM
Nah. Not feeling this new E200 at all. Looking at those gallery photos on ADL site, the design is too quirky. I doubt many liveries would suit it and the layout internally just seems wrong. That rear window is ghasty, hopefully its an option and only available on top spec models (NX should avoid this segment ;-) )

They should've kept with the E400MMC front end light clusters etc, that looks impressive. The E200MMC looks... Well, too mismatched. I dare say its a nice vehicle (doubt it) - but that design isn't welcoming. I doubt bus companies give a shit anyway, I mean look at what they've done with that new Arriva Volvo bus for Derby, the Sa of the sapphire logo looks missing on the stupid windowed staircase!

That's no Volvo LS, Wrights' own chassis with a Mercedes engine in the back

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Tony on November 11, 2014, 12:02:39 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 08, 2014, 12:51:31 AM

That's no Volvo LS, Wrights' own chassis with a Mercedes engine in the back

Oh I'm mistaken! So it Wrights fully integral machine then? (Except for the Merc block in the back ha)
until it cought fire

Tony

All 68 Enviro 200s in the fleet were on the road this morning. 100% availability, not bad for a rubbish bus!

Ironically the only other 100% availability was a complete extreme.... Pensnetts Mercs! - every one out today!

winston

Quote from: Tony on November 28, 2014, 11:56:36 AM
All 68 Enviro 200s in the fleet were on the road this morning. 100% availability, not bad for a rubbish bus!

Ironically the only other 100% availability was a complete extreme.... Pensnetts Mercs! - every one out today!

That's why PN's Mercs keep self combusting, they're worked too hard, they need a day off......

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Tony on November 28, 2014, 11:56:36 AM

They might all be out in the road, those E200's, but not a single one would be enjoyed by the drivers/passengers I bet!
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk