News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metrocity

Quote from: Westy on November 26, 2020, 10:13:25 PM
Is it possible Select could have the routes south of Cannock(the 1,2 & 3 Walsall & 70 Wolves, to go with their existing 71 & Wolves to Stafford routes), while D & G have the north of Cannock routes?

That's how I've interpereted your reply.

The 1 and 3 to Walsall have been suspended for so long now, I can't see how it would be viable to reinstate those

Bob

True. NX wiped the floor with Arriva on the 1. Arrivas retaliation to competition was hilarious. "How do we react to a competitor on our ( allegedly) premium  Sapphire service, i know we'll get rid of the branded leather seated 5 year old vehicles purchased for it and shove a load of threadbare Darts and Solos on with the odd 52 plate on as well, thatll keep em loyal" 😂😂😂😂

Kevin

Quote from: l.murphy123 on November 26, 2020, 11:11:14 PM
Would make sense for Select to run the 70 too for a combined half hour frequency between the 70 and 71. It would be good also to have a joint network ticket like the Midlamd Classic Day+ which is valid on some D&G buses....

Worth reminding that the Knot ticket exists covering them all anyway?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Bob

Quote from: Kevin on November 27, 2020, 11:11:16 AM

Im not sure if Select accept the Knot

DJ

Quote from: Bob on November 27, 2020, 11:27:35 AM
Im not sure if Select accept the Knot

They do.

QuoteWhich bus operators can I use it on?

• Arriva
  • D&G Bus
  • First
  • Midland Class (Also for journeys to Swadlincote, Derbyshire)
  • National Express West Midlands
  • Select Bus Services
- https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/miscellaneous/staffordshire-knot-ticket

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

l.murphy123

Quote from: Kevin on November 27, 2020, 11:11:16 AM

Good point.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

bususer28

Quote from: DJ on November 24, 2020, 07:14:16 PM
Chaserider, you say?  ;)

Is it confirmed they will be branding the services as chaserider or is that personal thoughts?

DJ

Quote from: bususer28 on November 27, 2020, 07:36:49 PM
Is it confirmed they will be branding the services as chaserider or is that personal thoughts?

It's not been confirmed yet, but I'm 99% sure they will be branded as Chaserider.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Solo1

Wonder how many will be out in the new livery with d&g

Westy

Suppose you'll get one or two initially, for publicity purposes, which reminds me, are they likely to do a leaflet push through doors to promote the new operation, & if so, not to forget the West Midlands County part of the operation!

Grinder

Before any one points it out that they are a different company to D & G, I love the Midland Classic livery which I'm sure is based on the yellow/red Midland Red North scheme in British Bus Days and in my view the concept of a white/red version for the D & G operation in the Cannock area would be excellent. We need something bright and cheerful after the, sorry if I offend, it's a personal opinion, dull NXWM offering we see in Cannock.

Tony

This is the actual image

Bob

Noticed theres no number 1 listed on it....

Westy

Why is the leaflet in the picture dated November 2020, when D & G don't take over till January 2021?

I'm assuming this is a mock up?

Kevin_Brum12

Reading the staff message, there have been discussions going on since 2019.  I presume coronavirius has slowed things down given the challenges presented across the industry and had COVID not happened, this transaction would have completed much sooner.  It may have been the intent was to complete things by the 1st November but events have intervened - and let us remember there are some in DB who see Arriva as an "English Patient" and would like to get shut of the whole lot, trains, buses and all at the first opportunity.

It suggests there will be some buses in overhaul ready for New Year and the livery appears much smarter than the Arriva colour scheme.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk